Some Ground Rules

osovega

I would have posted this in the "Problems with sales online" section of the forums, as they cant delete those posts. The reason people stopped posting complaints in their section is Evike constantly deleted the threads to hide their poor customer service.

Its simple, just dont shop there. With the numerous problems they have failed to solve, and countless people having issues dealing with them, the best method to counter them is just to not hand over your money to them period. As well as to make sure others know of your poor experience. If people stopped supporting their sub-par service, it will either change...or they would go under.

just my two pence:

if everyone who has been affected by evike.com's poor trading standards puts something to the effect that "evike are really bad etc etc" and puts up a link for this thread, then they would lose out, because im sure a lot of forumites do not read this section..

just a thought..

Hmm, your (Grizz) situation sounds remarkably similar to mine. Evike.com shipped me a used gun which broke almost immediately. I returned it, only to have it shipped back broken. I then took the gun to a local shop in order to have them fix it. The shop opened the gun, and we discovered that Evike.com had sent me an out-of-date version of the gun. I had ordered the newest "2006" version of the gun with metal bushings, new version motor, etc, and what I had recieved was the old version. I told them this, threatened to go to the BBB, and posted my story all over the internet ("Do Not Buy from Evike.com - A Cautionary Tale") and they told me I could RMA the gun a second time. I returned the gun and they promised to upgrade the gun to metal bushings and a new motor. I got the gun back, it fired, but had none of the upgrades they promised. I sold the gun to someone on ASR.

I would report Evike.com to your credit card company. Maybe try to get a charge-back on your card. I would definitely go to CA's attourney general and the BBB. Those ideas are great, and I wish you the best of luck in sorting out your problem.

Spread the word, don't buy from Evike.com

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my first airsoft gun from evike. It was Echo1 m14, when i first fired it i knew it was a lemon and was still covered by the 30 day warrenty. Emailed up evike and they told me to ship it to them but i had to pay the shipping. Then i read up repair stories about evike i decided to just give it to a local guy who fixed airsoft guns. Cost me only 25 bucks. :D

The part that ###### me off was that it took evike three weeks to reply to my email while redwolf only took about 6 hours.

So from that point on i buy all my airsoft gear from redwolf their shipping cost may be high but at least their customer service is right on the dot.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been ordering from evike for over a year now, and they've had their ups and downs. Honestly I still like the company. For starters, they have by far some of the best prices out of any US retailer, not to mention they sell more than most of the other US retailers. On top of that they offer free shipping over $100, and great deals on AE BBs.

Most of my orders with them all is well, I make my order, and 4-7 days later I've got my order in my hands. I've made tiny orders and huge orders. They have made several mistakes with my orders, but in most cases are quick to fix them once I give them a phone call. They're a nice group of guys over there, with decent customer service, but their policies on how they handle mistakes on their part suck for the most part. Simple things like sending me the wrong magazine for my L96, then making me pay the shipping to send it back (and not to mention the extra waiting for the correct product, since they wont ship it until they receive the first mag they sent me), that was aggravating.

Other problems I've had - bought a VFC HK416, ordered the 14.5" version, received the 10", made a phone call and they told me they dont even stock the 14.5", yet they have (or had, not sure if its still there) the option to buy it at that length. i was told there's nothing they could do. Oh well.

Now this is the only problem I've had that really has stuck with me. I ordered a "G&P Matrix SD Frontset", you know, the one G&P sells with the free float RIS and the silencer that runs through it. They advertise it using G&P's photographs (with the trades photoshopped off), as well as putting G&P in the title, easily deceiving someone into thinking they are buying a G&P product. Instead I received a poor quality knockoff. Sure they put the word "matrix" in the title, but why is G&P there? And shouldn't they be using pictures of the product? Not G&P's own pictures of their product, photoshopped? Not only that, but I paid $120 for it, and they lowered the price to $80 before I even received the item, and it took 3 seperate phone calls to finally get a price adjustment.

I've noticed alot of borderline false advertising all over their website. For example now they sell "Crye Precision condor multicam" So which is it? Crye, or Condor? They need to put one brand per item, the actual brand of the item, on their site.

Anyways. They've had some big issues, orders that are backordered and I never get any notification until I finally make a phone call to check on it.

What will really be the deciding factor for me whether I ever order from them again is if the new version CA I just ordered is in fact the new version. It's coming in this Friday. However in their defense they did ship this order out very quickly for me. I ordered monday and its coming friday, I'm on the east coast they're over on the west.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Evike has good sales imo

This is the kind of thing that confuses me, and prevents me from purchasing from Evike. After reading almost every negative post of Evike, and seeing some positive ones here and there, I cannot wait any longer, to see something go out of stock that I want. I decided for many reasons not to order overseas, or from huge stores foreign to the US, just based on risk of seizures, and confiscations. Evike sells at some of the lowest prices I've seen, and this GBB rifle is no exception, as no one else sells for this cheap.

-I plan to walk in, and pay whatever sales tax need be, just so I can examine the gun before purchasing it. And after seeing that some boycott thread was taken down, it makes me think that its another thread I needed to read before I go there.

-Will I be able to insure some trust, based upon my observations there? Would it even make a difference, and can I see the gun before I purchase it?... because lets face it, they don't have the best record.

-I've been airsofting for years, but still question with much doubt to buy anything there, mostly because I don't want to get ripped off. This is a undoubtedly a toss-up, I mean really, who else has a WA M4 CQB R for $400?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know not to do business with a company when its website lists common production items as 'rare and extremely hard to get' ( http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=24980 ), as well as hiking the price to reflect it.

The only people who buy from Evike are people that don't know any better, which is why these threads should stay put.

Ben.

• 1 month later...

It's like an American version of Wolf Armouries.

Wolf have upped their game an awful lot lately; TM G17 was cheaper than Mike at ESC, and a G&P 2010 version XM177E1 was a very reasonable £249.99, including free of charge rear-wiring for a lipo in the buffer tube.

Wolf have basically realised their business was going down the ###### and have drastically improved to resolve this.

Evike are still useless turds.

Archived