I've seen a recent picture of a TACP wearing the ABU underarmour top, I think that the top looks boss.

I really like the look of the ABU camo purely from a design perspective, I didn't know that they existed until last week.

It got me thinking about picking up a set of them if I can find that top.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ABU combat shirt? Fat *fruitcage* chance that is ok'd in garrison. I would have been on that like a fat kid on cake. I don't even know where to find them.

HA! Same here, I hate wearing my ABUs at work.

And to answer Hunk a bit, yes they are combat approved, sadly even the normal ABU is as well. And I have seen them on sale on US CAV for like 200 or so bucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't find it, but I remember reading a memo from August that says all Airmen, including AFSOC, are expected to be in ABU, except when attached to units from other branches. Don't quote me on that, though, cause I can't find it.

That said, I think ABU is a pretty nice looking pattern. I made mine slightly more comfortable. Can't wear them at work, but whatever.

ABURAID.jpg

As far as gear goes, I've usually seen Eagle Plate Carriers with Cummerbunds and Eagle Assault Plate Carriers used. Now that I'm finished with my Army Ranger kit, I'm going to start a CCT one using an EAPC in khaki.

Edited by Nasty_TheYankWelshOne

Dang dude, that actually looks.............GOOD! It actually looks like a "battle" uniform, send that pic to the uniform board and maybe they might get the new versions coming out to be cut like that. And actually I believe i remember readin abaout a bit in the ABU instructions that local command take precedence when it comes to modification, so if you get you commander to ok then, then you could wear it to work.

Dang dude, that actually looks.............GOOD! It actually looks like a "battle" uniform, send that pic to the uniform board and maybe they might get the new versions coming out to be cut like that. And actually I believe i remember readin abaout a bit in the ABU instructions that local command take precedence when it comes to modification, so if you get you commander to ok then, then you could wear it to work.

Thanks man.

I think the new Airman Battle System-Ground is supposed to be more similar the ACU, or at least a combat uniform. I'm pretty sure my squadron can wear this outside the wire, and several people did it during the deployment to Iraq (we're Security Forces). I might send it to the uniform board. Chances are nothing will come of it, but oh well. Since they're seeing that the ABU isn't the best combat uniform, hopefully they'll keep doing revisions until we have something to use in the Middle East that isn't winter weight.

Full CCT impression coming in a couple weeks, though wink.gif

Commanders can only make the regs more strict, not ok uniform modifications.

Dunno what to tell you, but we were authorized to modify our ABUs like that and wear them outside the wire ONLY. Of course, most of the guys weren't even wearing blouses, because we weren't allowed to get the FR ones...

Outside the witre is a fantasy land where normal rules are easily distorted.

Your comment confuses me. If you weren't wearing your blouses what were you wearing? What were you doing outside the wire that you weren't allowed to get the FR tops?

Outside the witre is a fantasy land where normal rules are easily distorted.

Your comment confuses me. If you weren't wearing your blouses what were you wearing? What were you doing outside the wire that you weren't allowed to get the FR tops?

Most of the guys were just wearing the desert tan undershirts with ABU trousers. The guys that were wearing blouses modified theirs. And you're right about outside the wire, hence why I said regular, un-modified ABU blouses were worn at other times. We're allowed to get the FR tops now, but last year we weren't authorized to yet. I think we got authorized to at the very tail end of the deployment.

Regardless, I only wear that blouse airsofting, and I just chucked it up here because I thought the work was pretty well done on it.

It certainly looks good dude, no arguement there. I have done the same with one of mine. The stuff you said about your deployment just threw me off since I didn't understand that you were saying you just skipped the blouses all together. I thought FR of some sorts was mandatory outside the wire.

It certainly looks good dude, no arguement there. I have done the same with one of mine. The stuff you said about your deployment just threw me off since I didn't understand that you were saying you just skipped the blouses all together. I thought FR of some sorts was mandatory outside the wire.

It is now, but for some reason (don't ask me, it's out of my pay grade), only EOD guys and a couple other jobs were given FR blouses.

Yes, it's idiotic, but so is issuing a winter weight uniform to troops in Iraq, so......yeah.

Next project; Making Crye-like ABU trousers biggrin.gif

Edited by Nasty_TheYankWelshOne

Eizen... Some of that gear looks familiar! Looking good. Three questions though...

What do you keep in those four pouches near the top of your plate carrier? The one with the IR flag on it

What is the black electrical tape for?

And what is that white thing in front of your magazine?

Sorry if they seem stupid, I was just wondering!

Eizen:

Looks really good. Not a fan of the army of pistol mag pouches you're carrying, but each to his own.

thirteen/autumns:

They are pistol pouches, and all seem to carry pistol mags or an arseload of multitools, the white thing in front of his rifle mags looks like a chemlight sticking out of the pistol pouch, and electrical tape is just nice to have.

Pararescue impression, like 2008-2009 @Afganistan

http://www.visualintel.net/USAF/People/Pararescue-PJ/7149569_4JVSF#458731240_rXhAy

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?1365-Some-new-Pararescue-photos

Also Michael Yon's "Pedros" - great source

Due to lack of blackhawks we're just patrolling around. The pics with "patient" are highly unrealistic, but we just wanted to show off the medical gear. We have zero education on medical gear, so we wanted to keep that in limit.

All pics high resolution here http://www.flickr.com/photos/27321553@N07/sets/72157624496958381/with/5067081063/

5067661832_49824a00fe_z.jpg

5067665870_9f41c59726_z.jpg

5067057015_0e713b4ddf_z.jpg

5067670052_1cbd828c90_z.jpg

5067676292_752f2835b1_z.jpg

5067061985_a51944c25b_z.jpg

5067682500_f06a04e715_z.jpg

5067075023_7ef055a4e6_z.jpg

5067079677_db75707783_z.jpg

5067694934_41ec61c3c1_z.jpg

©Samppa Kujansuu

Kitlists

Eizen

AFSOC PC

- ATS double shingle

- Paraclete small utility

- Paraclete triple shingle w/9mm.

- Paraclete pistol quad

- Mayflower MBITR

- TT utility

Duty belt w/safety lanyard

Blackhawk 60MP00DE

TC-2001 w/MS2000 *

Comtac 2*

Merrel MOAB Mid GTX

Mechanix gloves

Arc'tyrex kneecaps

3-col

stuff

kalamies

LBT 6094A

- TT Triple Shingle MC

- TT Triple Mag Pouch MC

- TT Small Utility Pouch

- 2x EI 9mm

TT First Responder Bag

TT E&E Pouch

LBT 1562A

Gentex ACH 2000 & MS-2000M

Oakley SI gloves

Merrell Moab Mid GTX

ESS LandOps

Alta Superflex

3-col

Comtac2*

Stuff..

Also your questions:

In the quad pistol pouches I have a multitool, flashlight and pens, one pouch is empty. The triple shingle will have 2 M9 mags in future, _if_ I decide to purchase one (I love my G19). Electrical tape is indeed a "nice-to-have" -item. If I am not using it, someone wants to borrow it. White things are indeed chemlights.

Gloves are generic Mechanix M-pact ones.

Pkekyo-Nor: That's how I roll. I'm not a fan of admin pouches. With quad it's much more simple to find what you are looking for.

Also, pics in Multicam in future!

Eizen... I like the pictures. Sorry I have not been on here in awhile, I actually got into some trouble for posting pictures on here so yeah :/ If you ever need some information on medical protocols or anything let me know. I can tell because your partner is putting on a c-collar with no litter in sight LOL. I like the impressions none the less!

Oh yeah and NEVER lose control of your weapon! You partner put it on the ground :blink:, keep it slung! Just some helpful hints ;)

Edited by thirteen/autumns