Do we have some sort of basic kitlist for a PJ? I'm considering doing a really good PJ kit sometime in the future, but would like to see what it entails first.

Go through this thread... there's a really comprehensive post on PJ gear.

In short - if my memory serves me correct - a rappelling harness (Black Diamond, Blackhawk), Paraclete HPC or RAV with Paraclete pouches, or Eagle Air rescue vest, even a few RRVs plus a few (To be honest quite many, actually) other rigs. First line... you can roll with or without a pistol but it seems like a good idea too have another GP/med pouch coz that's what PJs do. ;)

For a real up to date kit, you'll want some Crye MC with MC gearz. Lotta good pics in the one link to mp.net.

Just don't forget the med supplies as thirteen/autumns has been stressing!

Edited by choffman10
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have some sort of basic kitlist for a PJ? I'm considering doing a really good PJ kit sometime in the future, but would like to see what it entails first.

I will throw up my personal "med" ruck on her later tonight for you. Basically what we use in the pipeline just minus the actual medications and big/expensive stuff I can't.... Borrow :D

By that logic, an STS clearing a room would mean that something is wrong too. I mean, they just sit back and call in boom booms and EVAC...

:rolleyes:

Right.

I totally disagree.

STS members "sit back and call in boom boom and medevac" only when they need to, except that, they do exactly the same job as the unit with wich they are attached (ODA, RGR Teams...), including cleaning room, conducts search operations for HVT.

LOL are you serious... What is that suppose to mean? Js are a perfectly fine means for clearing a room. We undergo the same weapons training as Navy Seals and Army Rangers. We are not normally the first ones in a stack but I would put any J up against any other trained personal in the military, we could easily hold our own.

I believe he is saying that PJ's are quite expensive to make. You could easily send in a regular grunt first, secure the room and let the PJ do his real job. I'm sure PJ's can clear rooms just fine, but if you look at the Jessica Lynch footy, you don't see the PJ's in the lead. Not because they can't, but because if they get shot who is going to do the high speed medical stuff? The boot Marine? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Two Questions about PJs-

What are the rappel harnesses called, who makes them and were can I get them?

What boots are they wearing?

Black Diamond is the usual harness that PJ units will issue, but it all depends on the unit and what that unit assigns. This is the one that we use at PJU. http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us...sses/alpine-bod

As far as the boots that they were wearing I really couldn't tell, but I know a lot of my instructors and operational Js were Asolo FSN 95. You really don't see many operational Js wearing combat boots, mostly hiking boots. Again it is up to the unit that they are assigned to and of course we can wear whatever we deem necessary. http://www.rei.com/product/667406?cm_mmc=c...r:referralID=NA

I see I didn't post this in here...

AF Museum has a AF SOF exhibit, so I had to take a look...

IMG_5547.jpg

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/k...os/AF%20Museum/

That is the former commandant of the PJ/CRO school at Kirtland AFB... Ramon Colon-Lopez. GREAT GUY!! Went to the 24th STS. Proves how great of a J he is!

Edited by thirteen/autumns
Yeah that exhibit is obviously credible....

Yeah cause they're going to put real M4's in a glass case for a dozen models... Would you like to pay for that? Please send a good sized donation to the AF museum.

Visit the exhibit yourself, look at the pictures and information, and THEN you can criticize. They're lucky enough to get that stuff donated to them and the fact that it's free admission as well.

Do PJ's use the standard MICH mount (1point) or is the 3point norotos/other one favored? I'm becoming more a geartard than I like to admit so its nice to know which choice is best suited :) .

Again it is all up to the unit that you are assigned too... But for the most part I have mostly seen 1 points used.

Again it is all up to the unit that you are assigned too... But for the most part I have mostly seen 1 points used.

1pt?? Are you sure? I've never seen it.

Mostly the USAF Norotos, 3pt with Norotos "straps assembly with clips", no hole drillin needed.

193198.jpg

But we can see more and more wilcox mounts (don't see many ANVIS self powered mount nowadays, too bad :( )

Yeah an MBSS, a fake airsoft peq, an airsoft/simmons red dot, OH, and some cheap china made tac-light....

Yeah that exhibit is obviously credible....

Yeah, but only a geardo would notice the difference. And that's like 2.5% of the people that go to that mueseum. The rest are either seniors or kids who know nothing about guns and the military besides what is learned from teh COD4z.

1pt?? Are you sure? I've never seen it.

Mostly the USAF Norotos, 3pt with Norotos "straps assembly with clips", no hole drillin needed.

193198.jpg

But we can see more and more wilcox mounts (don't see many ANVIS self powered mount nowadays, too bad :( )

It's all that I have seen in the instructors gear lockers and what we use for PJU.