• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the discussion about PJs in STSs ^_^

PJs are assigned in RQS or STS.

Never heard about Master Sgt. William McDaniel and SSgt. Juan Ridout? KIA February 22, 2002, both assigned to 320th STS.

Or Tech. Sgt. Scott E. Duffman? KIA February 18, 2007, assigned to 24th STS.

RIP

They're all pararescuemen ;)

Also, there are RQS under command of ACC, AFSOC (Special Operations), ANG (National Guard) and AFRC (Reserve).

(So if you want to do a perfect AFSOC PJ impression, be sure your inspiration is not from AFRC or wathever :P )

Also, there are RQS under command of ACC, AFSOC (Special Operations), ANG (National Guard) and AFRC (Reserve).

(So if you want to do a perfect AFSOC PJ impression, be sure your inspiration is not from AFRC or wathever :P )

I'd disagree, the SOF community in general is or was having to utilise its reserve components more widely because of increased demand for their specific skill sets during the War on Terror. Just because a PJ belongs to the ANG deoesn't mean that they're not a PJ, case in point - a couple of pics of the 103rd Rescue Squadron of the Air National Guard based out of Westhampton Beach, New York state.

3048181873_b1615c7c7d_b.jpg

3048214253_2058412d72_b.jpg

2998121254_030cb58c9c_b.jpg

They're using exactly the same sort of kit as is being used in Iraq and Afghanistan, and in fact this is the first time I've seen 10.5" barrels being used by PJs.