• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be an Eagle PC without the cummerbund. It's pretty hard to tell from the picture above, but from this one (same guy, if the captions are correct) it certainly looks like an EPC from the back:

Not easy to tell 100%.

I think that the pictures have been taken on several days, because you`ll different setups / changed gear... (helmet, rig etc.)

A LBT 6094 (old type without velcro at the upper front molle) is a nice thing to see for me :D

Now i need to order a CRYE shirt :P

The thread is about air force SOF units, your reference are not.

Thats Donnie T aka Jarred from Ai magazine in the article So you wanna be a TACP.

Found the pictures of the article.

TACP-1.jpg

TACP1.jpg

TACP2.jpg

Now I am not sure if a TACP is considered AF SF, but I am assuming that because its in the title of the thread it's ok. IF you still find this to not be the place take it up with a mod please because I am done defending my position on why I posted in this thread and wheter Jarred is an actual TACP (which he was).

Any help on inproving my kit would be appreciated.

Edited by Ghost Sandman
Well too late to edit out the SEAL patch. As I see thats the only thing that people are having a problem with any other ideas are welcomed.

and my reference pic

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/DTRSandman/tacp.jpg

in your reference pic, what ACU vest is that guy wearing? It almost looks like one of these.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156086

First post.

x5bnk1.jpg

First Lt. Brent McCall, 101st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron combat rescue officer, and Tech. Sgt. Jedediah Smith, 101st ERQS pararescueman, load up their gear for a training mission in Northeastern Afghanistan, April 20. In addition to an M-4 assault rifle, combat medical gear and body armor, Sergeant Smith also packs his four-year-old daughter Mia's pre-school class teddy bear. The seven-year New York Air National Guardsman said he brings the little guy along with him on all his missions and writes letters to her school on behalf of the bear. "He pretty much goes everywhere I go," Sergeant Smith said, including the eight combat search and rescue missions he's done since he deployed here.

(Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Lake : 455th Air Expeditionary Wing)

1073ol1.jpg

Tech. Sgt. Jedediah Smith, 101st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron pararescueman, surveys the landscape for threats during a training mission in Northeastern Afghanistan April 20.

(Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Lake : 455th Air Expeditionary Wing)

tactical teddy anyone?

We had a pilot who pasked one around for his daughter. It had this friggin little passport too. He would have one of the loadmasters go and find a customs or imigration officer from wherever we were to stamp the darned thing every chance he got. It was like a ritual for him...... we would land park and complete the checklist then the bear would come out of his helmet bag and he would start his scann for the first E4 he laid his eyes on..... and you did not want to comeback empty handed either.

We had a pilot who pasked one around for his daughter. It had this friggin little passport too. He would have one of the loadmasters go and find a customs or imigration officer from wherever we were to stamp the darned thing every chance he got. It was like a ritual for him...... we would land park and complete the checklist then the bear would come out of his helmet bag and he would start his scann for the first E4 he laid his eyes on..... and you did not want to comeback empty handed either.

lawls