Paypal Begging

This is only a minor thing, and probably one that only annoys me,

But why do so many people feel the need to request money via paypal on the forums? It started as a joke with sledge or whoever, but so many others are asking and it's starting to become an annoyance. Is there any way of moderating the board so it filters paypal links or what have you?

I know there's no obligation to send anything and theres only a tiny amount of space taken up by it so thats why I'm merely suggesting here in the suggestion forum rather than having a go at any members individually. :unsure:

I know what you mean. I don't like seeing so many begging links on people's signatures. Apart from anything else, a signature is a signature, not somewhere to attach general rubbish that has nothing to do with anything. It's sort-a like adding spam to the end of every single post you make.

Begging is frowned upon in the real world too. Sure, you can walk past a beggar on the street and ignore them, but when they line your entire route, it is annoying. That's why the various police services move them on.

Personally, I'd like to see the same here where begging links are not allowed in signatures (the occasional humorous post where it is relevant maybe) - but then it's up to Arnie, not me ;)

It has gone a little too far now IMO.

I think you're right and links to paypal and other profit making schemes (such as matrix/pyramid free iPod stuff) should be kept out of signatures unless there is some true value to them such as comedy or a genuine need.

There's no easy way to automatically filter out such things (at least I'm not going to sit and code it tonight), so I'll just tack that one onto the forum rules.

I do find it quite comical that some people do that though. I mean, I looked at someones fund and so far they collected 2 dollars...But just so you guys know the freeipod.com thing does work, but I still don't realize why people put them in their signatures as they make no profit from them.

I find it just as annoying as you guys, and somewhat pitiful for the poor souls who appear to sincerely believe that someone might donate, rather than those who inserted links for comedy value such as Sledge and Jow.

However, from experience if they're banned outright they'll only crop up again sooner or later. What about having one legitimate thread for people to post such ###### in?

everyone here is here because they like to spend money on their "addiction" to airsoft, to whatever extent the bug bites them.

I dont think anyone logs onto this site to peruse who is most deserving for a two-pound donation. (not to use you as an example, but you volunteered) or to look for strangers on the internet to give their money to.

Its just lame.

Edited by andthestoryends
Excuse me, I got £1.92 out of that! :lol:

Yeah, fair point. Not really funny when everyone starts doing it. Ah well, at least we've still got the trout slapping. ;)

:zorro:

Yeah, I used you as a example, I just made up a story of 2 dollars because I didn't know if you guys called those pounds or something, do they call them quims now?