I am not sure as I have never done any rope work with a pistol on my harness.... however even having a carbinere on their was not very comfy to me when I was on the rope. I am not sure that the holster with pistol will be very comfortable if you ever decided to rappel with it like that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess your right, any climbing/abseiling/rappelling I have done I have not a pistol but the chances of me doing any rappelling on a UK airsoft site are slim. The holster wont fit on the molle belt & I am not too keen on the idea of using a molle platform. I will give the 6004 a try out but I cant see it being comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

081126-F-7823A-624.jpg

As tactical air control party Airmen, Tech. Sgt. Harvey Wagenmaker and Airman 1st Class Eric Czachor serve as liaisons between Army ground commanders and pilots to coordinate close-air support to eliminate enemy threats. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Aaron Allmon)

090404-F-7330K-004.JPG

MSgt Ed Shulman, SrA Zack Eason, SrA Nicholas Leis, Maj Scot Perkins with the 113th ASOS begin a competitive exercise with other TACPs on base to test each teams ability to use a variety of tactical communications and targeting equipment during April drill. Photo by TSgt Michael Kellams (RELEASED)

Edited by gbiscuit
Second pic, guy on the left, is that a CAGE?

Sadly, no more pics of that dude, but it certainly looks like it... Cool.

From the same set, though:

090404-F-7330K-023.JPG

TSgt Scott McPhee, 113th ASOS, utilizes his Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR)to calculate the exact location of a target during a field training exercise over April UTA. Photo by TSgt Michael Kellams (RELEASED)
Edited by gbiscuit

Looks pretty good Jolly, Air Rescue is still sexy :D

May I suggest you to change your gloves for something older? Like Nomex gloves or older gen Mechanix?

Put some comm, comtac I, and rappeling harness, have an optic ans laser designator on your M4, and it will be a very good kit.

• 2 weeks later...

090623-F-5608V-154.jpg

Tactical air control party Airmen prepare for landing after a 30-minute ride on an Army National Guard CH-47 Chinook during training June 23-26. 25th Air Support Operations Squadron Airmen camped at Wheeler Army Airfield's East Range near Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii, to sharpen proficiencies necessary for upgrade training to become combat mission-ready joint terminal attack controllers. It's training like this that ensures safe and reliable wartime readiness. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Carolyn Viss)

hires_090623-F-5608V-103.jpg

A U.S. Air Force airman provides landing zone security for an Army National Guard CH-47 Chinook on Wheeler Army Airfield's East Range, Hawaii, June 23, 2009, near Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. He and other radio operators, maintainers and drivers camped out for four days to sharpen proficiencies necessary to become combat mission-ready joint terminal attack controllers. The airman serves with 25th Air Support Operations Squadron.

U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Carolyn Viss

hires_090623-F-5608V-211a.jpg

Members of the U.S Air Force Tactical Air Control Party patrol during an exercise on Wheeler Army Airfield's East Range, Hawaii, June 23, 2009. The training, which included combat lifesaver skills, convoys, air assault egression, and improvised explosive device reaction, ran from June 23-26. It was designed to give tactical air control party members a better idea of what to expect when they deploy to Afghanistan with an Army unit.

hires_090623-F-5608V-289.jpg

U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Chris Tamblyn provides small arms fire cover for members of his unit who were evading opposing forces during a field training exercise, Wheeler Army Airfield’s East Range, Hawaii, June 23, 2009. Armed with M-16s and basic radio and global positioning system equipment, they made their way through wet brush to find their camping spot.

hires_090624-F-9708M-270c.jpg

U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class Philip Henderson takes a knee outside his Humvee after being attacked by opposing forces during a training exercise on Wheeler Army Air Field’s East Range, Hawaii, June 24, 2009. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Mike Meares

090624-F-5608V-169.jpg

Tech. Sgt. Alejandro Castillo indicates to Airman 1st Class Chris Tamblyn, 25th Air Support Operations Squadron tactical air control party, to prepare to load a casualty on a CH-47 Chinook for aeromedical evacuation during field training June 24. Radio operators, maintainers and drivers camped out for four days to sharpen proficiencies necessary for upgrade training to become combat mission-ready joint terminal attack controllers. Because they're training now, they'll have a better idea of what to expect when they get to Afghanistan with an Army unit. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Carolyn Viss)

USSNewOrleansLPD18.jpg

U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Noah Landwerlen, a pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, watches for any potential dangers prior to landing in Helmand province, Afghanistan, on June 27, 2009. The crew is responding to a request to aid personnel conducting combat operations. DoD photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Weismiller, U.S. Air Force.

2nqch0l.jpg

From the side of an HH-60G Pave Hawk, Senior Airman Clint Lentz, pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, watches for any potential dangers prior to landing June 26, Hemland province, Afghanistan. Airman Lentz and the rest of the crew are responding to a Medevac request to aid personnel conducting combat operations further down range.

(Photo by Staff Sgt. Shawn Weismiller : U.S. Air Forces Central Public Affairs)

e5fqx4.jpg

As dust kicks up from the rotor wash of an HH-60G Pave Hawk, Senior Airman Clint Lentz, pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, prepares for the landing June 26, Hemland province, Afghanistan. Airman Lentz and the rest of the crew are responding to a medevac request to aid personnel conducting combat operations further down range.

18n8ti.jpg

Senior Airman Noah Landwerlen, pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, cares for a wounded Afghan national army soldier, Hemland province, Afghanistan. Landwerlen will provide care to the injured soldier until they can safely deliver him to a hospital.

2vju2rm.jpg

Staff Sgt. William Lawson, pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, cares for a wounded Afghan national army soldier, Hemland province, Afghanistan. Lawson will provide care to the injured soldier until they can safely deliver him to a hospital.

29ekuhe.jpg

Staff Sgt. William Lawson, pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, comforts a wounded Afghan national army soldier, Hemland province, Afghanistan. Lawson will provide care to the injured soldier until they can safely deliver him to a hospital.

2hhzsic.jpg

Inside of an HH-60G Pave Hawk, Senior Airman Clint Lentz, pararescueman, 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron watches for any potential dangers prior to landing June 26, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan. Lentz and the rest of the crew are bringing an injured Afghan national army soldier to a hospital for further care.

14w3j9z.jpg

Staff Sgt. William Lawson (right), pararescueman with the 129th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, helps coalition forces carry a wounded Afghan national army soldier to an ambulance, Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan.

My USAFSOC rig in progress... an LBT-style split rig over/strapped onto an RBM-R plate carrier. Previous owner of the armour got it off a parajumper but not sure whether to go for a PJ-specific kit or a USAFSOC loadout with a bit more leeway... suggestions?

Photo014.jpg

Having this over raid-cut DCUS (on the way) with mechanix skeleton gloves and at the moment using an LR300 since its my only primary.

Dave

I know theyre like the sign of super-noob but I got a very good deal on them on ebay and they're so comfy... :(

Could I get away with some cut-off OD nomex flight gloves? and save my mechanix for non-photo ops?

Thanks for the thumbs up though... sourced a Mich with norotos mount and velcro, now need to paint my rifle and work on a first line and boots :)

Dave

Well I never... never knew CCT stood for that :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CCT-Coordinated-Cari...93%3A1|294%3A50

Edited by spetsnazdave87

Cheers bud ;)

I've sourced a subdued AFSOC patch for one shoulder pocket, CCT patches for the other shoulder pocket and on chest, plus US flags for each.

Any patches I should be looking at for the helmet? I can see a few in pictures but dont know what they mean unfortunately.

Edit: Im looking for more comedy asian interpretations of acronyms, but no luck :P

Edited by spetsnazdave87