• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PJ's FTW

P4.jpg

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P6.jpg

P7.jpg

Not sure about this one, he does have a Seal badge, but the site was saying they use the same gear :)

P8.jpg

P5.gif

P3.jpg

PJ's are as cool as any other Spec Ops group but relatively unheard of in comparison to Seals.

Enjoy.

It's worth noting that pararescue.com has a pretty good gallery and video section. If you look closely you can can see modern-ish PJ pics (i.e. post ALICE gear) in US Woodland, with tan / cb gear.. mostly from training excercises. This is good news for people like me who are too poor to buy two lots of gear. Now I can more or less get away with one tan setup to go over tri-col and woodland camo :D

It's also worth browsing the photo section of the RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall websites as there are a few lesser-seen PJ pics hiding in there (the 56th RQS and 321st STS are based there, respectively)

Edited by Siygess
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my first pass at a lightweight PJ loadout on a budget, to be used with WC and DCU. I've got some desert boots and a BHI PRL on the way, so I just need to get a few carabiners, the harness (most likely one of the Black Diamond models) and a medical backpack of some sort.. maybe the Pantac copy of the Eagle backpack, or perhaps I'll just get the old Warrior 3 Day pack. I'll probably loose the Pantac blast belt at that point, because I imagine it will get in the way of the harness.

After that, I can go through and replace the shiny Pantac pouches (and put them back on the CIRAS!) and add a few more touches like some rescue shears.. oh, and invest in some ESS Turbofan goggles so I can actually skirmish in this without being blinded by the fog!

Sorry for the picture quality - hard as it is to believe, this is the best of the pictures I took this morning!

pj.jpg

gear2.jpg

Edited by Siygess

The below is my personal experience with the stock and front end, I have no idea why the Navy chose those particular items for the EOD guys. But it is what they are issued (aswell a fair few other combinations)

The M93 stock is rock solid, I honestly feels like it's a solid stock. And it's adjustable to shorter than a crane style stock and longer aswell, with more stops inbetween.

The CASV is fairly lightweight and modular, so you can take off extra rails. How useful that is, i'm not really sure.

Siygess that loadout is looking really good

Thanks - personally, I think it looks a little.. underwhelming. Maybe it will look better once I've got a backpack and harness, but I'm contemplating selling the Pantac CIRAS and getting a small plate carrier (probably the DBT FAPC, as a stand in for the Paraclete HPC). Sometimes you do see PJ's with just a PACA and the Eagle Air Rescue Vest but most of the time they have a plate carrier of some sort.

Hey siygess what headset is that?

It's the Peltor 6s - these things are really cheap now (you can pick then up for about $60). They are just electronic hearing protection though, which is why I have the earpiece / mic from my Bowman copy underneath. It's a comfortable fit, but it does affect your hearing somewhat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would say the M4 is a give away, i know id chose a G36 over an M4 :P but as to what he actually is i do not know. great pictures here, im hoping to do a PJ inspired look soon. does anyone have any pics of woodland PJ's wearing protecs? as ive got a protec ace water which is nearly pimped to how i want it (just needs some velcro) and im gonna be getting a OD jumpsuit for a USMC FR inspired loadout so any hints and tips as to what Molle gear would fit in would be great.