Tokyo Marui Type 89 Review

when I still had my Type89 I could squeeze a 8.4v 1400 mah intellect stick pack in the handguard but it is an EXTREMELY tight fit, everything has to line up just right otherwise the handguard pin won't push all the way through. S_W, the 3 round burst really is a convenient mode of fire, I've always found the trigger response of AEGs on semi to be slower than I like it to be, and sure you could do bursts on F/A, but I liked how unique the 89 is.

is the 3 rnd burst actually much use ?

surely its just putting an extra 2, wasted bb's, in the same spot you would have put one, and it would have done the job?

Plan and simple..

3 rounds=3x more chance that they will call out.

1 shot does not always register as a hit in some peoples minds.. :waggle:

so i can fit the custom 12v battery  in the stock after a bit of drilling and rewiring and when fitted with a larger battery the 3 shot burst is magically turned into a 5 shot burst in the same amount of time

Now, how's that possible? You obviously don't know much about Type 89. The burst fire mode is mechanical, which means there's a latch that counts bbs, so even if you make it run off 220v it won't shoot more than 3 bbs at a time.

Now, how's that possible? You obviously don't know much about Type 89. The burst fire mode is mechanical, which means there's a latch that counts bbs, so even if you make it run off 220v it won't shoot more than 3 bbs at a time.

obviously i do i have tried it and it does it manages to cycle twice on each catch of the burst mechanism before it engages. try it and see :P

As Dusk said, it is entirely possible for higher voltage guns to cycle after the cut off lever has deactivated the current. This I believe is called Overspin.

On normal guns single shot is achieved by a cam on the sector gear moving the cut off lever to knock the switch out at a certain point of the cycle, i.e just after the gear releases the piston. Add a high voltage and a turbo motor, you've got yourself a 2-3 round burst of semi.

Same principle applies to the Type 89's burst mode. Every time the cam comes round it knocks an arm, which moves down a notch, after 3 movements the arm disrupts the current, as per a normal cut off lever. The arm then resets. If you don't pull the trigger for all 3 shots. You get a 1 or 2 round burst, then the arm resets. Next pull 3 rounds etc...

Combine your overspin from a fast motor/large current. 4/5 round burst consistantly.

iamwozza's Type 89 has now got a 10.8v 2000mah NiMH battery fitted (4 cells in the front / 5 in the stock).

It cycles beautifully and shoots really well, yes it will break as the gears are only stock. But someone by then will hopefully have released some steel ones. Although if I recall the only different gear is the bevel gear.

Nick

Edited by imaheretic

Ok, thanks for clarifying the matter. I was overreacting a bit, just never had in mind that someone would rape a gun in such way :))

Speaking of gears, I have noticed that there's a difference with the shape of the latch on the sector gear, the one that engages the cut-off lever. Looks like it's a bit longer?

By the way, is it possible to install a standard bevel gear? Has anyone tried?

Cheers.