WA issues...

r.ocelot

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, simplest way to do it is remove the main spring housing at the back of the grip by knocking the pin at the base out and sliding it downwards, then taking out the trigger spring*. You might have to take the magwell out as well to do this, but my experience is with a Para, not an Infinity so I can't say for certain (r.ocelot probably knows better'n I do). After that, marry up the upper and lower frame pieces and screw them together before you try to put the trigger spring and MSH back in.

It's by far the easiest way to do it. The only tricky part that way is trying to get the trigger spring back in, as the three prongs all have to engage different parts of the mechanism.

*the three-pronged thing, not sure what it's actually called but "trigger spring" is one of its functions and it's easier than "three pronged thing"

Thanks already guys for your help.

putting upper and lower is not so difficult now, but letting the hammer/trigger mechanisme work again is not quite working.

Is the leaf spring installed in right way around the triggerguard?

Correct me if I'm wrong please:

Pic:

(1)DSC02906.JPG

Further help welcome...

Greetings

the 3 prongs on the leaf spring can be described as (L to R):

1) trigger pressure ..tune this to adjust trigger pull (should be on the front side of the trigger "bow".)

2) hammer sear disconnector (this doesn't rest on the trigger "bow" . .when you have the upper install. .this leaf spring prong will rest on the hammer sear/disconnector.)

3) grip safety

Can anyone tell me what the other side of this slide says?

gsms091.jpg

The description reads: For Western Arms MEU Pistol Limited Edition (SCW), and I was wodering if the other side had the Springfield Armory trademarks on it.

And is this: Shooters Design POM Loading Nozzle Set For WA SCW SV Series, also fit SCW 2 guns?

Disassemble the slide? You know how to take the recoil spring and barrel assembly out, right? Taking the blowback mechanism out after that is mostly a matter of pushing it forward and upwards while trying not to break the slide, if you have a plastic one. It gets a little hairy* sometimes if you don't want to break the slide but I don't know that there's another way to do it. Getting it back in's easier though, and once you have the gas parts out of the slide they're easy to disassemble and reassemble as long as you don't lose the bits and as long as you're careful.

To take the gas parts apart, you just pop the plastic bits out of the metal case and the piston slides out forwards quite easily.Remember what order it all goes in when yo put it back though!

*hairy=scary for those who don't grasp the colloquialism

Well, I was looking for something to take the slide apart, not the frame bits. Is it similar to the TM P226 disassembly, where to get the blowback engine out I just to bend the frame a bit and pop it upwards?

I also had a question about the trigger overtravel adjustment screw. Does screwing the screw into the trigger shorten overtravel, or does screwing it outwards, or loosening it shorten overtravel? I adjusted it both ways, but I cant seem to feel any difference in overtravel.

Well, I was looking for something to take the slide apart, not the frame bits. Is it similar to the TM P226 disassembly, where to get the blowback engine out I just to bend the frame a bit and pop it upwards?
As far as I can make out, yeah. It comes out easier if you can push it forward in the slide a bit as you do it, but I've never managed to take the blowback unit out of any of my SCW guns any other way. Except the ones with metal slides, of course, but that's another matter entirely.

As for your other question, I don't know the answer I'm afraid. I've never needed to adjust mine.

I ran into a problem taking out the sights on my MEU late model. The front sight has a tiny screw that I assume holds it in place, as there is nothing underneath the slide under the sight, and I cannot find a hex head screwdriver small enough to get at it. The rear sight is a Novak, and is held in by a hex head screw as well. Problem is, whoever assembled it at the factory seriously tightened this thing like a rock, and I stripped the head trying to get it out. Is there any way to get these screws out without destroying them? Or am I going to have to tap a flathead into them, then screw them out that way?

edit: I think I need to take out that stripped screw on the rear sight, because I think that screw holds the sight to the chamber itself.

Never mind. After copious amounts of swearing, I realized that the rear sight is not attached to the blowback unit. Sheer frustration caused me to pop the blowback engine out and leaving me staring at the bottom of the sight, where two little screws glared back at me. Go figure.

I ran into a problem taking out the sights on my MEU late model. The front sight has a tiny screw that I assume holds it in place, as there is nothing underneath the slide under the sight, and I cannot find a hex head screwdriver small enough to get at it. The rear sight is a Novak, and is held in by a hex head screw as well. Problem is, whoever assembled it at the factory seriously tightened this thing like a rock, and I stripped the head trying to get it out. Is there any way to get these screws out without destroying them? Or am I going to have to tap a flathead into them, then screw them out that way?

edit: I think I need to take out that stripped screw on the rear sight, because I think that screw holds the sight to the chamber itself.

That ALMOST happened me too. I think there is a dab of black paint over the screw or something...

Anyway I had the tiny allen key from a WA Beretta PV (used to secure the infamous grub screws on the safety lever that otherwise go "walkies") any managed to use that to tighten it.

I'd be careful though cos the slide finish can get damaged by the screw and the dovetail (in plastic!) is relatively weak...

I clip recoil springs all the time, to fit a new recoil guide rod or just to tone down the action a little. Most springs are linear, so removing a few coils just lowers the pressure a bit, but doesn't effect the working of it. I find SD springs to be fine, but I always cut Guarder springs, especially for guns with tradition guides.

Archived