I have in mind a new project and i need to get some advise,

has any one figured a way of running there weapons

using 12 volt batteries? ie a car battery

i have tried to find a voltage adaptor but it only give 1.5 amps

which isn't enough to power the weapon.

can anyone help?

cheers

ivan

just curious...why do you want to run your gun off a car battery in the firstplace? It is big and heavy and not worth lugging around for a day.

:blink:

Yes, a few select and lucky people have managed to run their guns on 12v batteries.

The procedure was long and aruous, and it should not be attempted by the weak.

You see, these people, they... They.... They went onto the very web of the inter, and quested through cyberspace untill they found that most holy of holy grails... An airsoft website. On this sacred and holy site, they proceded unto the batteries section... and after many hours of searching and battling with daemons, they clicked the "Add to cart" button spoken of in legends of yore.

Then the package got held up by a cack-handed delivery company.

If you want a 12v battery - GO AND BUY ONE! there are many 12v packs made for airsoft use. Just make sure you have the correct High speed mods, as the battery will push your ROF up for some reason...

EDIT - Oh, and to counter the gun falling to bits thing - load of rubbish. Yes, the gearbox was designed to run at a lower voltage. 7.2v, in fact. However, we're not hooking the damned thing up to a van der graff generator and shoving 10,000 volts through it. There is well documented evidence that guns will, in fact, NOT fall apart when a 12v battery is used. There's an obscure-ish tech site where they took a stock TM M4S and ran it at about 30 rounds per second. The only upgrade was a 12v battery and some time lightening and slightly modding the piston.

The internals were fine after 5000 rounds.

Huh. Well, you should probably have lopped the second tooth off, as it usually gets mangled in high speed setups. But, meh. I don't claim to know everything ^_^ If it works, it works.

Guys this guy is building a gun that is going to be static in a sentry post. For gods sake read his post. I'm presuming the role calls for a massive capacity battery so it can run for days.

You may want to try using a MOSFET, it acts like a variable resistor that can handle big loads. If you get the bias on the gate right, just the right amount of voltage will flow across the source and drain.

PM me if you want to talk about electronics :D

Guys this guy is building a gun that is going to be static in a sentry post. For gods sake read his post. I'm presuming the role calls for a massive capacity battery so it can run for days.

You may want to try using a MOSFET, it acts like a variable resistor that can handle big loads. If you get the bias on the gate right, just the right amount of voltage will flow across the source and drain.

PM me if you want to talk about electronics :D

you are right it will be a static weapon that any player on the site can use, defence points etc. im not good with electronics, thats why i was hoping for something simple to use. were would i get a MOSFET and how easy is it to build something to use it on?

cheers

ivan

Archived