• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool kit, just doesn't look like a PJ too me, looks like just some random gear thrown together to look SFish.

PJ's from STS, who are rattached to SOF units like SEAL Teams or DEVGRU or some ODA, don't looks like "regulars" PJ's from RQS.

sts.jpgsts1.jpg

Operator from the right looks like PJ's nowadays, but the pic was taken in 2007. First time we can see a PJ with LBT-6094 and BT uniform, it was really unusual and we never see this kind of set-up on a PJ again since early 2009.

And HK416 B)

Edited by matfar
Ok, well to me it isn't an "almost perfect" PJ kit. Are people not allowed to have their own opinion here? Sorry I'm not on LS's nuts like everyone else <_<

Are you not filling well? You didn't go to the toilet today, right? :huh:

What's the problem? I just ask why don't you find this setup is even near an STS PJ "at all"? We're all here to learn some stuff, and to share the same passion, so why don't you explain your point of view, even if it's a negative one? :mellow:

Ok lets first look at the title of the loadout. It states “WIP” this meaning work in progress. The kit is not yet done so perhaps instead of just slamming his loadout you could offer suggestions.

First let us look at what LS has done right. Well his jacket is appropriate for a more winter loadout. His khaki pants with the fleece jacket seem more along the lines of a 2003 winter loadout. The helmet is the CAG ProTec he bought a few months ago. This is still a good fit for a PJ helmet. IT is a ProTec, often used by J’s for bump protection. The helmet has ANVIS mount and battery box and goggles to keep dust kicked up by the chopper out of his eyes. The ANVIS are used by PJs on night ops this combined with the back-of-the-head SORDINS give some “bling points” to the kit. The rappelling harness is one of those thins you just have to have with a PJ kit and he has one of those as well.

LS is wearing a STOMP II [as far as I can see] that along with the medical pouches on his vest clearly suggest a medical role. His ammunition load is relatively light carrying only seven magazines for his primary weapon and three rounds for his 203 and pistol. He carries his MBITR on the front of his vest so the controls can be changed from say a Ground-to-Ground to a Ground-to-Air frequency.

Overall I think this was a good loadout but perhaps a bad choice of photography. If you look in his Photobucket you will find photos in fully lit conditions.

-Ryan

Ok lets first look at the title of the loadout. It states "WIP" this meaning work in progress. The kit is not yet done so perhaps instead of just slamming his loadout you could offer suggestions.

First let us look at what LS has done right. Well his jacket is appropriate for a more winter loadout. His khaki pants with the fleece jacket seem more along the lines of a 2003 winter loadout. The helmet is the CAG ProTec he bought a few months ago. This is still a good fit for a PJ helmet. IT is a ProTec, often used by J's for bump protection. The helmet has ANVIS mount and battery box and goggles to keep dust kicked up by the chopper out of his eyes. The ANVIS are used by PJs on night ops this combined with the back-of-the-head SORDINS give some "bling points" to the kit. The rappelling harness is one of those thins you just have to have with a PJ kit and he has one of those as well.

LS is wearing a STOMP II [as far as I can see] that along with the medical pouches on his vest clearly suggest a medical role. His ammunition load is relatively light carrying only seven magazines for his primary weapon and three rounds for his 203 and pistol. He carries his MBITR on the front of his vest so the controls can be changed from say a Ground-to-Ground to a Ground-to-Air frequency.

Overall I think this was a good loadout but perhaps a bad choice of photography. If you look in his Photobucket you will find photos in fully lit conditions.

-Ryan

1.) The GP pouches could be other than medical so that is a non point.

2.) His ammo load is on no way light your just in airsoft mode and don't have a damn clue what real mags an ammo weigh. 7 mags is actually a standard war fighter load. Some guys will carry more or less depending on the mission but if your gonna carry alot of extra medical stuff 7 mags is still ALOT. If he wanted to portray a "light" load something like 3 mags on his person and one in his rifle would be more likely. And I am sure there are pics of PJ's with 40mm but I would loose the 203 for sure it is just more weight you don't need.

3.) "bling points" really? Like Fatal said...off the nuts.

I have already said this before it is not a bad kit and does look good..but you guys (not everyone but alot) don't actually know anything about SF or infantry for that matter and run off of assumptions and photographs and beleive your subject matter experts. And really are L/S cheer leaders and get on those nuts when ever possible. I would take Thirteen Autumns take on this as gospel over anyone though seeing as he is J in training and in the know. Im not trying to start a fight and I can to some small degree see where Mattfar is coming from but it still more than anything looks like a generic looking kit and still needs something to scream hey look at me I am a PJ (STS or otherwise).

@ - matfar

I am actually full I just at a delicious sandwich, and then dropped a duce too. But thanks for your concern, I even farted in the jar and would be glad to mail it to you.

The problem is you are trying to tell me how to think, I gave my opinion, you don't like, well too bad. I am not here to please you, I am here to look at cute pictures and comment if I feel like. I don't know why you are so concerned with someone else's kit and my comments. If he (LS) wants my input then he can ask, I'm sure he looks over enough pictures to finish his WIP. I can see you are very attached to his nuts with how much you are defending him from my very vague comments.

I see you are so into this kit, here is my opinion matfar. The two pictures you posted look like your typical buddy pictures. Which leads me to believe that not much was going on, gear was dropped and guys were probably hanging out. You can barely see their kit, he has 1 pouch that is a "medical" pouch. I had a medical pouch in the Marines, does that make me a Corpsman? I think he needs more medical supplies or equipment on his kit to give it a PJ look, now can you be happy?

@ - zarda999

How did I slam his loadout? I said it didn't look PJ to me, is that a slam? The guy has a zodiac, he can come up with his own kit, he doesn't need my help. In fact he didn't ask for any suggestions. Ok lets look at his kit to make you happy too, looks like a SPEAR fleece, which I was issued, khaki pants ok so far not to PJ to me. CAG Helmet, ok? It's a helmet I don't judge a kit off a helmet, but I would say if he is doing any DA stuff a MICH would be a smarter decision, next! Did I say anything about his anvis® nope I didn't I understand they use them. Thanks for letting me know what goggles are used for seeing as I've actually ridden in Mil helo's in Iraq. What are "bling points" are they issued? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a PRL on those two pics matfar posted, does that not make them PJ's? I carried 6 mags on every patrol I've ever been on. He has a big GP pouch, that doesn't really say PJ to me. Thanks for letting me know how to use a radio, seeing as I was in charge of the dedicated comms vehicle in my platoon. I'm not gonna going to look at his photobucket because I don't care enough to.

To sum it up for you, looks like he took random gear put it on and said "I'm a PJ"

Please get off his nuts and let me give my tiny opinions.

WHOA such tension in the thread! Like NAVYMP28 said most of the people in this forum have no clue what they are talking about and basically go off pictures online and what they have heard.

For one STS and RS carry the same gear. If you were to go "over the pond" and look at a J from a STS and a RS you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Just for PJU we have so much gear and so many different choices it's insane. Depending on what the FTX is or whether it's a water entry, ground, HALO, HELO... You should see the choices. There is no standard of gear for Js right now. Each unit is different and each unit has their own choices of gear... Along with what you bring to the table personally.

I was going to start a new thread for you guys with the gear that I carry for training and what I see my Cadre wear. I am here for questions everytime I am just usually really busy.

The helmet is the CAG ProTec he bought a few months ago. This is still a good fit for a PJ helmet. IT is a ProTec, often used by J's for bump protection.

Fatal is right, he needs a ballistic helmet.

And I am sure there are pics of PJ's with 40mm but I would loose the 203 for sure it is just more weight you don't need.

Tons of pics, actually.

M203 are used to fire flares and smokes grenades.

@ - matfar

I am actually full I just at a delicious sandwich, and then dropped a duce too. But thanks for your concern, I even farted in the jar and would be glad to mail it to you.

The problem is you are trying to tell me how to think, I gave my opinion, you don't like, well too bad. I am not here to please you, I am here to look at cute pictures and comment if I feel like. I don't know why you are so concerned with someone else's kit and my comments. If he (LS) wants my input then he can ask, I'm sure he looks over enough pictures to finish his WIP. I can see you are very attached to his nuts with how much you are defending him from my very vague comments.

I see you are so into this kit, here is my opinion matfar. The two pictures you posted look like your typical buddy pictures. Which leads me to believe that not much was going on, gear was dropped and guys were probably hanging out. You can barely see their kit, he has 1 pouch that is a "medical" pouch. I had a medical pouch in the Marines, does that make me a Corpsman? I think he needs more medical supplies or equipment on his kit to give it a PJ look, now can you be happy?

Happy to hear you're okay ;)

But you're wrong, I don't try to tell you how to think, just wanted to know you're opinion, complete opinion, like you explain here, to understand why you don't like the setup, that's all.

And you know why? Just 'cause it's stil pretty interesting to hear it commin' from an active duty Soldier, PJ or not...

But sorry for the confusion.

And stop talking about nuts and all, it's ridiculous.

About medical supplies, I've seen (yeah on pic, sorry, I'm just a simple French civilian, don't have many occasion to see and talk to real PJ's hanging out in A'stan) some PJ's without any medical stuff on them, all were staying in HH-60 or trucks. (I don't say that it's every time like this, I know that).

For the pics two pictures I posted, what's different between that and pics during missions? Basically nothing except helmets and maybe some backpacks.

For one STS and RS carry the same gear. If you were to go "over the pond" and look at a J from a STS and a RS you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I agree with that, but in STS, PJ's and CCT are using a lot more unissued gear than in RQS.

Like on the pic I posted, at right, you can see a LBT-6094, that was, in 2007, unseen in any RQS.

I agree with that, but in STS, PJ's and CCT are using a lot more unissued gear than in RQS.

Like on the pic I posted, at right, you can see a LBT-6094, that was, in 2007, unseen in any RQS.

Dood don't try and argue your point and correct the man who is on the J pipeline it is just uncool and looks silly. You have a few pics...cool. He is in the school house and is going to be a J. No offense but your an airsofter from France. I think the baby J wins this hands down. That is one of my biggest pet peeves in this damn hobby. When a man who is actually doing the job you admire and want to do a kit from says something is not so kosher..don't argue your point because you want it to be kosher. Anyway more pics and back on topic we are gonna ###### the mods off soon and get this thread locked.

First : I'm not an airsofter, just a collector.

Second : For this part of the story about STS, I don't refer about pics, it was just an example here, but on some reading and live discussions with a ret STS member.

STS members were using "hispeed" gear in operations way before RQS members (by "hispeed", I mean different uniforms as Crye digi2 sets or multicam uniforms, LBT gear, and some other stuff that we don't see on SOF before recently).

Example : STS were using multicam since late 2007, and it is pretty new in RQS.

Some 24th STS members have taken their kits directly from DEVGRU operators who they work with.

It's just facts. With all the respect I have for thirteen/autumns, and he knows I have a lot for him, he corrects me on some points, and I don't ask more than learning about his stuff, but I'm 100% sure of what I say about that

And it was my conclusion, not goin to argue anymore on anything. Like you said, back on topic.

Yeah I mean don't worry about it guys... I am not saying I know everything because I certainly do not. I am still a student/trainee and have a good year left (God willing :D ) in the pipeline. All I can tell you is what I know, what I have done, and what I have seen so far in total of one year in this training.

Like I said before... When I get some time I am going to start a new thread. One with pictures glore and good information. I like this "sport" just as much as you guys and I want to give you all good information. In my opinion it's hard pressed to find someone in a career like this one that is willing to share some info. I am not saying I am God or anything but I have seen more then most... Hung out with SEAL trainees and Recon trainees at dive school, been with Rangers at Airborne and acouple OLD *albatross* Green Berets at HALO.

But lets get atleast one thing straight that has been driving me nuts when I read posts. THERE IS NO STANDARD FOR GEAR! LBTs, RAVs, 2002s, 2001s, Protec Aces, weapons, whatever etc. The only thing that is standard for Js is the medical gear we carry and out dedication to that downed/injured Soldier, Aailor, Airmen, Marine, or cilivan.

Oh and only STS Js are AFSOC... RQS Js fall under ACC. EOD and most TACP are not AFSOC either :D

Anyway who wants to listen to me all day and every post... I know I sure wouldn't. So if you have questions ask up by all means. Other I will start up that new thread SOON!

Sorry if it's already been discussed (I can't remember), but thirteen/autumns, from a actual J's perspective, would you or your fellwo J's be offended if airsofters wore the white on black IR "PJ" patches? I'm thinking of getting some for my kit, but don't want to offend.

Please don't let my question turn into a patches good or bad debate. We've had enough of those.

Oh man, whish i never had posted those pics...

I don't understand why there has to be 2 sides, the " LS fans" and the, "Sorry I'm not on LS's nuts like everyone else dry.gif"

Dude, i have nothing against you, why do you seem to be unpleased with me ? have i done somethin wrong ? just posted a pic of a loadout i have in progress, so i could get some suggestions and some help, as i am not an afsoc expert, an all i get is a world war 3...

I dont really want to continue with this argueing, i really whish i had never post the pj wip loadout here, so non of this had started.

Lets keep on topic, or mods will get mad.

Sorry if it's already been discussed (I can't remember), but thirteen/autumns, from a actual J's perspective, would you or your fellwo J's be offended if airsofters wore the white on black IR "PJ" patches? I'm thinking of getting some for my kit, but don't want to offend.

Please don't let my question turn into a patches good or bad debate. We've had enough of those.

Me personally I wouldn't care... I know of some guys that would. The whole "you haven't gone through what I have" thing, but I kind of think that is a bunch of BS. It's basically like wearing your favorite players jersey, you for sure haven't accomplished what he/she has done. I could care less, in my opinion it's kind of like looking up to someone, or a certain job. I would say go for it in my opinion.

Oh and by the way... Not a J yet, still a trainee, but thanks for the compliment!