A Bereavement at Shoei.

nautilus

Not strictly airsoft news, but I will venture to put this here as as I know many on these forums honour the work of Shoei's master craftsmen and will be deeply saddened.

Tomio has informed me that his Father recently passed away after a long illness. He offers his thanks to the airsoft and model gun communities in Europe and America who have offered their support and good wishes to his Father during his illness and to those people with outstanding orders for the MG42 which have been suspended during this time.

The master passed away at home in peace with his family on Tuesday night.

Shoei will begin machining again after funeral observations and they humbly request customer's understanding in this regard.

Our thoughts are with them at this time.

Shoei feel that the best memorial for the great man is their work and, as Tomio says himself, it is ironic that the next scheduled gun to be reproduced is the 1st gen FG42 (the gun which started Shoei all those years ago, and his Father's favourite).

Thank you for your kind words.

RIP, his work was amazing and the quality he brought to our hobby is indeed still influential to me today. Whenever I looked at his work I was extremely amazed and knew I was looking at the work of a master.

I wish the best for his family

Archived