KSC Glock 18C: Slide comes off

KWP

The standard plastic slide gets blown off the the frame and when it does so the magazine is completely emptied at once at the same time. That happens either at the first shot or after two or more shots in single fire modus. In full auto modus it would always come off at the first shot. The magazines are original and were not modified, the parts of the blowback unit (including all the internal parts inside the chamber) look okey, not broken and in the right position. Normal green gas is used.

To be mentioned is, that the it worked fine before and no modifcations or other gas was used.

The weather conditions (temperature) before this problem started were also the same.

I know remote problem solving isn't simple, but I would appreciate suggestions on what I could check and try out.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate all of your suggestions. Checked all parts, but all parts looks fine.

Maybe it helps to mention, that the slide doesn't come off easily anymore when I try to disassemble it.

Try to take out the blowback mech. from the slide.

Then add a piece of card or similar object, then screw the blowback mech back in.

This seats the mechanism lower...

If that doesn't work, try using a new slide (worked for me)

Kin

new slides ( plastic ) are pretty cheap , see if you can borrow someones slide/blowback unit (complete) to test your gun , also check the flat brass spring under the takedown catch make sure it is pushing the catch up.

is it blowing the slide off the front ( like when you strip it down) or off the rails at the back?

check that the takedown catch is in the right way round , the sloped edge should face the front (barrel end) of the gun, if it's in the other way round the slide can fly off and be harder to get back on. ( thank Pier's knackered G26 for discovering that one !)

Jim

If it's blowing off the back, then it's the barrel lugs being ground down, or the slide is warped. (mine did both of these) Solution? Metal, and if you do, go for a nice expensive one, aka not the KSC slide, those aren't very strong.

-Sh0ty

Wrong.  Terribly so.  There's several sets, many of which you can find on Den Trinity.

-Sh0ty

There might have been a couple sets, none of which you could find in stock anymore except the KSC one.

There are SD sets in stock for the Marui G18C, but nothing for the KSC/KWA G18C.

Archived