• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I would just avoid ABUs in general for afsoc loadouts, unless you can score a set of ABS-G, mainly cause the utility of them is low compared to most MC uniforms.

Isn't the ABS-G just regular ABU trousers with the ABS? I've been searching (well...trying to figure out if I have a chance of being issued it wink.gif), and all I can find about it is that the ABS is added instead of the standard blouse.

But yeah, Kanian is right. All the AFSOC guys I've seen, even AFSOC's SF squadron, are running around in either Multicam or tri color DCU.

Far from it, it's actually a COMBAT uniform. Pockets are switched up on the pants, lighter and FR material. The shirt is combat shirt and it also uses a blouse type top over the combat shirt.

And you would only be issued it it your were to go outside the wire regularly, ex security forces and convoy guys.

However with the AF jumping on the MC banwagon the ABS-G in ABU might become non existent for a MC version.

Far from it, it's actually a COMBAT uniform. Pockets are switched up on the pants, lighter and FR material. The shirt is combat shirt and it also uses a blouse type top over the combat shirt.

And you would only be issued it it your were to go outside the wire regularly, ex security forces and convoy guys.

However with the AF jumping on the MC banwagon the ABS-G in ABU might become non existent for a MC version.

Which is me wink.gif. I guess I'll see if we get it next deployment, whenever that is.

Still, Crye Multicam would be the best bet, because that's what AF SOC currently uses most, next to DCU. Plus, you can use that uniform with other impressions, like Australian SASR and US Rangers, if need be.

Wanna wear the patch... Enlist in the USAF.... Get a guaranteed slot as 1T2X1... Make it through selection... Make it through training... Then you'll get the REAL patch

Ouch sorry man. I just meant the black patch with "PJ" in white. Not unit patches.

And ... if i could, I would. Too bad they don't accept Belgians huh?

Ouch sorry man. I just meant the black patch with "PJ" in white. Not unit patches.

Perhaps add to your wishlist: boots

Tactical slippers are nice but kind of dangerous on the field ;-)

Nice load out anyway :-)

I know what you meant... Unit patches are not Pararescue specific. They encompass the a lot of people including flight crews. The beret and the "PJ" patch are obviously Pararescue specific and mean a lot to us. We put in a lot of hard work and go through a ton of ###### to get there. I am not singling you out in any way! I just see a lot of people on here trying to be something they are not... SF, Rangers, CAG, etc. It just makes me wonder if they want to act them out... Why not just join and actually be the part? Trust me it's way better and a lot more fun! But that is just my opinion and really in the grand picture it means nothing! ;) I am sure Belgium has a sweet combat rescue unit/program!

I know what you meant... Unit patches are not Pararescue specific. They encompass the a lot of people including flight crews. The beret and the "PJ" patch are obviously Pararescue specific and mean a lot to us. We put in a lot of hard work and go through a ton of ###### to get there. I am not singling you out in any way! I just see a lot of people on here trying to be something they are not... SF, Rangers, CAG, etc. It just makes me wonder if they want to act them out... Why not just join and actually be the part? Trust me it's way better and a lot more fun! But that is just my opinion and really in the grand picture it means nothing! ;) I am sure Belgium has a sweet combat rescue unit/program!

I think doing a Pararescue impression without the IR black and white PJ patch is just wrong, even if I totally understand your position, it's just a big way to identify a PJ and it's worn by almost every PJ's on rescue missions and operations. It don't mean we're trying to be something we're not, just a big mark of respect for our heroes.

Some are like "Hey look I'm a Delta Special Forces operator!! LOL", but it's not the case of real reenactment. It's a way to support you guys.

And for foreign combat rescue programm, you will be surprised on how *suitcasey* the selections are made in France, personally I can't even try to attempt selections cause I have a too high school level...

What rig are you wearing??

Needs some gloves, rappeling harness, more med stuff, M Frames would top it off nicely as well...

Check for the gloves and harness. The harness is the reason why i'm not sure about the holster. I have the feeling it might interfere with leg holsters.

Kitlist:

- ACM Mich

- MS2000 strobe

- Petzl TakTikka XP

- Tru-Spec Multicam pants/shirt

- Warrior Assault Systems D.A.R. with: 1x admin panel, 2x medium utility pouches and 1 double pistolmag pouch

- PACA (Tan) ... (Duh)

- Warrior Assault Pack in OD

- Noname "found-on-the-attic" belt.

- Pantac Leg holster

- Damascus knee protection

- (not in picture) The North Face walking boots.

Yes indeed, there is. However no one ever specifically points to the most seen combinations. It seems as if everyone has there own ideas thrown about as to what they are wearing nowadays. I was simply posting up for anyone who would be willing to throw out what they see the most, and what they would recommend.

Albeit yes, there is a ton of info in this thread, it just seems that most of it is scattered about and hard to compile...

Yes indeed, there is. However no one ever specifically points to the most seen combinations. It seems as if everyone has there own ideas thrown about as to what they are wearing nowadays. I was simply posting up for anyone who would be willing to throw out what they see the most, and what they would recommend.

Albeit yes, there is a ton of info in this thread, it just seems that most of it is scattered about and hard to compile...

Well, thats the problem. If you look, its hard to find a time period where say one PJ or one Squadron is wearing the same kit in the same time throughout their community. If you look at threads like the Navy SEAL thread or the Army SOF thread, you can look at say a specific time (Lets say the Modern Ranger Thread and see dozens of photos of Rangers from the 2006 era in Iraq wearing RBSS's or go to 2007 and see a handful of pictures of Rangers wearing RRV's with Rear Panels and cummerbunds etc or now where they're all pretty much wearing EI MAV's and MC) and they pretty much stay consistent with their gear for the time frame your going for. Now you look at PJ's and they're wearing pretty much anything and everything you can think of. Out of all the photos that came out of this year, you can see each PJ or Squadron is different and have their own "style". Some are wearing the AFSOC Paraclete HPC, others are wearing the LBT-6094, while some are wearing PACA (styled) carriers with some form of chest rig. Easiest advice would be to find a picture YOU like and go from there with how you want your gear to be, after all its your load out. Your paying for it and your the one who's wearing it; kind of stupid to pay as much as you will for an "accurate" loadout if your not going to be comfortable in it. Plus, after all, we're not PJ's or SOF (With the exception of Thirteen Autumns whos in the pipeline) so no matter how hard we try, we'll never have a truly accurate "PJ Impression". But, Ive been wrong in the past so take this for what you want. Hope it helps.

Ok so guys, what would your recommendations be for a rig on a PJ kit? Im looking for the most PJ-esque rig there is. Any ideas?

How accurate are you looking for when it comes to what Js wear?

Are you in a helo?

On patrol with a blue team or tier 2 team?

You jumping at 20,000 ft?

You trying to impersonate a J from the 24 STS?

@ Gentner91 - Thanks for the comment but I have graduated now... Much appreciated! :D;)