Upcoming clone releases: Airsoft News sub-forum

Released clones reviews and discussion: Readers Reviews sub-forum

We don't have a 'TM quality and above' sub forum, so we don't need a 'TM quality and below' one.

Thankyou. Seems obvious to me. Keep the rumours to the ungodly thread in General Discussion, and slap anyone who says "We've discussed that in the China airsoft thread".

:zorro:

Sorry, I still don't really see the point in a thread dedicated to a brand / brands of rifle. I could see the point of say an AEG and Gas subsection to technical help etc, but the general discussion section suggests that by nature discussion can be quite an eclectic range of topics. :)

I would say it would be because its becoming a scene within a scene kinda thing, where as apart from the old TM vs CA argument people are not buying up the guns in bulk like they are with the ACM products. People are taking ACM guns and using them for projects without spending a lot of money and getting guns that are up to or as close to TM/CA standard. But with that said i see your point too. :)

I can see both sides of it, while a seperate section for china made guns would be good....having so many specific sections for so many different things does defeat the point in having a general discussion area.

Tbh i think it would be best to just have threads like the old 'UTG MP5' thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Then surely the logical conclusion is that the clones thread has served it's purpose, and should be locked so discussion can take place as normal?

Anyone else agreeing with this? When that thread started, there were one or two decent clone guns coming out. Now, I think we need to acknowledge that there are too many guns to be covered by one thread. So could it be locked, and people encouraged to discuss guns in the relevant areas (News, General Discussion, Technical, etc)?

Anyone else agreeing with this? When that thread started, there were one or two decent clone guns coming out. Now, I think we need to acknowledge that there are too many guns to be covered by one thread. So could it be locked, and people encouraged to discuss guns in the relevant areas (News, General Discussion, Technical, etc)?

No.

If so you'd have to deal with 241149 threads popping up about each and every clone in the world whereas at the moment everything goes into the big thread - and if it's exceptionally interesting (a la the R85) it get's it's own thread.

No.

If so you'd have to deal with 241149 threads popping up about each and every clone in the world whereas at the moment everything goes into the big thread - and if it's exceptionally interesting (a la the R85) it get's it's own thread.

Doesn't that defeat the point of a forum? At the moment, if you want info on a TM, CA, whatever gun, you've got a good chance of turning it up in a search. If you want info on a clone, you have to wade through a 100+ page monstrosity.

As for multiple threads popping up, I presume you haven't noticed this happens anyway? What happens is the mods lock them. Pretty simple.

Personally I think ASCUK have it done right with the A.C.M sub-section in tech discussion. Interested in buying a chinese gun, you go there. Plenty of stickied threads about retailers, upgrade advice, M14 re-wiring etc etc, plus threads for discussion about the most 'famous' guns like the AGM M14 etc.

I mean Arnies carbon-copied the sales section from there, I don't see the problem with adding sections that people use day in day out to great effect.

Personally I think ASCUK have it done right with the A.C.M sub-section in tech discussion. Interested in buying a chinese gun, you go there. Plenty of stickied threads about retailers, upgrade advice, M14 re-wiring etc etc, plus threads for discussion about the most 'famous' guns like the AGM M14 etc.

I mean Arnies carbon-copied the sales section from there, I don't see the problem with adding sections that people use day in day out to great effect.

I hate to do this... but I agree.

As sledge said, we need to be able to search for info on clones guns without hacking our way through the jungle that in the rumour thread while controlling the affect clone discussion has on the rest of the forums.

Why have an area for clones only?

Because there are so friggin many of them the rest of the forums would be spammed.

Keep the rumours to the ungodly thread in General Discussion, and slap anyone who says "We've discussed that in the China airsoft thread".

I can't think of anyone that's said that. They probably deserve to be slapped if they did.

How about just locking that thread and starting a mark 2 thread.

I don't see much point in that yet, TBH. Maybe after 200 pages, but doing so now will only make it harder to navigate the threads.

As sledge said, we need to be able to search for info on clones guns without hacking our way through the jungle that in the rumour thread while controlling the affect clone discussion has on the rest of the forums.

Because there are so friggin many of them the rest of the forums would be spammed.

I've pretty much read every page since #20, and I haven't really seen anything that gives anything in depth about an ACM. Mostly, it's just tidbits of info about something that's coming out or has come out. I do get that it's really hard to find something should you need it, and unless you keep with the thread, there's a really good chance your going to be late knowing about something. However, anything big (F200, M249, L85 are some of the recent things) have their own news thread, discussion, or review thread.

Besides the occasional "Is this gun good" (which are nearly unavoidable, and not only clones are questioned in these sorts of threads) or very rare "are clones good" threads, there are very few ACM model specific threads, probably as many as any other brand. The CA249 thread is a good example.

IMO, if the CAD thread were to be deleted and a new section take it's place we would get 241149 threads about something new possibly coming out, something that has come out, a quick question on something, or a quick update on something. Yes, a solution to this would be to keep the thread and leave the topic, but honestly, a third of the topics in Newbie discussion are related to ACM guns (many of which were already asked in that section), and less than a quarter of threads in General are clone related. Do we really need to spread topics over 60 sections so that no one will be able to get a question answered because it takes so long to navigate the forum?

Personally, I view the CAD thread as a continuous news thread. Does anyone else think Sledge was replaced with a clone with modified behavior, or what?

Edited by ChrisNorthInGer
Do we really need to spread topics over 60 sections so that no one will be able to get a question answered because it takes so long to navigate the forum?

The time taken to click one link to get to a subsection pales in comparison to having to read tens of pages of one generic 'ACM' megathread.

Over at ASR they made an AEGII forum, for non high end guns, and IMO, it hasn't really helped considering the work involved in doing it for the mods.

All the stupid posts go in the main forum anyways because the new people don't bother with looking. And it just splits the info for those who try to find it. Plus it creates arguments over what X brand should be.

My 2 cents.