19th Century Replica Revolvers

ZenMastaT

Well, I've recently discovered some of the ancient history of Samuel Colt's old company and have been struck with a tremendous desire to own a non-firing replica of the Model 1847 Walker Colt Revolver, second gun by the company and a replacement for the dainty Patterson design.

Was a gigantic gun firing the .44 Ball round with a 9in Barrel. Only 1,100 were ever made of which apparently less than 200 survive, and go for about $100,000 each or some such craziness. I'm in the US and apparently I could buy an Italian black powder replica for about $350 or so, but I don't need the thing to fire, and since I'm absolutely sure no airsoft company has made this I'm turning to you guys. I know lots of these old things have been made into metal replicas now and then and my search has turned up a couple less than full sized models but I want the real big sucker.

So if you know of a website that sells a full size metal replica of this piece of history, let me know, I'd love to hear of it.

(E-Mail: ZenMastat@gmail.com please)

Edit: Figured I ought to include a picture.

post-681-1109409948_thumb.jpg

Archived