• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Air Force issue DCUs with TSgt ranks, and anAir Force nametape still attached to the blouse. I've also got a tan Air Force PASGT that a Fire Fighter in the Air Force gave me. I've got all the little bits and pieces of the gear, MINUS an M4 or any sort of plate carrier.

So close, yet so far. :[

PASGT isn't PJ and you're not a TSgt.

PASGT isn't PJ and you're not a TSgt.

I never said I was. The PASGT is the only kevlar style helmet I have, and it will work for me. The DCUs were given to me by a family friend who WAS. Now he's a SMgt. He has no problem with me keeping the ranks on it, and I intend on keeping them on there.

Why so anal-retentive about ranks? Not a SINGLE soldier I know has a problem with it. They actually encourage the fact that I keep my uniforms to the same regulations that they do, ESPECIALLY when they give me a set. Believe me, I have friends in the ANG, Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. If any of them had a problem with it, I'd stop wearing ranks on my uniforms. Until then, they're staying were they are.

Tempted to dig out my ABUs and put together a modern PJ loadout, did the wannabe one a few years ago in DCU, could be time to ABU it.

kevin

Dude you will never see a J in ABUs... Ever! Every cadre that I have talked to and actual J absolutely hates ABUs. Come to think about it I don't even know one Airmen that likes ABUs!

ABUs :waggle: LOL

Yes you can. I have a friend who's a PJ, and he absolutely LOVES his ABUs. All of our Cadet corp. loves ABUs, we just can't afford them right now. all of the Airmen I know, or have ever met like ABU, too.

I REALLY want some ABUs...even if I can't wear them in the Army! XD

Yes you can. I have a friend who's a PJ, and he absolutely LOVES his ABUs. All of our Cadet corp. loves ABUs, we just can't afford them right now. all of the Airmen I know, or have ever met like ABU, too.

I REALLY want some ABUs...even if I can't wear them in the Army! XD

Wow first I have heard that since I joined in October 2008! LOL :huh:

Wow first I have heard that since I joined in October 2008! LOL :huh:

First I've heard that since I joined in July 05. I still haven't bought mine. I'm clinging to my BDUs until 2011. And I'm not going to pay for them either.

Ok, I take that back. Shirts and commanders like ABUs. Maybe the CSS/MPF type like ABUs too.

Also,

ABU's are gayer than two boys *fruitcage* in the front yard.

Take off the *fruitcage* rank you aren't a tech.

ABU's are gayer than two boys *fruitcage* in the front yard.

Take off the *fruitcage* rank you aren't a tech.

Like I said: Im NOT going to until one of my Air Force friends takes offence to it, or until my Army enlistment is complete. If you don't like it, you can deal with it. I'm not going to change something because somebody on the internet told me too.

Edited by J-Rock_14

He has his rights, hehe.

Well, if the guy who earned it thinks that J-Rock should wear it, then whatever, I mean come on. No one needs to *badgeress* about it, even if you cant prove that he's lying or not. My dad let me wear his uniform with Captain ranks on it, he encourages it, if he didn't like it then he of all people would tell me. Probably same thing with J-Rock and his friend, I'm not defending him, just telling you all to drop it.

It's not a terribly huge deal to me, it's mostly force of habit "if you didn't earn it, don't wear it" is pretty much a region-wide rule. Also, I've seen Chiefs rip into airsofters for wearing rank, symbols, etc that they clearly didn't earn.

Obviously, if he wants to be a **** about it, whatever. He has his 'friends' for him to claim legitimacy.

I'd recommend you at least change your rank to A1C or some such, for a myriad of reasons, if you must have rank.

On topic;

Autumns, how long is your training? A friend of mine just left for TACP. He said that would be two years of training (I'll be sure to hit him up for kit lists and the like)

Edited by Kraut
Like I said: Im NOT going to until one of my Air Force friends takes offence to it, or until my Army enlistment is complete. If you don't like it, you can deal with it. I'm not going to change something because somebody on the internet told me too.

Hell man if you are going to wear rank *suitcase* wear chief... LOL. Some people care if you wear rank or not, I could personally care less. Earn it, didn't earn it who cares. ;) But it's still stand... ABUs are the retarded/stupidest/going to get and Airmen killed uniform!

@Kraut

Pararescue training is usually give or take about 2 years. CROs on the other hand usually go through the pipeline in a little under a year, they don't go through medical training that is why it's so short. I have a friend that quite in INDOC who is now a TACP and loves it. I am sure so will your friend

All the PJs with my dad's squadron don't like they're ABUs, I don't know what they're wearing though. They're suppose to be getting MC stuff, but it hasn't come in yet.

There are photos in the Air Force Times with PJs wearing MC. Also listed out some gear they use.

@Kraut: I think I'll just stick to ranks that were on the jacket when I recieved it. Nobody I know has a problem with it, so it's staying that way.

Also, other than a BX, does anybody know where I can get issue ABUs? Wright-Patterson AFB didn't have any when I was there for a Leadership camp, and I really wanted some. There were plenty of Airmen wearing them, but they were all active duty, and had them issued before they were deployed.

Thought that I recognised the rig Jolly15 posted a pic of as soon as I saw it, here is a close-up and some pics of the same type of rig in use from mp.net's Pararescue thread:

USAF101stExpeditionaryRescueSquadro.jpg

Senior Master Sgt. Glen Berg, 101st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, gets together his gear before a mission here. Sergeant Berg, a New York Air National Guardsman, is an aerial gunner for the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters here and a New York City firefighter back home. Some of the New York Guardsmen in the 101st ERQS wear patches like this 9-11 patch as a reminder while they stand on alert to rescue downed pilots and ground troops wounded behind enemy lines. New York's 101st Rescue Squadron from West Hampton Beach, N.Y., is preparing to head home after supporting Operation Enduring Freedom for nearly five months. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Lake: 455th Air Expeditionary Wing)

2edd206doorgunner.jpg

Senior Master Sgt. Glen Berg, 101st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron aerial gunner, loads his rail gun on the HH-60 Pave Hawk before taking off on a training mission here April 20. The 101st ERQS, deployed here from West Hampton Beach, N.Y., provides combat search and rescue capability for the 455th Air Expeditionary Wing. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Lake: 455th Air Expeditionary Wing)

2edd207doorgunner.jpg

Senior Master Sgt. Glen Berg, 101st Expeditionary Rescue Squadron aerial gunner, mans his HH-60 Pave Hawk rail gun before taking off on a training mission here April 20. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Lake: 455th Air Expeditionary Wing)