• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also got pics of them running what look a lot like Eagle G-Code holsters as well (as an aside I've seen pics of Army SF running the G-Code too, so it's got to be pretty good at its job).

Apparently, G-Codes are really nice. I want one for my real gat.

Guys, would you say thier is an even mix of real world operators using both 1 and 2 piece TT MAV's? Or does it lean one way?

I've seen plenty of pics with blue bolt M4 for sim, its training, so it's sim rounds.

You know this how? Please tell me you have done some military training.

The sim's I have used have all had blue bolts, blue barrels and clear mag's. Just because it's training doesn't mean it has to be sim rounds. I have never seen any sim rifle with a normal barrel, mags and painted. But I also have never used a 5.56 sim round. I mean the 9mm ones hurt enough. I do believe Wrench Bender in him saying it could be sim rounds because he actually does training.

So unless you actually have done something, please keep quiet, I don't want to hear some picture opinions.

I've also got pics of them running what look a lot like Eagle G-Code holsters as well (as an aside I've seen pics of Army SF running the G-Code too, so it's got to be pretty good at its job).

Apparently, G-Codes are really nice. I want one for my real gat.

Guys, would you say thier is an even mix of real world operators using both 1 and 2 piece TT MAV's? Or does it lean one way?

I heard some good thing about G-Code too, but seen it only on SFG, I never noticed one on AF SF :unsure:

Can you post the pic you talk about AtomicAaardvark?

1 and 2 pieces MAV are used, I think nowadays the 2 is more used, but the 1 is always seen.

Edited by matfar

I've done training with sim rounds, ones that shoot the blue paint bbs. To convert our standard m16s & m4s all we did was exchange the bolt with a very bright silver bolt and loaded the simunition rounds into standard mags. The simunition rounds looked like something out of underworld or similar werewolf hunter movie.

The guy in the back is definatly a CCT. He's rocking a Paraclete carrier (maybe AWS), 10.5" Rifle, and the civie version of those one knee pads (Arcy.......somthing). Based on the nature of these items and Rangers strict SOP, I'm 100% sure this guy is CCT.

EDIT: Also, CCT's have worked with Rangers on numerous occasions.

Many rangers SF or other guys work with 10,5 barrel

You know this how? Please tell me you have done some military training.

The sim's I have used have all had blue bolts, blue barrels and clear mag's. Just because it's training doesn't mean it has to be sim rounds. I have never seen any sim rifle with a normal barrel, mags and painted. But I also have never used a 5.56 sim round. I mean the 9mm ones hurt enough. I do believe Wrench Bender in him saying it could be sim rounds because he actually does training.

So unless you actually have done something, please keep quiet, I don't want to hear some picture opinions.

We are using 5.56 sim rounds almost exclusively here. We don't run blue barrels or bolts for them since we qualify on the same weapons as well. I do believe it is SOP though to have blue barrels and bolts if the weapon is ONLY used for training. *suitcase* the blue barrels might even be tape and just the bolt is actually blue.

I heard some good thing about G-Code too, but seen it only on SFG, I never noticed one on AF SF :unsure:

Can you post the pic you talk about AtomicAaardvark?

No probs, found these three (all taken at the same training exercise I think):

343.jpg

344.jpg

070713-F-8769P-042-1.jpg

Judging by the blue magpuls on some of the mags visible I'd hazard a guess and say that this is the same training exercise as the pic I previously posted which created all the debate over simunitions.

Okay, thanks, I know those pics and never noticed the g-code.... <_<

You'll never believe it but I was the same, after I mentioned the G-Code the other day I was taking a look through the PJ folder on my HD and suddenly started to spot them in use.

The first two pics are from the same exercice , but the third is not (Angel thunder '07) ;)

After I'd posted that bit I realised that there might be an odd one out. Internet cookie goes to matfar :D .

No probs, found these three (all taken at the same training exercise I think):

[pic]

[pic]

[pic]

Judging by the blue magpuls on some of the mags visible I'd hazard a guess and say that this is the same training exercise as the pic I previously posted which created all the debate over simunitions.

Tempted to do something like this, only time Ive worn my tri des was with a black BHI Omega vest....need khaki gear, or is it coyote brown really can never tell under different light :S lol

Tempted to do something like this, only time Ive worn my tri des was with a black BHI Omega vest....need khaki gear, or is it coyote brown really can never tell under different light :S lol

It's Paraclete Coyote Brown in the pics I posted, although PJs also use Eagle MJK and I've got pics of a coupe of PJs with what looks a lot like Blackhawk! Coyote Tan hydration pouches mounted on the rear of their Paraclete HPC.

:blink: You mean a "medic" version? Or really a PJ one?

Never seen a LBT rig on PJs, even LBT in general.

Except one 6094.

@zarda999 : reminds me STS on training more than PJ, but the 1961 seams a bit out of place.

Ain't this a LBT Split front Chest Rig (1879?) IDK, I'm bad with LBT rigs.

PJ19.jpg