afea1.th.jpg

I finally figured out exactly where the guys are in the second posted pic, only pic posted in the quote here, with all of the pj's in front of the pavehawk. It's on the transient aircraft holding ramp on the north side of Balad AB, Iraq. right in front of HAS 25. The same HAS (hardened aircraft shelter) that I worked out of for 6 months at the beginning of last year with our F-16's. The HAS is the sand colored dome right behind the pavehawk. If I recall these guys were there the same time that I was when they came on base for R&R. There were a bunch of seals there as well. Very cool, nice guys. Showed up and then about an hour later they left. Never did tell us where they were going or what they have been up to.

Should be heading right back to that same spot here in a few months.

Edited by RUFUS
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I wonder if we can get Titleist or Havoc to post in this thread.. they have both got pretty nice PJ loadouts :)

It's interesting, though, to see such a wide variety of gear being used by AF SOF. Looking at vests / LBE used by the PJ's alone, you can see everything from ALICE gear and FLCs to RAVs and TT MAVs.. often in the same picture.

• 4 weeks later...

In all honesty mate i aint got a clue But its either some type of flash hider or its some kind of blank firing devise as if you look at the picks above it you can see some of the M4's used have Blue training barrels on them so it could be something to do with that....

I could how ever be completely wrong :)

*AL* aka Lofty