• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this qualify for a PJ/CRO Impression?

IMG_8635.jpg

I'd like some suggestions.

You actually have a pretty good representation of what we trainees wear for PJU. You have a little too many magazines but you are forgetting the most important part of a typical PJ loadout... The medical supplies! From the pictures that I have been looking at most of you guys are forgetting about the medical aspect of the job... That is our job. We don't kick down doors and hardly use our weapons. Medical Medical Medical. If you have any questions about what medical equipment we use I can give you an exact list of what an "average J" would carry.

You actually have a pretty good representation of what we trainees wear for PJU. You have a little too many magazines but you are forgetting the most important part of a typical PJ loadout... The medical supplies! From the pictures that I have been looking at most of you guys are forgetting about the medical aspect of the job... That is our job. We don't kick down doors and hardly use our weapons. Medical Medical Medical. If you have any questions about what medical equipment we use I can give you an exact list of what an "average J" would carry.

Are you going through training right now or have you completed tech school?

As detailed a list of all equipment as possible would be great.

IIRC AFSOC's use two kind of o RAV's. Normal paraclete RAV and custom AF RAV which is lighter.

Hope this helps :)

Giggidy. My next rig will probably be a (sadly) Pantac RAV in "SG", with all Paraclete pouches. How many mags are usually carried thirteen/autumns? I'm thinking 7 up front, 3 pistol mags, and two frags up front, 'FAK on the left C-Bund, horizontal util on the right c-bund, comms on the rear left, next to a hydro. I'm debating on running the pistol on the chest of the RAV, or on a drop leg.

Right now I am currently in the pipeline and at the Paramedic phase at Kirtland AFB. As far as the loadout for medical supplies I will post some pictures up tonight with a detailed list. This kit list is what we trainees carry during PJU and Paramedic so obviously it's not going to be the same as per say a operational J, but it will give you a REALLY GOOD basis.

As far as the vest loadout we carry only 6 magazines and no side arm magazines. Operational Js though do carry side arms and I have yet to see one of my cadre or any of the pictures in the school house have them on their vest. They are almost always on a drop-leg platform. Again I will post some pictures of what we look like including the vest.

Oh and communication equipment is never put on the back of a vest, and I have yet to see a J carry any frags. We do train with them but never have I seen any on a vest, or on a J in general. We have our security force for that... Basically covering our butts while we work and transport the patient(s).

Edited by thirteen/autumns

There is the medical ruck supplies that we carry around. This is only the equipment that we carry in our ruck, we also carry medical supplies on our vest like a surgical pouch, TK belts, trauma sheers, etc. Stuff that is not shown would be stuff like Epinephrine, isotonic .9% saline solution (IV), various cardiac drugs like Lidocaine, oxygen, I am sure you get the idea. An actual operational J medical ruck would be a little more extensive with the medical equipment but like I said before this is a really good basis to start on. I will have the pictures of the junior PJU team up later today to show our personal loadouts.

DSCN0411.jpg

I will start with the top row moving right...

wire latter splints

portable suction device

cervical collar

IV start kits (IV admin. set, alcohol pads, Penrose drain, 14 16 18 gauge IV catheter, 4x4s sterile, Opsite)

poleless litter

Sam Splints

Ziplock bags

trauma sheers

bp cuff

stethoscope

combat glasses

gauze sponges (4x4s and 2x2s)

standard bandaids

adult BVM with pocket mask

shitload of Kerlex

Petroleum gauze

shitload of different bandages/compression wraps/cravats

penlights

surgical tape (1", 2", 3")

space blanket

TK belts

21 23 25 gauge hypo. needles

KTD

"sharps" container

OPAs

NPAs

10cc syringe

5cc syringe

Laryngoscope handle/blade

ET tubes with styletts

gloves

patient treatment cards

Anyone know where i can read-up some more on pararescue/pararescue jumpers personnel?

What do you mean by "personnel?" Like actually PJ operators or just Pararescue in general?

There is pararescue.com specialoperations.com specialtactics.com afsoc.af.mil

Those are some pretty good websites with pretty recent information. Otherwise I am always more than happy to answer questions... If I know them.

What do you mean by "personnel?" Like actually PJ operators or just Pararescue in general?

There is pararescue.com specialoperations.com specialtactics.com afsoc.af.mil

Those are some pretty good websites with pretty recent information. Otherwise I am always more than happy to answer questions... If I know them.

Has anyone written any books about PJ and Pararescue?

My USAFSOC rig in progress... an LBT-style split rig over/strapped onto an RBM-R plate carrier. Previous owner of the armour got it off a parajumper but not sure whether to go for a PJ-specific kit or a USAFSOC loadout with a bit more leeway... suggestions?

Photo014.jpg

Having this over raid-cut DCUS (on the way) with mechanix skeleton gloves and at the moment using an LR300 since its my only primary.

Dave

so thats where my vest went to .....nice :)

kevin

Edited by Kevin Berry

I've got Air Force issue DCUs with TSgt ranks, and anAir Force nametape still attached to the blouse. I've also got a tan Air Force PASGT that a Fire Fighter in the Air Force gave me. I've got all the little bits and pieces of the gear, MINUS an M4 or any sort of plate carrier.

So close, yet so far. :[