Glock fire selector

Octopus

I recently acquired a KWA G23f, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the fire selector. It doesn't seem to want to work when the slide is forward. It will go from single or auto into safe, but not back from safe into anything. Curiously it only does this when the slide is forward. When the slide is back it works perfectly. I've never had an auto-Glock before (Which is why I got one), so I have no idea.

It seems to be OK for people on Youtube video's with blowback automatic Glocks.

Anyone got any clue??

I recently acquired a KWA G23f, but I'm having a bit of trouble with the fire selector. It doesn't seem to want to work when the slide is forward. It will go from single or auto into safe, but not back from safe into anything. Curiously it only does this when the slide is forward. When the slide is back it works perfectly. I've never had an auto-Glock before (Which is why I got one), so I have no idea.

It seems to be OK for people on Youtube video's with blowback automatic Glocks.

Anyone got any clue??

That is a design feature. You need to rack the slide some to change out of safe.

When these guns become a little more broken in, the selector moves more a bit more freely. Don't cut corners though, it doesn't take much effort to pull the slide back to move the selector switch. These fully auto Glocks tend to wear out a bit faster then the semi-only Glocks, and you dont want to unnecessarily contribute to the premature failure of the gun

If you push the selector in while moving it (only from auto to semi and the other way around) you should be able to move it without it getting stuck in the "safe position while the slide is closed.

Aha!! That seems to work. Ok. Thank you very much, guys. I'm glad there's nothing wrong with my new gun after all.

The 23F can switch from either fire positions to the other or to safe, but not safe to a fire selection (whilst the slide is forward) unlike the 18c, which I believe selects only whilst the slide is back.

-Sh0ty

Aha!! That seems to work. Ok. Thank you very much, guys. I'm glad there's nothing wrong with my new gun after all.

That sounds to me like you need to tighten the grub screw on the selector. It is below the rear sight on the left side of the gun. Use the include allen wrench and the slop will go away. That screw has a habit of working it's way loose.

Archived