I think there should be a seperate forum for discussion of clones.

As it is there's a gigantic rumour thread that everything is thrown into, it's nigh on impossible to read back to any information you want because the thread is so huge.

I suggest a sub forum under general for the clones, that way when there's a new model out/on the horizon it can have it's own thread rather than being lost in pages of thwapping in the huge thread.

I think this would be a really good idea. Threads seem to pop up in newbie, general, news sub-forums and everything like that.

It would be nice to condense all the information into one sub-forum - it may be handy for the people starting airsoft who want to know a bit more about the different types of clones and stuff without having to trapse through loads of different forums to find their answers.

Even if it was put under the newdie discussion like the introduce yourself sub forum, that would help a lot I think.

Cheers,

Ant :)

since "Clones" are generally known for being lower quality or the finish not being as great, i think they SHOULD have their own forum area, and since G&P are better TM should have its own area, and i think Star suck so give them their own area. *

the word "Clone" gets banded around a little too much, the JLS Scar and JLS F2000 for instance. what exactly are they clones of? Well arent a brilliant manufacturer, but JG are? why should they be tared with the same brush? SRC have been producing cheap knock offs for years but have escaped the Clone branding because they arent new

Also CA started life by cloning Marui guns, they only recently started making their own. so should they get bundled into the Clones thread.

everyone copies everyone, its the way it always has been and always will be, the "Clones" are now coming out at a higher standard than TM guns (ie JG beta Spetz) and with more powerful gearboxes (JG G36C) and with reinforced gearboxes much batter than marui's (JG M733) so why shouldnt it be marui that have their own section? because they have good QC? once the hype over the fact we can get what we want at 1/4th of the price as two years ago fades, each gun will likley get its own thread when it comes out. but right now everyone is too damn exited to try and organise it lol

*note hint of sarcasm

Why? Surely the same conditions as for "proper" stuff applies: when it's released, some people will review it, and it'll get discussed.

:zorro:

I've seen a few people told to "search n00b!" because they've posted a thread about a clone model that's already been covered extensively in the clones thread.

I think it's unfair to expect people to post in that thread, where there posts are lost pretty quickly, or to have to trawl through it for information.

From an archiving standpoint it'd be far easier to get information out of seperate threads in a seperate forum.

China made might be a better definition for them with guns coming out in 'clone' form before any major manufacturers pick them up.

would it not also be better to have it all in one from an archiving view. you wanna know about G36's you look and see the G36's in one section, not go scouting around. i agree that the china airsoft development thread is a pain in the butt, and is 10% information, 90% Darklites Ego trip lol (no offence DL but you really should not tease us so) if every new upcoming gun got its own thread like CA and Marui guns do it would be easier. but making a seperate branch of the "Clones" is in a way telling people they are *beep* and dont belong with the big boys, which just isnt true

i agree that the china airsoft development thread is a pain in the butt, and is 10% information, 90% Darklites Ego trip lol (no offence DL but you really should not tease us so)

I resent that, Bengali.

All I did was post ONE post saying Gunner's got a secret up his sleeve. Then people jumped all over it.

And yes, I post a lot in the China developement thread. You know why?

I live in Hong Kong, speak english, am active in the airsoft scene and have an Arnies account.

we COULD put up a new section for ALL new releases to be discussed, but then again isnt that what news is for, and half of it still ends up in General. even if we kept news for upcoming events and public service announcements only everything would just end up in general

I actually think the massive thread is serving a purpose. It's to put out news and rumours for up and coming stuff - once the stuff gets released it's put into it's own topic.

Unless of course you want a ludicrous amount of topics opening up every time someone get's more info about chinese made stuff - and let's face it, the clones are released almost constantly.

we COULD put up a new section for ALL new releases to be discussed, but then again isnt that what news is for, and half of it still ends up in General. even if we kept news for upcoming events and public service announcements only everything would just end up in general

Again, sounds just the like the Airsoft News section.

i think we all see the point that the uber thread is tediously long and hard to get information from, but also im sure we can all see that its keeping everything else tidy

to start a sub forum for china development would be handy (maybe) for finding specific details on each gun, but would more than likley lead to several threads about the same gun, and also not help to quell the rumours that they dont all suck

the only way i can see for it to work would be a new releases section similar, but not quite, to the news section and reviews section combined. divided into the primary section where random thoughts rumours and speculation can fly wild, and then several other sub forums one for each manufacturer, including the non-"clone" manufacturers, where the new releases of each company could be discussed seperatly. pro's and cons, performance, etc

but again thats going to be a mess and potentially a pain in the butt to navigate. however having a seperate clones only forum would instantly cause uproar from CA, TM, ICS fanboys of why do we have to use the main section and they get their own. its possibly something arnie could look at while hes re-vamping, and im sure he will decide wisely but i dont think seperating the clones is the way to go.

Sorry, I still don't really see the point in a thread dedicated to a brand / brands of rifle. I could see the point of say an AEG and Gas subsection to technical help etc, but the general discussion section suggests that by nature discussion can be quite an eclectic range of topics. :)