WA issues...

r.ocelot

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
twin cam, he's not refering to the firing pin pin, but to the pin you put in the frame on pgc kits.

It's to prevent the firing ping from hitting above the valve.

I realize that. I was trying to elaborate that the issues he is facing are almost always traced back to the firing pin or the firing pin retaining pin. The stock retaining pins will always deform to some extent under hard use, that's why you have to replace them with hardened steel as it is just a soft roll pin. I have used the complete CP premium hammer set with sear and firing pin. The CP pins do not always work with the PGC frames and cause light strikes.

Switching to a PGC firing pin corrected this, until the PGC pin failed. I have not had these issues with PGC kits and CP hammer assemblies since switching to Guarder firing pins.

As to the hammer not returning to full cock after cycling, this can be remedied by adjusting sear spring tension. It's time consuming, but that's life with a built airsoft 1911.

One more thing, if the CP firing pin retaining pin did not allow the firing pin to swing freely, you may have to enlarge the mounting hole in the firing pin to get it to work correctly as this can also cause the firing pin to misalign and not hit the valve dead on.

This is why I like to use SCW3 firing pin return springs in my SCW2 builds.

Thanks for the support

He is using the CP retaining pin and the firing pin does move freely. I'll tell him to try out the Guarder pin.

The thing with his sear spring tension is that it's not very stiff at all.

But when that hammer gets stuck just before the point where it's ready to fire, the gun won't shoot. I mean you can push back the hammer, then pull the trigger; the hammer slams home but the gun never fires until you re-rack the slide. I find this very odd since the slide blows back fully before that hammer gets stuck.

And his disconnector doesn't get stuck, it's fitted pretty free (that notch part that protrudes up from the frame).

I'm thinking maybe that disconnecter (down in the guts of it all) is getting jostled out of position and catching the sear thus causing the hammer to stick. Maybe that's why racking the slide gets the disconnector back into position for the gun to fire again.

if there's too much slack within the hammer assembly. .I shim(AEG) the hammer and all its components . .I also will disassemble all the "controls" and sears and debur all the "flash" from die-casting. . . I just try to reduce all possibilities of hang ups on mating/moving parts.

This is why I like to use SCW3 firing pin return springs in my SCW2 builds

This is why I *try* to stick to Magna. . .and just avoid all the issues with the SCW system...why mess with a system that works near flawless.

I think the SCW firing pin assembly has so many problems because it's dependent with the hammer. . since they're tied together. .if you hammer has too much slack. .it may cause your firing pin to strike offset too. . every movement of the hammer affects the firing pins motion/function.

if there's too much slack within the hammer assembly. .I shim(AEG) the hammer and all its components . .I also will disassemble all the "controls" and sears and debur all the "flash" from die-casting. . . I just try to reduce all possibilities of hang ups on mating/moving parts.

This is why I *try* to stick to Magna. . .and just avoid all the issues with the SCW system...why mess with a system that works near flawless.

I think the SCW firing pin assembly has so many problems because it's dependent with the hammer. . since they're tied together. .if you hammer has too much slack. .it may cause your firing pin to strike offset too. . every movement of the hammer affects the firing pins motion/function.

I would agree. But I've found the SCW guns to deliver more kick (very important to me) and very fast cycling speed..

and of course, the realism that comes from having the hammer fully drop as opposed to it sitting against the firing pin..

Anyone ever experience the outer barrel-barrel bushing fit impede the slide movement? It's very strange. Sometimes I can fire off a mag or so and its perfectly fine, then the slide will return, but not all the way (maybe 2mm or so left to go). It then requires a pretty hard push to get it the rest of the way. It then requires a similar amount of force to pull it back that small distance too.

This problem occurs with the outer barrel on and slide catch in.

Doesn't occur with outer barrel on and no slide catch in.

Doesn't occur with no barrel on and slide catch in.

Is the best thing to do, sand/file the inside of the barrel bushing? Thats the only thing I can think of, but then I don't want to make that fit too loose...

How about this one.

Prime Series 70 metal kit with SCW3 internals.

Sometimes when the magazine is in, the slide cannot be pulled back. Take the mag out and the slide will go back. It fires fine though.

Is there a simple fix to this? as i'm sure i've experienced it before and it luckily went away by itself.

Also the steel chamber likes to get the slide stuck. I've removed the egg shaped bit from the hop unit and filed down the chamber legs so they don't obstruct the slide catch.

Any ideas?

ocelot, yeah the valve block depressing lever is flush with the top of the rail. It can even go slightly under the rail level if it's pressed down.

I've elongated the hole in the valve block lever, now i'm filing the underside of it where it pushes down on the sliding plate on the mag. It has got a little better, but I don't want to keep on filing it down, only for it to become unusable. Whats the best thing to do?

ruchik, magnatech is the cheaper line with SCW3 internals.

• 2 weeks later...

im having a problem replacing the main spring housing on my gun. there is a gap between the bottom of the grip safety and the top of the MSH when i slide the new one in, where i can see right through into the the 3 prong silver thing. but the problem is that the holes, when lined up, do this. in addition, the holes themselves don't even line up rite! i thought this was a problem just with the new MSH, but when i tried putting my old one back on, the gap is still there, and the holes still won't match up quite correctly (they are ever so slightly misaligned).

Not really a problem, but does anyone remember a guide to fixing a WA's slide lock so that it can be released when you pull the slide back a bit? I know I saw it, but I can't remember what it was called and I really need a bit of info I think is in it.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. :)

i tried to zero my hopup today, but noticed something rather strange. it's been a while since i have played with a WA, so i played around with the hop a little to re-familiarize myself. turning the hop fully to the left caused the shots to curve downards like crazy, so i assumed this was to turn the hop off. but turning it all the way to the right didn't really have an effect either-the shots would start dropping at approximately the same range as the bb's did when the hop was turned all the way to the left. i had this same problem before with an overlubed gun, but i haven't sprayed any lube into the hopup area at all. the gun is brand new, and nothing is broken in it. can't figure out for the life of me what's going on. maybe the hop is slipping?

You dont typically want to be at the extreme of either end with a hop unit, in any gun. Maximum is rarely the best setting for the pistol, so try playing with it and finding good middle ground. Some hop ups like Tanaka's seem awful without being adjusted correctly, but when they are, they're great.

I have a problem putting my WA SCW2 SVI back together! I screwed the Blue grip of and know I have a problem putting it back together so the trigger and safety work especially with the 3-spring plate. It doesn't seem to go back in.

I'll post pictures of the parts later...

I already took a look at the assembly guide for the 1911 but, the 2011 seem to be a bit different because the under frame is one part.

Every help is welcome!

Greetings

Archived