Just because a PJ belongs to the ANG deoesn't mean that they're not a PJ

Never said PJs from Reserve or ANG are not PJs :unsure:

I meaned, for someone who want to do an AFRC or ANG PJ impression, to not tell it's an AFSOC one, it will be inexact.

I saw this mistake some time, "AFSOC impression, PJ style blablabla" with an inspiration from an AFRC unit.

Whatever, Nice pics! :punk:

Beautiful loadouts, Wilcox mount are not frequent on PJs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the double post, I can't edit anymore.

Simunition upper are in 10.5" and 14.5" barrels,

maybe actually 103rd RQS don't use 10.5" barrels apart from simunition training?

Doesn't appear to be the case as they were using a mix of 10.5" and 14.5" barrels during the training as these two pics illustrate.

2920711534_a70d89b6b4_b.jpg

2920272646_b1d1f904c9_b.jpg

Yes I saw the pics, but it's always Simunition kits here, and I think we can't be sure they're using 10,5" barrels during life-fire exercises or real operations.

@CoolHeart : Paraclete HPC, and Paraclete exclusive custom for RQSs based on HPC (with fastex on shoulder pads an other features).

Edited by matfar

I've seen more and more of those modified HPC's over the last couple of months. I may well change mine since it's a size small, and even at the maximum adjustment it rides too high for my liking, especially with soft armour underneath so swapping the metal triglide for the buckles should add an extra inch or two. Anyone know what other modifications have been made?

• 2 weeks later...

25iamuf.jpg

A members of a Deployed Aircraft Ground Response Element from the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron catalog and bag evidence gathered from a simulated high value target elimination scene during the Emerald Warrior Exercise, Feb. 3. The forensic evidence collected from the scene could result in the identification of other high value targets.

(Photo by Senior Airman Julianne Showalter : 1st Special Operations Wing Public Affairs)

64pc2x.jpg

A member of a Deployed Aircraft Ground Response Element from the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron surveys the area for threats during a tactical evidence collection simulation during the Emerald Warrior Exercise, Feb. 3. Collecting forensic evidence from the scene verifies the elimination targets and provides further intelligence for other high value targets.

(Photo by Senior Airman Julianne Showalter : 1st Special Operations Wing Public Affairs)

1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron? Are they any different from run of the mill USAF Security Forces? If they are, these pics make a lot more sense. If not, could this be the first example of a "regular" unit running Multicam?

Wiki, says 1st SOSF Squadron falls under the 1st Special Operations Mission Support Group as do:

* 1st Special Operations Civil Engineer Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Communications Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Comptroller Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Contracting Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Logistics Readiness Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Mission Support Squadron

* 1st Special Operations Services Squadron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Special_O...ts_and_aircraft

That's the second example of AF SOF personnel in multicam in the space of two months! Kinda hoping it doesn't become a regular occurrance or I'm going to have to look at purchasing some multicam :( .

Yah but technicaly these guys are not SoF.... they are AF cops assigned to the 1st SpecOps wing..... who also have the 1st spec ops trans, and 1st spec ops supply and the 1st spec ops maintinance.... just like the person who took the photo is from the 1st spec ops publics affairs office..... see where I am going with this.

Yah but technicaly these guys are not SoF.... they are AF cops assigned to the 1st SpecOps wing..... who also have the 1st spec ops trans, and 1st spec ops supply and the 1st spec ops maintinance.... just like the person who took the photo is from the 1st spec ops publics affairs office..... see where I am going with this.

I see you point.

What is curious from my perspective is why the 'AF cops' as Wrench Bender called them would be called upon to do post-strike assessments? Surely it would fall to whoever had the target under surveillance on the ground/whoever lased the target for the airstrike? It just seems to be a more traditional SOF role, one I wouldn't immediately think of the 'cops' doing.

That's the second example of AF SOF personnel in multicam in the space of two months! Kinda hoping it doesn't become a regular occurrance or I'm going to have to look at purchasing some multicam :( .

You should beggin to do your purchase list so ;)

Yah but technicaly these guys are not SoF....

As they're under 1st SOW, so under AFSOC, don't make them special forces? Even if they're just security airmen?

I thought all personnel under a Special Operations Command have SOF status.

You should beggin to do your purchase list so ;)

As they're under 1st SOW, so under AFSOC, don't make them special forces? Even if they're just security airmen?

I thought all personnel under a Special Operations Command have SOF status.

True, but how far do you take the SoF designation..... I was an aircraft mechanic, there are guys with my AFCS assigned to SoF, does that make them SpecOps types..... not really.

As for the cops doing the strike assesment, I think this falls more into evidence gathering is what they are doing.

They may have a bigger budget, but unless they are part of the AF airborne unit that follows the Rangers in airfield seizers I would say no, they are not SoF personel.

nah, the group is mostly SF types.... as in Security Forces, they also have a group of Red Horse.... which are for the most part Air Force combat engineers. I'll have to look it up but I believe they are stationed at Hurlburt Field, Florida. They may have TACP's integrated with them.