Airsoft map

avisonjohn

Hya guys, i noticed the airsoft map link on the left menu of these forums. I decided to 'try' and recreate it myself.

Heres the deal - email me the following details and i will add them to the database. If i get a good response, i will continue with the project and allow users to automaitically add their own data.

RETAILERS

--------------

Name

Address

Postcode

Phone

Website URL

Additional Comments

PLAYERS

---------------

Players Name

Players Postcode

SKIRMISH SITES

----------------

Site Name

Address

Postcode

Phone

Website URL

Additon Comments (fps limit ect)

Send me an email with the details above and in the subject line, state whether they are details for SKIRMISH SITE, PLAYER or RETAILER

avisonjohn@yahoo.co.uk

here is the page so far:

http://www.up4fun.co.uk.tt/airsoft/map.php

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Yes i already seen that one but its not very user friendly or clear though. The one i have done loads much faster than the one on the left also. And you dont need to know the Longitude/Latitude for the location either as my script will calculate it for you.

IIRC Rebel Troop closed down some years ago.

Latitude/Longitude ?

Not exactly needing maritime navigation to get to the sites/retailers.

A postcode is usually sufficient for Satnav these days.

Regarding the postcode, i may have overlooked it, but on the map previously posted, i thought it needed lat/long to plot on the map its location. What i was trying to explain was that on my one, you just enter the postcode, which saves time looking the lat/long up when adding a retialer to the map. It was just a quick idea though so if no one gonna use it i'll take it offline.

I'm afraid that typing www.airsoftmap.co.uk is just a lot more appropriate.

Maybe you should contact the guys at Firesupport that run the site, they might listen to your ideas?

I'm afraid that typing www.airsoftmap.co.uk is just a lot more appropriate.

Maybe you should contact the guys at Firesupport that run the site, they might listen to your ideas?

Well as i said i will only continue with the project (new desing, domain name ect) if people wish to use it. You have a very good point though. I may get in touch with Firesupport, but not sure if they would really want me to contribute to their exisiting project...i may be wrong thouhg, i guess its worth a shot...

Hey this is more like it, some decent comments. thanks guys hehe :) Maybe i should expand it slighty to say the whole of europe...maybe the whole world actually...it wouldnt be *too* hard to do...hmmm...i'll think about it if you want me to...

Archived