OH SNAP! UHC VP-70 is out!

Yeager

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note the words 'first effective pistol', i know polymers where used before in rifles but i meant pistols only (still two fingers to Glock, stupid Austrian cheap plastic).

Its a damn fine gun for its time and having owned the TK one, i hope it will be as good as and will get one. (BTW Sledge now has my VP70 :no:)

'FireKnife'

EDIT: With the Five-seveN, VP70 and USPc all i need now is a XM10 pistol and i have a Leon RE4 set.

No HK trades, only VP70M. 

330-350FPS with .20g BBon green gas.

Very Nice just like the Tanio Koba version but uses green gas.

TK's VP70 runs just fine on green gas

:P was just pointing out how polymer's were revolutionary, think about it, if you have to make plastic look like wood to get the market to buy it, thats kinda of a shame that people were like "OH NOES ITS PLASTIC IT MUST BE BADDDD!!!!oneone111"

lol

same could be said of a lot of airsofters too

also

if it really does have a metal slide, dont you think retailers would mention that.....?

Ooh a skirmishable VP70, gotta get one of them :) Not to mention how owning 2 VP70M's is something like a +7 to my l337 points :P

Hopefully Ehobby or some other uk friendly retailer will get them.

TK's VP70 runs just fine on green gas

The guns might, its just a shame the mags wont hold the damn stuff. One of mine started leaking with 134A.

two fingers to Glock, stupid Austrian cheap plastic

wtf? The plastic on Glocks is almost as strong as steel at a fraction of the weight, why do you think they are so popular? If you want to talk about cheap plastic then you should remember the plastic slide on the TK VP70 you owned :P .

I wouldn't expect this UHC to be much better than the TK, but at least it's $70 cheaper. The only thing that put me off buying the TK was the ridiculous price tag.

is it just me or did you just compare the plastic slide of a airsoft gun to the plastic on a real Glock pistol?

No, lol. I was just pointing out to an HK fanboy that the Glocks plastic frame isn't cheap plastic. I mentioned the cheap plastic slide on the TK VP70 because it's the main reason that I (amongst others) didn't buy it.

Humm ANDY B is strange, when i say '2 fingers to Glocks' i mean that all those who say "ohh the Glock is so revolutionary with its polymer frame" i say "VP70 came out 10 years ahead and had a polymer slide" in other words score one for H&K (i'm not one of their fanboys, i prefer Remingtons and Kalashnikovs, just trying to get rid of a MP7 i bought to see what it was like).

I got rid of my TK VP70 for a Glock but got rid of the Glock (KSC 18c) quicker as it was worse than the VP70. I play with what i'm comfortable with and not just a H&K Fanboy. There is a nice fine line between AS and RS and it seems some people like to spout BS.

'FireKnife'

Huzzah!

VP70001.jpg

VP70002.jpg

Talk about fun, this gun is one of the most entertaining GBBs I've ever owned.

Slide is plastic, Lower is HW plastic, Outer barrel is plastic, internals are metal, pretty much everything thats plastic on the TK is plastic on this gun. This does appear to be a Tanio Koba Licensed gun.

Right side of the slide: Design & Produced by Tanio Koba & UHC Made In Taiwan

Left side of the slide: MOD VP ' 70 9 MMx19 "This soft air gun is not made by HK, but the duplicate to extract the attractiveness of VP-70

Grip: VP70M (H&K markings are present but they have been removed)

It claims that its made for green, but I'd suspect that the use of propane in this gun will result in slidetoface symdrome.

Barrel is rifled, and there is an adjustable hopup located ontop of the outer barrel.

Stock, it over hops on .20s, .23s are good out to 85-90 feet, then go everywhere. I suspect that on .25s accuracy out past 100ft will be better.

Will give a more detailed report later on tonight. But from what I've seen so far this is an awsome little..or not so little handgun!

Yeager, you suck. How hard would it have been to post a few picks of the gun? Especialy with a size comparasin to another pistol. I have to admit it's one of the only H&K guns I've never held before.

To be honest, I was too busy playing with it to take pictures..

VP70003.jpg

VP70006.jpg

VP70004.jpg

VP70005.jpg

I'll hook up my guarder chorno and get everyone some FPS readings today..

What fps at though?

That's exactly the problem.

Twist barrels very much rely on the ratio of output power to length.

In AEGs, this is fairly ok, as they are consistent - but still a major PITA to adjust for.

In GBBs - the consistancy is all over the bloody place, due to it being gas, so it's nearly impossible to adjust for.

Archived