............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Back on topic before you guys give me a headache.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Sex: They're just jealous dude :P

I think the kit looks sweet, but to me it doesn't scream PJ. I read what T/A said and understand that but I'd go with some type of MOLLE-less armor carrier and a chest harness. That is what I've seen from most pics of PJ's, so I'd go with something like that, just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Too much talk! And now to something completely different :P

My "Pararescue" TC-2001 helmet with:

- ANVIS-9 on AWS NVG helmet mount,

- bungee cord,

- Petzl Tactikka XP light,

- velcro,

- IR square

- NIKE pin... :lol:

Have fun,

PEA

:D

Hey hey hey, similar taste of head wear here. :D

post-11810-1260764314_thumb.jpg

Edited by Misfit
Don't quote pictures.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm doing PJ (pararescue) loadout/impression so I have few Q's:

1.Sidearm: Sig p226 - Yes/No?

2.Vest: Wesatch?

3.Rescue belt - must have?

4.Which knife, to use with this loadout, you suggest.

5.Vest in OD color (+ 3color desert uniform) - Yes/No? Or much better choise is coyote brown vest - must have?!?

Sorry for bad English

TNX :)

Edited by login
Hi,

5.Vest in OD color (+ 3color desert uniform) - Yes/No? Or much better choise is coyote brown vest - must have?!?

Sorry for bad English

1. Read the thread

2. Read the Thread

3. READ THE THREAD

4.READ THE THREAD!

5. READ THE DAMN THREAD!

Edited by reaper16

1. I am pretty sure it is the Beretta M9 But Airforce Aircrew's and Pilots do get SIG P228's

2. It could work from an open purchase angle but I am sure there are better rigs for this impression Tactical Tailor stuff is well liked.

3. If you want it to look more like you are a PJ I would say yeah it would be a good touch as well as a personal safety lanyard.

4. SOG Seal Pup is the knife I have seen. It is a comman issued knife in alot of the different units.

5. OD works fine but works better if you dust it with some krylon tan. Kryloned kit is pretty common with operators that may have become partial to a certain rig and don't want to A.) Buy more ######, B.) They really dig it and it for one reason or the other is no longer issued by there supply so they want to keep it. C.) They dig it and just wanaa run it still and it is not condusive to their current operational enviroment so they will hit it up with some krylon..I mean it's nothing some more green Krylon later won't fix right?

Hope this is a little more helpful. And looking through the thread if you have the time is pretty useful as well but it is alot of information and I san see where some of your questions are valid. I am not sure if knife's and the like have been addressed in the past.

Some Cool pics can be found here:

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheet....asp?fsID=13584

Not all PJ's but it does show some OD kit over Tri-color early in OEF mainly CCT's but alot of the kit cross pollinates so it is not too far out to use some of the same kit. Alot of doods on here will argue otherwise but they aren't in the military for one and for two have no clue how the supply system works. For a great example of that my unit had quite a bit of tier one stuff when we first stood up because alot of the kit that is in the stock system is as far as ground combat goes in the Navy is NSW stuff. So we got alot of the same kit. When we were in Iraq early on we had PEQ15's and the SEALS in country hadn't received theirs yet. They were checking ours out. It was just one of those weird things. Alot of it is budget and supply. And AFSOC has a Great budget...actually the Air Force as a whole does.

Tnx guys!! ;)

I've read few PJ threads and this one, and decide to go with this

My PJ loadout:

Mich2000 (+paintjob)

DCU 3color desert uniform

Serpa holster (+paintjob)

Wesatch vest (Coyote brown)

Pouches and other gear (CB mostly + few OD or Black)

Nomex glooves

Rescue belt+harness

TAN boots

Sog seal pup knife

PJ insignia

KSC Beretta 92

G&P M4 sopmod custum + eotech or ACOG (+ paintjob)

Edited by login
Hi,

Sorry for bad English

1. 228 (M11), M9, .45 are the three sidearms issued by the USAF. Majority used are M9s.

2. Vest... Pick one they will all work out the same. Js priority lie with the patient(s) so pick something with mobility. I use the Paraclete HPC in training. Although we are also supplied a Paraclete RAV and Tactical Trailor (might be spelling it wrong) RRV.

3. What do you mean by rescue belt?

4. A knife is a knife I couldn't even come close to answering this question. The only requirement that I can think of is 2 points of attachment for jump situations. I carry a Benchmade 145 and model 8 safety hook. I have never used my knife except the model 8 which I use everyday almost!

5. I have only used/seen coyote brown for the vests we use. I personally use the tan HPC and BDUs or ABUs. We are not allowed to use mulitcam/digicam/desert three-color because that is what cadre use. SUCKS!

CCT's normally carry M9, right? What about if they are working with Navy SEALs for long period of time would they then be given P226?

Look above at question 1. ;)

1. 228 (M11), M9, .45 are the three sidearms issued by the USAF. Majority used are M9s.

2. Vest... Pick one they will all work out the same. Js priority lie with the patient(s) so pick something with mobility. I use the Paraclete HPC in training. Although we are also supplied a Paraclete RAV and Tactical Trailor (might be spelling it wrong) RRV.

3. What do you mean by rescue belt?

4. A knife is a knife I couldn't even come close to answering this question. The only requirement that I can think of is 2 points of attachment for jump situations. I carry a Benchmade 145 and model 8 safety hook. I have never used my knife except the model 8 which I use everyday almost!

5. I have only used/seen coyote brown for the vests we use. I personally use the tan HPC and BDUs or ABUs. We are not allowed to use mulitcam/digicam/desert three-color because that is what cadre use. SUCKS!

3. Sorry.. Rescue belt + harness.. It's obviously "must have item" for this loadout.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1522/harnesslegloop1.jpg

Tnx for answers!

Edited by login
  • 2 weeks later...