• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gigueand, I believe Naval EOD awarded Vltor the contract to outfit their rifles a few years back. Most likely because of the quick disconnect lower for 203 install and also the ease of installation on weapons. The system itself is very lightweight with the rails also being modular.

Last I heard from an Airforce dood is the only kit actually authorized with ABU's was Black gear. ACU kist has been worn with it in pics, and I have also seen in IRAQ some foliage green kit with ABU's mixed with ACU kit. If the USAF decides to have the PJ's and other units of the the type use the ABU for sure then it would not surprise me if they were to have either RANGER green, Foliage, green or smoke green kit with it. I have seen Coyote kit over ABU also and like ACU it looks good.

Q35: Will SOF forces be issued the ABU?

A35: The SOF were among the first to test the ABU. Absolutely, they will wear the

ABU. We are committed to continuous improvement with regard to the ABU. We plan

to continually upgrade the ABU as we learn more about its effectiveness – we’ll do this

in spirals. We will incorporate new fabrics and new technology as appropriate. SOF

forces will continue with their current ROE when deployed but are authorized to

purchase ABUs when available at their duty stations.

I guess that answers the do PJ's wear ABU's question.

Edited by navymp28

This is the beginning of an USAFSOC impression:

USAFSOC2.jpg

Still need to decide on what LBV / Chest rig I am going to run with this. Also still debating on getting some ACU knee pads. The helmet is an issued ACH which the USAFSOC are useing currently. I have been thinking of running a Multicam chest rig and possibly MC soft armor seeing as how the issue of Combat and Survival mentioned the use of MC kit by the USAFSOC. I need an M4 though.

right, got my OD flight suit today, also getting an M14 EBR soon... along with my protec im almost done with my PJ inspired look, just need one of those small plate carriers and a backpack :D although i think my protec is a bit lacking as its just mat black with a tri-point mount, any ideas on cheap and simple ways to spruce it up a tad?

yea ive got the X800's on my IBH and they work like a dream with that, i think im going to have to put a strap retainer on the protec because they seem to fall off with the tri-point mount on the front. its a shame that CIRAS vests dont look very good as a PJ vest because they're so bulky, but i think im going to order the Pantac copy of the Paraclete HPC which will look good :D and then i think the Pantac medic backpack copy will finish it off.