As good as that looks have you played in it? I refuse to wear ABU's to work until the CSAF personally tells me too as they feel like a burlap sack.

Well the ABU is actually a misnomer. In reality it's the AFCOU. (Air Force Cold Office Uniform) :0

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey long time lurker..

im the medic of our milsim team and a few dudes said i should try some kind of PJ kit.

but before i start spending my money ive got a few questions if anyone could help me out.

are paraclete hard plate carriers still warn by PJs? and with or without a cummerbun?

what kind of nvg kit are they rocking ?

would it be ok to carry medical kit in a camelback HAWG ?

as its for milsim i wont need to carry real medical kit like a PJ but i would carry all my other bits i use on the field in there and dress it up to look like a medical bag. i would however carry a medical pouch on my vest for the 'milsim' medic role and some first aid stuff ( im only trained in first aid ) would that go down ok ?

how many mags do PJs carry ? i can only carry 6 for milsim ( 5 on me 1 in gun ) i cant see 5 mags fitting on a paraclete HPC are belt kits ok to use ?

last one... are MBITR radios still used ? and would it be carried on the vest or pack ?

sorry if there is some stupid question there. im new to all this impression stuff ! it seems really fun but i dont want to shell out for wrong kit.

:D

are paraclete hard plate carriers still warn by PJs? and with or without a cummerbun?

>PJ's are using a custom HPC from Paraclete, but HPC with Cummerbund is/was(?) issued, you can add a Tactical Tailor MAV on the HPC if you ditch the cummerbund.

HPC without cummerbund was seen in use but it was personnal dot.

>PVS-15s nowadays so Norotos 3 holes mount (with or without Norotos Strap assembly, both config is used) and Wilcox mounts, maybe there are still some ANVIS-9 in use, but I'm not so sure.

Nowadays PJ's from RQS are issueing the new Opscore BUMP helmet ballistic version (and not ballistic for non-combat missions and training), with the opscore VAS shroud and wilcox L4g24 breakaway mount. (VAS shroud+L4G24 mount=Wilcox L4G25 mount system)

last one... are MBITR radios still used ? and would it be carried on the vest or pack ?

>Harris PRC-154 (or 152? don't remember) more than PRC-148, I remember 148 been in used however, and carried on the vest

About mags, IIRC Thirteen/Autumn was saying 4+1 5.56 and 2+1 9mm.

Hope this help. ;)

Edited by matfar

hey long time lurker..

im the medic of our milsim team and a few dudes said i should try some kind of PJ kit.

but before i start spending my money ive got a few questions if anyone could help me out.

would it be ok to carry medical kit in a camelback HAWG ?

as its for milsim i wont need to carry real medical kit like a PJ but i would carry all my other bits i use on the field in there and dress it up to look like a medical bag. i would however carry a medical pouch on my vest for the 'milsim' medic role and some first aid stuff ( im only trained in first aid ) would that go down ok ?

how many mags do PJs carry ? i can only carry 6 for milsim ( 5 on me 1 in gun ) i cant see 5 mags fitting on a paraclete HPC are belt kits ok to use ?

sorry if there is some stupid question there. im new to all this impression stuff ! it seems really fun but i dont want to shell out for wrong kit.

:D

Paraclete plate carriers are still issued... HPCs and RAVs. Just recently Js are being issued BAE Eclipse.

I currently have AVS 14s for NVGs.

There is no way all the medical gear that an average J would carry would fit into a HAWG. But seeing as that you are not carrying medical gear does it really matter... ?

I have on my plate carrier a Paraclete individual SOF medic pouch that works awesome but of course it doesn't carry basic first aid. NPAs, 14g catheters, CATs, bandage scissors, Benchmade rescue hook, petrolatum gauze, chest seals, Hemcon (ChitoGazue), large/small israeli bandages, 4x4 gauze, ace wrap. I think that is it, don't have it with me. Wish I could fit a suction in there!

I use a 148 (MBITR) but they do have 152s (Harris) out

Magazines is operator preference... For training I use 6+1 but most of the instructors I have seen 3+1 or 4+1. Honestly in a real world situation I would go 4+1. Js don't need a lot of ammo that is why we have security teams watching our backs. Just heard from a CRO recently that AFSOC/ACC is starting to lean towards the SCAR. Which round I do not know.

About NVG, I agree PJ trainees are issuing 14s, but PJ's are using pvs15s.

CCTers have some SCAR-L (5.56) now.

Really... I will have to talk to some of friends that have graduated about NVGs, because we have 15s here for training and no one uses them. Flipping them up and down during a medical situation would blow big time LOL. Ever tried to stick someone with a catheter with NVGs on, no easy task unless they have "ropes." Never shot a SCAR though, kind of looking forward to it!