Cheap and cheerful/Anti-gucci

Jagdraben

Well, here it is, a thread for the budding geardo... or the geardo with a tight budget. If you post in here, be sure to cite prices of everything in the kitlist from the boots to the hat and the gear to the gun. The load-outs also have to compromise virtually nothing... they should be as authentic as possible.

A couple of C&C loadouts:

Rebel Militia:

-TM AK-47 (or the CYMA equivalent) - $250USD

-CA six-pack of AK mags (the price can be cut if you split it with another AK owner) - $75USD

-Type 56 Chicom chest rig - $15USD

-US Woodland (or chocchip dessie) BDUs and booney hat - varies

-Jungle boots - $20USD and up

-Wal*Mart generic biker gloves - $10USD

Cold weather Afghani Mujahadeen load-out (Northern Alliance, Taliban/Al-Qaeda, or Soviet-era):

-TM AK-47 - $250USD

-CA six-pack of AK mags - $75USD

-Type 56 Chicom chest rig - $15USD OR Type 82 Chicom chest rig - $25USD

-Cotton Salwar Kameez - $30USD

-Pakol - $10USD

-US M65 Field Jacket (Woodland) - $60USD

-Sneakers (ideally as simple and cheap as possible without being uncomfortable) - Dunno. Cheap?

Either load-out is good in and of itself, and can easily be built upon to create a more 'gucci' load-out, such as a special forces operator working behind enemy lines.

EDIT: Oops. MAG makes five packs of mags that are less than half as expensive as the CA packs. Of course, the CA packs are more accurate for a rebel load-out, rather than a Western-supported former-East bloc special operations unit or PMC, as the MAG ones would be.

I rule the cheapsoft world I think (apart from my gun).

FALINTIL (East Timorese freedom fighter)

CA M15a1/M15a2 (either is good)

'Sling' = satchel strap

DPM

'58 patt webbing...or no webbing at all (Most FALINTIL had one or 2 mags max).

Custom patches (other than the gun, the most expensive part)

Boonie

'fro wig.

I know Im the wrong skin colour/ethnicity but I can always be a European who joined the cause :) ).

I need to take pics, really.

Loadout going for:

Militant Naturist Army: clear Bolle goggles and err...your birthday suit

Elbow and knee pads optional ;)

All (hot) girls should be conscripted into the MNA :P

Think of all the money they'd save for shoes and handbags and girly stuff...

And the distraction effect would mean that drooling male opponents would be a walk-over :D

EDIT: Oops. MAG makes five packs of mags that are less than half as expensive as the CA packs. Of course, the CA packs are more accurate for a rebel load-out, rather than a Western-supported former-East bloc special operations unit or PMC, as the MAG ones would be.

Actually, the Box of 10 Star Mags are even cheaper, and are still accurate for a rebel loadout ;)

I'm quite taken by the late 1980s / early 1990s U.S. Army loadout.

Woodland BDUs

Y or H Suspenders

LC-1 Pistol Belt

ALICE Magazine pouches

ALICE Buttpack

M12 Bianchi Holster for the M9

ALICE pistol Magazine pouches

Bam! Nice looking loadout, fairly efficent and cheap (everything available at your local surplus store).

Gulf War, similar to 80's/90's but has some twists

Woodland/cookie camo BDUs

PASGT fragmentation vest with cookie camo cover

PASGT helmet with cookie camo cover

LC2's

-LC2 suspenders and belt

-Two-four magazine pouches for 30 rd armalite mags

-Butt/training pack

-First aid/compass pouch

-Two 1 liter plastic canteens with covers to fit on belt

-Gas mask with dropleg case (optional)

Jungle Boots

ALICE backpack with cookie cover

Optional Nomex OD gloves

Prices not listed because you can get these things for various prices on ebay, the cheapest should be around 100-150 USD.

My airsoft pikey load out(still am whan i feel like it)

LPEG M4w/ris for the hell of it cos it was free the ris that is not the gun that was £40 second hand from a mate :D

any bright t-shirt (the brighter the more'tactical') :P

brit dpm trousers

walking boots

1 m4 hicap and 1 lo cap(lives in pocket)

dpm boonie

p/ball mask

water canteen on belt

2 clicky loaders

small bag of bbs

:D it works and looks goodish :D

Id say od/khaki cotton shirt with Two breastpockets and shoulder flaps

Cheapest magpockets + rig avalable at your local milsurplus store

Some jeans or od/khaki pants

Hedgear of your choice,

Whatever boots you find in the basement

US waterbottle

ak, m16 or any gun made before 1970

Depending on styling that would cover most low budget armys and organized guerrilas from the seventys to the 90´s and alot more

meh. redneck loadout

tm m3 super 90 or shotgun of choice NOTE no accessores are permited on said shotguns. if its a shorty no slidy stocks etc. if its a full length one then we want to see it. a shell holder on the stock is acceptable

boots of your choice but cowboy prefered

ripped jeans and a redneck tshirt OR a set of dungarees

stetson hat

guardia shooting glassses with the mirrored 80s style lenses

a bandolier of shotgun shells either for show or use.

belt rig with a single dump pouch for bbs and dead shells

edit

picy of my redneck loadou as it stands.

http://www.airsoftsouthwest.co.uk/gallery/...K%20v%20Taliban

2nd row down 1st on the left and also 3rd from the left

OK, we've got some good things going here. But some people (and you probably don't know who you are, but you should) don't get the point of this thread.

This is not the 'I wore this to my first game' thread. This is not the 'cheapest, easiest to put together kit' thread. It is a thread dedicated to doing inexpensive, non-gucci load-outs and impressions. Specific impressions. There would be absolutely no point in doing a 'cheapest, quickest, easiest' airsoft load-out... because it would only take one post and it would be done. No point what-so-ever.

That is all, carry on.

I have some ALICE kit that gets it done. I need some things to make it a fully functional loadout, like a butt-pack. Plus some pouches for however many M14 mags I end up with. The lowest cost item I use though, is a wal-mart holster, that I spray-painted OD(I hate black gear). Not all of it is dirt cheap, since the local surplus store sucks, so I bought the belt, suspenders, and canteen covers(very nice ones) new. The BDUs were surplus in excelent condition for 40USD. I forget how much the boonie was, but I don't use it too much. The shemagh I ususaly use cost me 10, some footwear(not boots, I hate the lack of mobility) were under 30 IIRC.

I also have a camelback, which isn't by any means cheap, but I don't use that all the time. In fact, I won't use it in many local games once I've got the ALICE setup fully operational. It's a little more bulk than is required for normal games, but it's a godsend for anything longer than a couple hours.

Archived