• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear they use it to shoot the wires off of the bombs so they don't explode while they fast-rope onto the bomb site.

Dumbest *suitcase* I have ever read, ever.

Nasty, they use whatever they want, as do most in the AF with a combat mission. Being in the Chair force gives great flexibilty as no one that would care to enforce uniform standards has any clue what is going on anyways. I have seen everything from TAG, LBT, Eagle, and beyond used my AF EOD dudes.

Nasty, they use whatever they want, as do most in the AF with a combat mission. Being in the Chair force gives great flexibilty as no one that would care to enforce uniform standards has any clue what is going on anyways. I have seen everything from TAG, LBT, Eagle, and beyond used my AF EOD dudes.

This is not entirely the case, I think it should be "they use whatever they want within reason." Obviously they aren't going to be donning m46 web gear, but at the same time AFSOC has some of the most lax uniform and gear standards due to how often they work extremely close with, often as part of another unit outside AFSOC or even outside of US Forces. Just remember that often gear is approved for use, despite the fact it's not pictured commonly.

FrogFish, you are right, I was working under the assumption that Nasty has common sense as he is currently serving. Oddly enough, the only piece of gear I have ever been called out on was a gas mask pouch I had made up so that I could stow my mask with the voicemitter installed. People that didn't know there roll, didn't like the fact that it had a fatsex buckle.

I just always remember that some people don't have common sense, so saying something like that leads us down a bad path... you have to spell it out for some people....

I knew what you were saying but others aren't so bright.

Lol I've been amazed at how pissy people get over things like a buckle being the wrong brand even.....

Edited by frogfish

FrogFish, you are right, I was working under the assumption that Nasty has common sense as he is currently serving. Oddly enough, the only piece of gear I have ever been called out on was a gas mask pouch I had made up so that I could stow my mask with the voicemitter installed. People that didn't know there roll, didn't like the fact that it had a fatsex buckle.

I figured that EODs had more lack requirements regarding gear, moreso than Security Forces because they now fall under AFSOC. I'm hoping I can find pictures/videos of them using MBAVs or 6094s.

Yeah, unless the entire school house is in the dark about it, it hasn't happened. We do have a PAST like the other AFSOC career fields, and applied for BA status (however you word that process), but were turned down with a ruling that EOD is still a support career field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...