• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm looking at making a PJ kit based on a 6094 slick and a 1961A-R, both in Multicam. Would that be a good base set up? I'm not finding much on them using those kits, but I know that they are being used.

Like this? I believe they are PJs but I could be wrong.

091223-F-8308W-002.jpg

There were a few CCTs or PJs or some USAFSOC guys at Ellington Field showing off "new" kit that consisted of the 6094a,1961/6094 slick combo, and some CPCs and JPCs. It seems that there is a lot of continuity in kit between SOCOM units at the moment.

Edited by frogfish

Yeah, that's one picture, I'm just wondering if there are more.

It seems like a combo PJs would use, since they're arguably some of the most HSLD guys in the US military. I'm replacing my khaki 1961AR with a MC one, and my SL LVAC with a MC 6094 slick, to update my SEAL kit, and I was hoping it would work for a PJ kit too :D

It should, the kits appear to be very similar, and I think the nitty gritty of it is what will separate the two, things like type of watch, shoes, helmet (as the 2001 is still more common with some of the Teams), and commo layout. However to be honest I've never seriously invested into researching AFSOC kits, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Edited by frogfish

My WIP CCT rig, still waiting on a few bits but nearly there..

p1000761w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1000762v.jpg

p1000763a.jpg

p1000764z.jpg

Im torn between setting it up for a Scar L or H,

This is the overall look im basing my kit off, but theres more indepth/detailed pics of the ScarH.

airforcespecopsscar.jpg

Yeah I realise they aren't used anymore, but there are a few pics floating around, I'm torn because I have both, I'm leaning more towards the H though...

Z-tactical MBITR's and mast kits , the mast kits were $8 each I think when you buy 3 from jkarmy, they come with a whip antenna , cable and Molle tidys/brackets. The original antennas obviously fit, as shown. Pretty good quality IMO .

Well it's all dummy, the MBITRs needed a bit of attention to fit the inbuilt pouches, but I was dremmeling them out anyway to fit my xtn446's, I'm waiting on another u94 ptt, and a cheap pair of peltors, which I'm going to mod to look like dual comms.

For actual gaming, I'll use my real sordins, and a hand mic for actual dual comms.

Other bits to add are a TT upright utility in place of the chemlight/knife area , it's been suggested that I remove the strobe pouch on the back, and if I run my scarH then obviously change the TT shingle for 7.62 flavour.

All in all it's been a cheap vest to fit out, the vest is FLYYE (which I got second hand) comms stuff was about $65 shipped, aor1 pouches are TMC. the other pouches were all bought from various forums second hand, so I'm quite pleased, I'm no stranger to high end kit but knock off kit doesn't phase me as long as some quality is there .

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have the full loadout done, and pictures up :).

I've only ever done a USMC grunt loadout, but new CQBR project has me itching to do an SF impression.

Where are you guys getting your 6094A Slicks? I'm interested in a multicam one. Are there multicam 330D, or only 500D?

Thanks

Pretty good, I made the rough wood shell that I posted in my thread, and I'm planning on making another crack at it over the summer when I have more time, this time out of better material. And I'm going to try and texture is, get all the right knobs and doohickies to make it look right.

Question, does your Flyye 6094 fit Medium SAPI plates?

LBT's Multicam 6094As are 500D, while the Slicks are 330D. At least the one I ordered for my friend a couple weeks ago was 330D.

Jimmypie, that's some hot kit. I might have to copy you ;)

So, you're saying, their website is a lie? You ordered directly from LBT?

Edited by slu