• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q97: Is the ABU gay and completely rediculous?

A97: Yes, but we don't give a flying *fruitcage* what the average airman thinks.

And that is why I won't be changing until they physically take my woodycams from me in Oct 2011.

Ya even though it's probably incorrect, since the phaseout date isn't till 2011 I'm sure AFST will be using DCU's until they have to switch

Hmm most of the recent PJ pics I've seen they've still been using DCU's, however other AF special tactics units and TAC-P's have been commonly wearing ACU's.

080325-F-5979H-103.jpg

Pope officials remember fallen Airman

Mourners pay their respects during the memorial ceremony for Tech. Sgt. William Jefferson March 26 at Hangar 4 at Pope Air Force Base, N.C. Sergeant Jefferson died in support of Operation Enduring Freedom March 22. Sergeant Jefferson was assigned to the 21st Special Tactics Squadron. (U.S. Air Force photo/2nd Lt. Chris Hoyler)

Edited by tommyknocker2121

Has anyone seen the Air Force's new LCE system?

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Battle-...ystem-C294.aspx

Going by the name, it's designed for USAF Security Forces, but will probably be issued to other units too.

I'm rather surprised that it's being issued in the ACU pattern though.

Edited by Pistol_Dude

The first "Rifleman kit" that I saw where made by LBT in CT, then later some EI ones showed up in CB, then in ACU and I guess BattleLab has been subcontracted by one of those two to fill the contract.

Its good kit, got to finger f**k a couple sets. The first version was essentially a copy of the EI H-Harness, but the newest one that I saw in person made by EI is more like a mix of a LBV and the H-Harness.

Good to see that the southern brothers are going to be getting some decent gear when they deploy and not having to use Vietnam dated stuff (true story)

reason why i think im going to go for the HPC rather than a RAV is most pics ive seen of PJ's they're using a HPC, plus its nice and small as i think the RAV are a similar size to CIRAS. well, not much longer now and i should hopefully have a picture of the basic kit (using a ciras) as im going to be skirmishing it the weekend after next.

080403-F-0672W-110.jpg

Air Force secretary discusses tankers, cyber operations

Staff Sgt. Justin Cremer nominates a target for a close-air-support mission during a demonstration conducted for Air Force Secretary Michael W. Wynne during his April 3 visit to Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., April 3. The target was derived using a machine-to-machine interface, which by automatically transferring coordinates into the cockpit, streamlines the kill chain. Sergeant Cremer is a a tactical air control party Airman. (U.S. Air Force photo/Mark Wyatt)

^^ I want that.

Somebody help me with a kit list for the guy in the second pic:

MICH 2000 with foliage straps, (?)ABU Helmet cover, Rhino NVG Mount, Tan ESS Goggles (? Profiles ?) (? Glasses ?)

IOTV (ACU)

3 Day Assault Pack (ACU)

OD Riggers Belt

Tan Pistol Holster of some kind, can only see the straps

Black Alta Kneepads

Tan Boots

Hi PJ,

pretty sure it's not an IOTV, but a regular ACU OTV, because the side plates sit in an extra pouch, and with the IOTV, i think they're integrated. also the molle loops are in FG and not in UCP, as they are on the IOTV.

the holster is very likely a BHI serpa, since the serpas have those leg bands with the stripes in them. the 3 day pack looks like it's ABU (whatever that camo is called, maybe something like TNWCAFV =totally not working camo, airforce version)

the helmet and goggles seem dead on

edit:

by they way, i thought the ABUs were only to be used by base personell, and not for combat operations?

Edited by Chevieblazer

Is it the newer version of the OTV then with the molle all over because it looks like it has molle on the very middle of the carrier where you put it on.

I'm pretty sure the pack isn't ABU, the AF isn't planning on making any gear in ABU (even though a lot of packs are labeled ABU and then just done in ACU pattern for some reason).

Nah by 2011 all USAF personnel are required to wear it, I just hope they'll bring out a more acu-like version for the desert.

PJ, even our helmet covers and IBA covers are being done in ACU, not ABU. I know that there are some commercial ABU helmet covers out there, but they are not authorized (of course, why would they be? That would just make sense.) We are also all issued Safariland 6005 holsters for our Berettas - but unfortunately, ours are black, not FDE.

yeah i knew all the IBA covers were ACU, but didnt know the commercial helmet covers were out of regs, like you said tho its just like the military to make sense ;)

good i thought it was the safarilands that were issued, and that sucks that it's black gear for now (tho most of the AF pics I've seen over in the sandbox have been ABU with ACU or coyote gear).

I defer to you, since you're actual AF lol.

But the pics I see seem to be slightly to significantly more, depending on the picture.

I dunno, could be my monitor is off...

It's an optical illusion meant to throw off terrorists.

"That doesn't look like ACU...does it have more or less tan??? I can't tell! Ahh!"

*BLAM*

;)

I know it's digital tigerstripe.

and it's also got more blue than ucp (likely called tree-blue or something like that to give the impression it actually has natural colors to it, just like foliage grey...ah my bad, foliage green :P )

But seriously, both seem to stick out pretty badly , so what's the difference if you wear ABUs with acu gewar or ABU gear?

i know, i evil :D