• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you need anything more than what was in an IFAK?

Maybe medical tools, and things you can get at faster, so you won't have to dig in the ruck to find. IDK, I've seen a lot of PJ pics with extra utility pouches. Besides, you don't use the IFAK on someone else.

I got me one of these...

http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php...t=59&page=1

In woodland camo, would wearing it over three color desert be a ok PJ load out? I would still need a first line and maby a third... Need some pointers. I have a Petzel repelling harness is that ok to wear to? I know I need a riggers belt right? I just need some help building a load out around that.

Yeah, the rig is fine. No need for a Riggers belt if you have a Rappeling Harness. For a third line, I think a ALICE Ruck would be cool, since it would fit the time period. A basebal cap or MICH 2000 would work for headgear. You'd need a PACA to go under it. On the first line, a 6004 or M12 and a M9, a utility pouch, dumper and a couple pistol mags.

My WIP PJ rig. Sorry for the poor picture quality, I only have my camera phone atm.

PJL001.jpg

TT 2piece MAV w. X harness

2x TT mag shingle

2x TT grenade pouch

1x TT accessory pouch

1x Eagle triple M4 mag pouch

2x Eagle FB M4 mag pouch

1x Eagle Medic pouch

1x Eagle smoke grenade pouch

1x DBT MBITR pouch

1x SOF tourniquet

1x Lazer Brite light marker

1x VIP IR strobe

2x ASP tri-fold restraints

1x Paraclete HPC

1x LBT medic pack

Edited by dolla billz
Got me some Aircrew armor / PJ armor

I did not realise they had those stupid pouch mounts on the armor too.... wierd. I wonder how well those stood upto ejection tests. Or were they evne meant for use in anything other than a trashhauler.

Who makes that?

I am not sure about the armor, but the survival vest which is part of the system is made by a company here in Washington State.

Edited by Wrench Bender
I did not realise they had those stupid pouch mounts on the armor too.... wierd. I wonder how well those stood upto ejection tests. Or were they evne meant for use in anything other than a trashhauler.

Aircrew armor is usually issued to crews flying in low-flying unpressurized aircraft such as helos and C130s.

When I transfer to MC12s, they'll be giving me an IBA.

Need some pointers. I have a Petzel repelling harness is that ok to wear to? I know I need a riggers belt right? I just need some help building a load out around that.

Yeah, the rig is fine. No need for a Riggers belt if you have a Rappeling Harness. For a third line, I think a ALICE Ruck would be cool, since it would fit the time period. A basebal cap or MICH 2000 would work for headgear. You'd need a PACA to go under it. On the first line, a 6004 or M12 and a M9, a utility pouch, dumper and a couple pistol mags.

I've got to strongly disagree with Crunchy Bunny here, if you're suggesting running a 1st line then you've contradicted yourself in saying 'no' to a riggers belt. The rappelling harness is designed for one thing, and one thing only - namely rappelling, not carrying any other items. The harness isn't designed to hold up your trousers, besides which not all PJs pictured are wearing a harness. Billy Bob the Sniper - if you're planning on running a 1st line (i.e. 6004 for M9, pistol pouches and maybe a personal med pouch) then get yourself a riggers belt; the harness should go over the top.

dolla billz - damned good lookin' kit, will be keen to see the finished impression as I'd toyed with the idea of a TT MAV over the top of a plate carrier when I first started planning my PJ impression. Only thing I'm not sure about are the restraints, and also the lack of a pistol and pistol mags.

I've got to strongly disagree with Crunchy Bunny here, if you're suggesting running a 1st line then you've contradicted yourself in saying 'no' to a riggers belt. The rappelling harness is designed for one thing, and one thing only - namely rappelling, not carrying any other items. The harness isn't designed to hold up your trousers, besides which not all PJs pictured are wearing a harness. Billy Bob the Sniper - if you're planning on running a 1st line (i.e. 6004 for M9, pistol pouches and maybe a personal med pouch) then get yourself a riggers belt; the harness should go over the top.

dolla billz - damned good lookin' kit, will be keen to see the finished impression as I'd toyed with the idea of a TT MAV over the top of a plate carrier when I first started planning my PJ impression. Only thing I'm not sure about are the restraints, and also the lack of a pistol and pistol mags.

What I meant was, not hang things off the harness, obviously, but use a Duty Belt to carry the stuff, as atleast in my opinion, when soft belts like a riggers belt get heavily weighted, they tend to twist or sag. IDK ,if you like running a rappeling harness and a Riggers Belt, go ahead, I just don't personally like them with weight on them. Duty Belts just seem better for that application.

Kit looks good dolla. Real nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I havnt skirmished with this setup yet but have ran around the house playing PJ and pistol seems okay on the harness. I do have a 6004 for the M9 but I wasnt sure if a leg rig would be a good idea with a harness. I did think about krylon just to take the god awful shine off the holster as its a copy.