WA issues...

r.ocelot

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Shooters Design steel chamber and steel outer barrel arrived today and again it's not a drop in fit.

Here's the problem: the slide doesn't return to it's normal position after installing the chamber and barrel.

DSC01545.JPG

The chamber seems to be of the exact same dimensions as the original WA chamber.

But here's how it sits:

DSC01546.JPG

What is the problem here?

if the slide is stopping about 5mm before it should then it sounds like the chamber needs some material removing..

One of my V10s had this problem.. turned out the chamber was sticking and not moving smoothly against the inner chamer (when the chamber/barrel are removed from the slide, the outer/inner chamber should move against eachother quite easily).

I think this is your problem, but I can't really tell from the pic..

Compare the SD chamber to the stock chamber (not by eye, by measurement), you may need to remove material from in front of where the pin joins the outer/inner chamber.. I also had to remove material from the top of the inner chamber (polish it down and ensure the chamber moves smoothly over it. But then again, mine was Prime.. <_<

Also, ensure that when the chamber is pushed forward, the front of the two metal pieces does not extend beyond the inner chamber.

if the slide is stopping about 5mm before it should then it sounds like the chamber needs some material removing..

One of my V10s had this problem.. turned out the chamber was sticking and not moving smoothly against the inner chamer (when the chamber/barrel are removed from the slide, the outer/inner chamber should move against eachother quite easily).

I think this is your problem, but I can't really tell from the pic..

Compare the SD chamber to the stock chamber (not by eye, by measurement), you may need to remove material from in front of where the pin joins the outer/inner chamber.. I also had to remove material from the top of the inner chamber (polish it down and ensure the chamber moves smoothly over it. But then again, mine was Prime..  <_<

Also, ensure that when the chamber is pushed forward, the front of the two metal pieces does not extend beyond the inner chamber.

The inner chamber is that the part under the chamber? The part that holds the hop up etc. ?

The chambers are virtually identical in size, what I did notice is that the front threaded part to which you screw on your barrel is different.

The original is flattened on top, while the SD one isn't.

DSC01551.JPG

Assemble the gun as normal but don't put the slide catch in. Can the slide return to the normal position? Have a look through the hole in the frame for the slide catch, if it's not a perfect circle, but partially obscured, you'll need to file the bottom of the chamber 'prongs' that are getting in the way.

Assemble the gun as normal but don't put the slide catch in.  Can the slide return to the normal position? Have a look through the hole in the frame for the slide catch, if it's not a perfect circle, but partially obscured, you'll need to file the bottom of the chamber 'prongs' that are getting in the way.

Yeah the slide can return to its normal position and indeed the hole for the slide catch isn't aligned with the hole of the part inside.

And here are some parts that came with the chamber. What are these for?

DSC01552.JPG

The brass tube is inserted into the kidney shaped space in the inner barrel/hop thing after you have unscrewed the two halves of it and removed the flat, egg shaped piece of metal. The inner chamber/hop part can then be put in the chamber and the little pin goes through the steel chamber, through the brass tube and then through the other hole on the other side of the chamber.

Hey thanks guys, I installed the little tube inside the innerchamber and it seems to have done the trick. It's still binding a bit but nothing major, it shoots without any problems. Thanks for all the expert advice guys!

Well, with SD chambers, I remove the egg shapped piece from the hopup, and just use the little pin to attach. I don't use the little tube.

Yeah removing the eggshaped thingy seems to have done the trick.

Now on to my next question:

How do you install an upgraded recoil spring. I only have the standard recoil spring guide and the upgraded spring doesn't seem to want to stay in place. Do I need a full length recoil rod/spring guide for the new spring?

I've never had to get a new guide rod so I can't really offer any advice as to which are better I'm afraid :( I would have thought any aftermarket guide rod would be much better than a stock guide rod..

But if you're looking for a quick fix you could always pm p360m or hitmanno2.. either of them could have a spare stock full length guide rod..

The upgraded one is about 1,5 times longer. How many coiils should I remove? Should it be just as long as the old one, or longer than the old one?

EDIT: I did it, works fine now, thanks for all the expert replies guys! :D

Guarder make them too, for non bushing and bushing.

I did try the Guarder with bushing, but it doesn't fit. They have a ridge on the bushing portion which won't fit in a regular 5inch slide. I just bought the WA unit in the end. It would be nice if the PDI (for J-Armory) worked as another option.

Archived