CA G36, or A&K M249

rwham

Ok, I am a little unsure about which one to get. The CA G36 has had some great reviews, and is supposed to be very reliable. The A&K, however, would really be the ultimate gun for me. The support gunner thing is just my style.

I know the A&K isn't out yet, so all I can get is opinions, but I would like to here from people with experience with the G36, and also people who have owned other A&K products.

I also know that most peoples first reaction would be to say to get a "Brand-Name" gun, but please consider the actual performance as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

The CA G36 is a rock solid gun, you wouldnt hear a creak or a wobble from it, the only problem (its a minor problem that can be solved with practice) is the foregrip.

Its a little aggitating at 1st to remove and insert the battery, but with practice you will get the swing of things.

The scope is a 1.5x magnification with iron sights on the top for those tricky situations where a scope would be practically useless.

You can convert it into the following, providing you can find the parts to do so:

MG36

AG36

G36K

G36KV

SL9

SL8

The MG36 requires a Bi-pod, which you can pick up off of the internet (make sure its a G36 Bi-pod) and a C-Mag.

The AG36 requires a special type grenade launcher, STAR and Madbull do a grenade launcher for it.

The G36K requires a shorter foregrip, inner barrel and outer barrel.

The G36KV requires a solid G36 stock. (which can house a large battery)

SL9 requires a modification kit (which isnt cheap, depending where ya get it)

SL8 removes the scope carryhandle and repalces it with iron sights.

Here's a pic of the rifles.

g36cmag.jpg MG36

ag36spain.jpg AG36

LEOshooting.jpg G36K

3_27-29-461-697_2003091233335.jpg SL9

t_34494.jpg SL8

As you can see, the mod choice is only limited by your imagination. :D

The scope is a 1.5x magnification with iron sights on the top for those tricky situations where a scope would be practically useless.

The scope in current CA G36s is now 3x magnification, as in most current real steel G36Es.

Umm, no. The K is the short version (Kurz), otherwise identical to the long one, but has a shorter front grip, barrel and a different four prong flash hider.

The E-stands for export. Altough the E-abbreviation is very debatably due to different countries they are sold to, a thing in common with all of them is that none of them has the dual optic of the original G36/G36K. And like said, "original" G36's have a rds and 3x scope, whilst export-versions (Spanish, which the E is often referred to) have a 1,5x.

All real steel G36Es have 1.5x optics.

The spanish army has in service the G36E both in 1,5x and 3x scope magnification.

I held once the 3x version.

Can be seen in the Spanish Ministry of Defence's website (although in spanish)

http://www.mde.es/dgam/principalesprogramasaym.htm

The 3x version were initially intended for the Spanish Marines, but actually has been issued to a wider number of units.

The spanish army has in service the G36E both in 1,5x and 3x scope magnification.

I held once the 3x version.

Can be seen in the Spanish Ministry of Defence's website (although in spanish)

http://www.mde.es/dgam/principalesprogramasaym.htm

The 3x version were initially intended for the Spanish Marines, but actually has been issued to a wider number of units.

Um, excuse me? The TOPIC?

If you guys want to discuss this,make a new thread.

How about everyone stops slapping each other around like a bunch of pansies and stay on topic, hmm?

The CA36 is a proven gun. There are many, many reviews for it, most of which give it much praise. It gives excellent out of the box performance and build, with a ****load of upgrades and add-ons you can do.

The A+K M249 is not out yet, so no one can comment on it. It is a clone, so reliability is questionable. I know it's an iffy comparison, but A&K's other models had questionable externals and subpar internals. Plus, they shoot ridiculously hard out of the box (I think 420 or something).

subpar internals. Plus, they shoot ridiculously hard out of the box (I think 420 or something).

Well, if a gear strips or something, that's only about $30 to replace, right? And if I'm worried about he spring being to much for the gearbox, I can just downgrade it to an m110, just strong enough so it wouldn't have TOO high of an ROF, I would expect.

Although, I just realized that I was expecting to win a film contest for a bunch of money next month. If I don't win, I can't get anything. :unsure:

Archived