Before:

070716-F-0000D-201.jpg

Staff Sgt. Matthew Slaydon prior to the attack which robbed him of his sight and one arm -- plus a multitude of facial lacerations and a collapsed lung. Sergeant Slaydon was on a six-month deployment as an explosive ordnance disposal technician when on Oct. 24, 2007, an IED detonated 2 feet from his face. (U.S. Air Force photo illustration/Senior Master Sgt. Eddie Dominguez)

After:

080413-F-9528H-419.jpg

Staff Sgt. Matthew Slaydon and his wife, Annette, pause outside the Randolph Air Force Base, Texas, chapel at their wedding vow renewal ceremony April 12. Sergeant Slaydon was critically wounded by a terrorist bomb in Iraq in October 2007. His wife and a host of Air Force members at Randolph and his home station of Luke Air Force Base, Ariz., have helped Sergeant Slaydon focus on recovery. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Matthew Hannen)
Edited by tommyknocker2121
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

080430-A-1234C-006.jpg

080422-F-2828D-586.jpg

Senior Airman Mark Ostrander shakes hands with a young Afghan boy during a foot patrol April 22 in the Pashwan District. Airman Ostrander is a member of the Bagram Provincial Reconstruction Team's Police Technical Advisory Team and is deployed from the 55th Security Forces Squadron at Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Andy Dunaway)

Pretty cool, AF using the IOTV. Bonus: RAID modified ABUs

Edit: On second thought, it might just be the APECS jacket

Edited by tommyknocker2121
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...A-1234C-006.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...F-2828D-586.jpg

Pretty cool, AF using the IOTV. Bonus: RAID modified ABUs

Edit: On second thought, it might just be the APECS jacket

I'm going to say it is an APECS. I don't think we're authorized to modify the ABUs yet. We're not even allowed to iron them. Supposedly.

I can't wait for my clothing allowance so I can grab myself a set. If I have enough I might grab another top and see about that RAID modification.

ACU, DCU, ABU, and Woodland! What a combination!

080430-A-1234C-010.jpg

Airmen march toward a mock village during Individual Movement Technique training at the Fort Dix, N.J., improvised explosive device range. The training teaches troops how to conduct maneuvers in an unknown, often hostile, environment. The Airmen, members of USAF Class 25, are completing the Soldier Skills Training Course as they prepare for various deployments around the globe. There are about 75 Airmen currently going through the month-long course.

080423-F-2828D-980.JPG

Don't cross this line

Airman 1st Class Kelliea Guthrie (left) and Senior Airman Greg Ellis provide security April 23 for a C-130 Hercules aircraft during a cargo mission at Feyzabab Airfield in Afghanistan. Both Airmen are part of the fly-away security forces team assigned to the 455th Expeditionary Security Forces. (U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Andy Dunaway)

A1C Guthrie looks like she may be pretty cute lol.

They are.

Why do you find this strange?

for starters, i didn't know US and german were actually working together. i was under the ompression that US forces were motly in southern a-stan, and germans in the north. Or does the airforce just play taxi cos the luftwaffe don't have the propper planes?

Edited by Chevieblazer
for starters, i didn't know US and german were actually working together. i was under the ompression that US forces were motly in southern a-stan, and germans in the north. Or does the airforce just play taxi cos the luftwaffe don't have the propper planes?

US forces are often mixed with people from all sorts of nations, namely NATO. My squadron has a few Canadians and Australians, for example. It's not unheard of.

ROFLMAO

Ohh..man that is so true. I went to my "A" school at Lackland AFB and it was a mixed school with the USAF SF. Those were some..let's say "friendly" females...and we were "fresh face" as they called it being the NAVY guys. It was good times...don't get me wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Battlefield Airmen Train on Hickam

080508-F-9750V-405.jpg

Tech. Sgt. Richard Setlock, a joint terminal attack controller, briefs his plan of attack to an instructor during close-quarters battle training May 7 at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. The JTACs were using an old housing area on Hickam AFB to conduct realistic training in an urban environment. Sergeant Setlock is assigned to the 25th Air Operations Training Squadron at Wheeler Army Air Field, Hawaii. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Chris Vadnais)

080508-F-9750V-402.jpg

Tech. Sgt. Richard Setlock (left) and Airman 1st Class Daniel Meyer, joint terminal attack controllers, execute their attack plan during close-quarters battle training May 7 at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. The JTACs were using an old housing area on Hickam AFB to conduct realistic training in an urban environment. Both Airmen are assigned to the 25th Air Operations Training Squadron at Wheeler Army Air Field, Hawaii. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Chris Vadnais)

080508-F-9750V-401.jpg

Airman James Aldridge, a joint terminal attack controller, posts security during close-quarters battle training May 7 at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. The JTACs were using an old housing area on Hickam AFB to conduct realistic training in an urban environment. Airman Aldridge is assigned to the 25th Air Operations Training Squadron at Wheeler Army Air Field, Hawaii. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Chris Vadnais)