Just a couple of picture from this summer from a photoshoot. Team GAWS

Picture161.jpg

Thanks for looking. My loadout has changed a bit, getting more accurate bits and pieces. I will update later.

Later,

JD

Ahh...your all dead...your #1 man is looking at your imbed reporter and not the door! Cool pic set's too bad there is almost a 100% chance you will never find a game where those kits would get good use. But nice kits man.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks TheLair. I don't find any differences with a standart 1961 too, and I find some product with AF Style tag too, like "LBT-1961A NSW DEVGRU CHEST POUCH AF STYLE", I think it means something else than Air Force, but what? :unsure:

@Zarda : Those are STS, John Chapman (24th STS, RIP) in center with the Cheschire cat. And if I remember his Memorial have a LBT chest rig too.

Even if STS have PJs, 24th STS is a special unit with special gears, they apparently love LBT^^

We can see LBT chest rigs were in use between 2001 and 2003, I think it's not really good for a much modern impression, except if someone have recent pics with it?

Aren't they TACP?

There is a little mistake in the topic title, CCTs and TACP are both JTAC, but TACP are not SOF.

But they have cool gear (mostly RAV) and a really interesting mission, like CCT but with "regular" army, make a call to strike the ennemy with some bombs, pretty much cool job? uh B)

Pics 1 and 3 of Fatal's post look kinda familiar, there's a contributing editor for Airsoft International magazine by the name of Donnie who is a CCT and those pics look a lot like some I've seen in the magazine.

They are,his real name is jarred and he started caoc if anybody remembed that. Then he dropped off the face of the planet with everybodys money but thats a different story. iirc he is a tacp but im not sure.

Edited by sparco7777

Couple of questions guys. I'm thinking of putting a PJ loadout together and was wondering a couple of things.

1. It seems like there is so much variety of kit worn by PJ's. Are there any good websites with kitlist examples?

2. Because of this variety of kit, what are some key items that scream PJ?

3. Anyone know what specific model/models of Protec have been used/are used by PJs?

So far I'm thinking...

- Woodland RAID BDU's for woodland, DCU/UCP for desert.

- Protec

- ESS profile NVGs

- Nomex gloves (or my black mechanics)

- PACA

- Belleville boots

- M4A1, pretty standard with RIS vert grip and aimpoint.

Not sure what to do for my vest. Currently I'm using a HSGI Weesatch in OD which I really like, but I'm not sure if it's been seen in use with PJ's. But again I've seen tons of different chest rigs worn, so I'm not sure. I know Paraclete stuff and MAV's are seen a lot but I don't want a MAV (seeing as I just sold one). Obviously whatever rig I use will have medical pouches, EMT shears etc.

So any advice in general? I've looked through this thread, and some stuff on military photos.

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher

Welcome to the party! Most of your questions are probably answered here.

Some things I didn't mention in that post are that you can find some good PJ-inspired airsoft loadouts on the SNAFU forums, and as for the protecs.. I think I've seen both the regular and full cut in use but I'll check for references.

Edit: Oh and contrary to what I said in my other forum post, you hardly ever see PJs with crane stocks. Mostly it's just the standard or LE style ones.

Edited by Siygess

Excellent. Thanks for the link. I'll take a browse and see what I can find.

- CapaciousZepher

Edit

Ok it looks like I'll pick up a black diamond harness, so that's sorted out. Also an RRV is looking like a good option to wear over the PACA.

Would getting one in OD instead of tan be ok? I'll also pick up a protec classic.

Edited by CapaciousZepher
Excellent. Thanks for the link. I'll take a browse and see what I can find.

- CapaciousZepher

Edit

Ok it looks like I'll pick up a black diamond harness, so that's sorted out. Also an RRV is looking like a good option to wear over the PACA.

Would getting one in OD instead of tan be ok? I'll also pick up a protec classic.

MJK is all I've ever seen as far as an RRV. H-Harness' have also been seen, as well as Old DCU FLC's. Eagle Universal Chest Rigs have been seen a couple times aswell.

It will probably look okay over US Woodland, but not so much over DCU. It's only in the older photos (and also, training ops) where you tend to see PJs wearing green gear over DCU so my advice would be to bite the bullet and get an RRV in CB. Looks fine over Woodland, DCU and UCP ;)

Also, I finally got my own harness today (thought I'd try the BHI Tactical Rappelling Harness since I found one for a good price on eBay). My first pass is almost complete!

Edited by Siygess