• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks T/A ;)

There are a lot of Eagle products in use in some RQS, but generally it's RRS-V with back panels, H-Harness, or the good old Air Sea Rescue vest.

I def. agree with you on the RRS and H-harnesses... But we mostly wear Paraclete. Taken during PJU (not by me).

081101-F-9528H-011.jpg

Pmd you

PMed you back!

Pararescue flash? I've never heard it called that, I've heard it called the pregnant lady though.

Hmm I have never heard it called the "pregnant lady" before

Thirteen/autumns I have a question, what is the most common rappelling harness among PJ's? Good luck with your training, best of luck to you!

The ones we use in PJU are basic Black Diamond Alpine Bod harnesses. When we graduate and go on to our units it's up to the unit on which equipment they issue. Of course we can use anything that we deem necessary to complete the mission. To answer your question in all honesty... Any harness you want. Hope the pictures help a little. The J in the last picture on the left is wearing a Petzl harness, that is the harness that I use. If you go to the Black Diamond website they actually have a harness the Momentum SA in a "multicam" fabric which I know one of our cadre wear.

458803428_Smbmq-O.jpg

458738292_3TyBz-O.jpg

458800510_Mvgo2-O.jpg

If PJ's need to clear rooms, somethings wrong.

LOL are you serious... What is that suppose to mean? Js are a perfectly fine means for clearing a room. We undergo the same weapons training as Navy Seals and Army Rangers. We are not normally the first ones in a stack but I would put any J up against any other trained personal in the military, we could easily hold our own.

agreed lol.

Just remember that Js are attached to tier units and that is our job. We train with the best and work with the best. That is why PJs are requested time and time again by all different units. If they thought we couldn't do something simple like clear a room correctly I am pretty sure we would be normal Army combat medics or Navy Corpsman, but I am not dissing on them in any way. Statistically they run more EVACs then Js could ever wish for!

It means, if a team of PJs are stacked to take a room, SHTF. Missions now a days in Astan, don't require room clearing. If they're attached to a STS, then yes they would need to do that, but they should train with the unit they're attached to. They should also train with other PJ seeing they might not get time to train with the SEAL/ Ranger unit. I'm not saying PJs can't take rooms, but if they need to, 99% sure something when wrong. I've had an Ex Ranger agree with me that PJs taking rooms means something went wrong.

Edited by Jolly15
It means, if a team of PJs are stacked to take a room, SHTF. Missions now a days in Astan, don't require room clearing. If they're attached to a STS, then yes they would need to do that, but they should train with the unit they're attached to. They should also train with other PJ seeing they might not get time to train with the SEAL/ Ranger unit. I'm not saying PJs can't take rooms, but if they need to, 99% sure something when wrong. I've had an Ex Ranger agree with me that PJs taking rooms means something went wrong.

By that logic, an STS clearing a room would mean that something is wrong too. I mean, they just sit back and call in boom booms and EVAC...

:rolleyes:

Right.