@atomicaardvark

Those pictures are of aerial gunners... :huh: But otherwise still nice pictures of some of the gear that they would wear, they could be Js though because our mission statement says that we are aerial gunners on fixed and rotary wing aircraft!

Oh and by the way if you guys need any good pictures of Js I have tons of them! So just give me a specific and I can through some on here.

Edited by thirteen/autumns
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so anal-retentive about ranks? Not a SINGLE soldier I know has a problem with it. They actually encourage the fact that I keep my uniforms to the same regulations that they do, ESPECIALLY when they give me a set. Believe me, I have friends in the ANG, Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. If any of them had a problem with it, I'd stop wearing ranks on my uniforms. Until then, they're staying were they are.

Pure WIN, Sir !!!!

As for uniforms i wish they had ABU combat shirts.

:rolleyes:

Why so anal-retentive about ranks? Not a SINGLE soldier I know has a problem with it. They actually encourage the fact that I keep my uniforms to the same regulations that they do, ESPECIALLY when they give me a set. Believe me, I have friends in the ANG, Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force. If any of them had a problem with it, I'd stop wearing ranks on my uniforms. Until then, they're staying were they are.

I think it's just a matter of personal preference, it has very little to do with what actual servicemen feel. Maybe it really doesn't matter during an airsoft skirmish, I just don't feel wearing rank when you didn't put time into earning it is appropriate. Something like, you shouldn't falsely advertise degrees you don't have on resumes. Not wearing a rank also makes you feel less like a child for playing soldier.

That's just my opinion.

MBSS is not, but if you want something similar, you can take Blackhawk! plate carrier, some PJ's/CCT used to wear it.

Sorry MATFAR but you are incorrect. I have seen PJ trainees wearing that type of plate carrier along with instructors having them in their kit lockers. What you guys need to understand about different types of gear is that there is by NO MEANS ANY STANDARD. Under AFSOC and ACC PJ/CCT/SOFTACP/combat weathermen are allowed to wear any gear they deem necessary.

Different units have different gear... It's mostly up to the specific unit that you are assigned, of course AFSOC and ACC do specify certain items but when it comes to Js in specific it's pretty much up to the unit and operator.

Any questions holla!

Tag.. is that oldschool BHI?

-Ryan

That tag isnt old-school BHI, but certainly older BHI. I have a raptor pack from about 2001, and it has a similar label. Does it say "Made in Korea" on it?

That combat weatherman's MarCIRAS is oddly familiar... strange...

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird
Sorry MATFAR but you are incorrect. I have seen PJ trainees wearing that type of plate carrier along with instructors having them in their kit lockers. What you guys need to understand about different types of gear is that there is by NO MEANS ANY STANDARD. Under AFSOC and ACC PJ/CCT/SOFTACP/combat weathermen are allowed to wear any gear they deem necessary.

Different units have different gear... It's mostly up to the specific unit that you are assigned, of course AFSOC and ACC do specify certain items but when it comes to Js in specific it's pretty much up to the unit and operator.

Any questions holla!

Holly...!! i don´t remembered it, but i have somo photos of afsoc operators (maybe pj´s) wearing MBSS on MC.

Regards thirteen!

What you guys need to understand about different types of gear is that there is by NO MEANS ANY STANDARD. Under AFSOC and ACC PJ/CCT/SOFTACP/combat weathermen are allowed to wear any gear they deem necessary.

Any questions holla!

I totally agree with you on that part (even if Js (as you call them) turning to use more and more LBT-6094), we've seen so many different plate carriers or body armors or chest rig or wathever, that the list will be soooo long.

But not for the first part about BHI Plate Carrier, as we can see two of it in the last photoshoot of 64th ERQS in Iraq (with Crye AC sand uniforms) :

165435.jpg

I agree that is very rare (it's have been used by many CCT though, like BH! CRCH), but I just adviced Coolheart about something really similar as the MBSS, as he wished.

@Coolheart : You surely speak about CCT, like I've just said, they used (and surely still use) many BHI stuffs, the whole thing over multicam since 2006.

Edited by matfar
  • 2 weeks later...

PICT0004.jpg

Please excuse my bulge and if me wearing Pararescue patches offends you.

Tried to get some in game photos while I was wearing it but I was enjoying myself too much in game.

First aid kit is on left side of rig with EMT shears, markers & cascards.

I posted earlier that I was worried about a drop-leg holster interfering with the harness & that I was thinking of running a belt holster, well during the game I was wearing a 6004 and worked a dream.

Any suggestions?

Ditch the drop leg.

Have an headset (ComTac I, II, Liberator I, MRCS, Sordin Supreme 3+), that MICH NVG mount is not used a lot, more accurate to get Norotos 3 holes with straps and assembly kit, or ANVIS, or Wilcox for something more recent.

Is it an Eagle PC, or a BHI one? Cause I never seen EPC on a PJ.

Edited by matfar
PICT0004.jpg

Please excuse my bulge and if me wearing Pararescue patches offends you.

Tried to get some in game photos while I was wearing it but I was enjoying myself too much in game.

First aid kit is on left side of rig with EMT shears, markers & cascards.

I posted earlier that I was worried about a drop-leg holster interfering with the harness & that I was thinking of running a belt holster, well during the game I was wearing a 6004 and worked a dream.

Any suggestions?

Hey man not bad... As far as the patches they don't really offend me to much. Most Js wont wear a Pararescue flash in real time operations, the black PJ one though is what I see most of my cadre wearing.

Js bring ALOT more medical supplies into the field (rucksack) that a first aid kit could ever wish to carry. Kits like the one you probably have are more for first line supplies. That being stuff for airway/breathing like laryngoscope handle/blades, ET tube, and a 10 blade for "crics." Also bandages/cravats/occlusive dressing for immediate bleeding situations. Basically stuff that needs interventions right away before patient assessment/transport.

Almost all Js use a drop-leg holster for their pistol and it wont interfer with a repelling harness. Usually we don't have a lot of room on our vests for a pistol and it just gets in the way when it's used on our hip because of our constant low position and movement around the patient.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask... I am a Pararescue trainee currently at Kirtland AFB and am here to help any airsofters out. I have plenty of pictures also so if you need something I most likely have the CORRECT information.

Also I talked to acouple of fellow trainees and they don't really like the idea of people wearing the Pararescue flash that haven't earned it. It took a lot to get us here and the attrition rate of our school proves it and we haven't even graduated yet, also a lot of Js have given their lives "so others may live" and it means a lot to us. I would say as long as you respect the flash and what it stands for... It's cool with me!

Edited by thirteen/autumns
Ditch the drop leg.

Have an headset (ComTac I, II, Liberator I, MRCS, Sordin Supreme 3+), that MICH NVG mount is not used a lot, more accurate to get Norotos 3 holes with straps and assembly kit, or ANVIS, or Wilcox for something more recent.

Is it an Eagle PC, or a BHI one? Cause I never seen EPC on a PJ.

We do use drop leg platforms for some stuff but not too often. We try to stay mobile and drop-legs on both legs tends to get in the way. If it is a drop-leg platform it will almost always be for additional medical equipment for triage situations.

The com. gear that we use are MBITRs and as for the headset I am unsure at this time because I haven't gotten to use them yet.

Eagle PCs are used and quite often although at PJU we use Paraclete.

Again any questions or want pictures don't hesitate to ask!

Eagle PCs are used and quite often although at PJU we use Paraclete.

Do you have any pic of a PJ wearing Eagle PC?

For the headset, I've seen almost all of the existing headsets, but nowadays there is much more ComTac and Sordin stuffs, or maybe the new Socom-X headset, seen on JTAC too.

Edited by matfar
Do you have any pic of a PJ wearing Eagle PC?

I looked and I didn't find any that I can pick out... Most of my pictures are of training and what we use are Paraclete. I can not take pictures of my cadre because some are still active/reserve/guard, but I know that I have seen the Eagle name on some vests. I will see if I can snag acouple of pictures for you sometime this week!