caveman745 from Kalamazoo MI is a scammer! Bewar

caveman745 from Kalamazoo MI is a scammer!!! Beware!!!

caveman745 is scammer from Kalamazoo Michigan. He had a posting up for a Maruzen type U micro uzi like from the last week of March, but the listing was deleted.

I paid this guy $65 for it and he got the money 3 days after I sent it. He sent me an e-mail that he is going to send the gun on april 19 but up to now I still haven't received it yet. I was sending him e-mails but he does not respond at all. A member of Airsoftretreat has also been ripped off by this guy, so I asked him about it. He told me that caveman745 sold him a kwa m11 ingram for $120 with 3 mags, but apparently he didn't receive it either. He also told me that another member e-mailed him about this guy who was also offering him the same gun. So that makes us 3 guys who he tried to or actually scammed.

His real name is GRANT MEREDITH from Kalamazoo Michigan. He has an ebay account with username caveman745. He has several usernames like caveman745 and kazzmus according to the guy that e-mailed me.

If you have been scammed by this guy, pm me if you want additional information or spread the word online through airsoft sites and classified ads. Or better yet share to everybody what happened. I have his full address and the whole e-mail conversation that took place between me and him.

I also have the receipt for the Money order that I gave him.

I will be reporting this guy through ic3.gov so he gets what he deserves.

Update: After 3 weeks of being in hiatus, Mr Grant decided to reply to one of my e-mails.

On 5/7/07, Hardcoreboy wrote:

hey...where's my gun????

Grant:

Your gun will be sent out tomorrow 5/11. Sorry for the delay.

Delay???? It has only been like 20 e-mails and three weeks right?

After like a couple of hours, Mr. Grant decided to e-mail me again because somebody was spreading ###### across his website and it goes like this:

On 5/10/07, hardcoreboy wrote:

Dude....it's been three weeks!!!

What in the world's the matter with yoiu???

Grant:

Your the one spamming peoples deviantart account like a f$@% 5 year old.

You'll either get the gun or a check for $65 in the mail. I haven't decided which.

Sometimes s@#t happens that keeps one from the computer and from getting to shipping an item. I was happy to see that after coming back from vacation/lack of internet that you decided to take it upon yourself and violate my online accounts. Way to be a ****.

Wooow...can you believe this guy??? I get ripped off by him and he starts accusing me of spreading ###### online, he didn't even remember how many people he ripped off and are now after him.

Notice the second line of his e-mail:

"You'll either get the gun or a check for $65 in the mail. I haven't decided which."

Imagine buying from Evike or Ebay and paying them good money and they tell you that they haven't decided if they are gonna send you your item or your money back, will that ###### you off? This guy's got the nerve to tell me that he still has to decide, If he needed the money why didn't he just borrow it from someone else? He owes me, and I don't owe him anything so he doesn't have the right to tell me that he hasn't decided on the matter yet.

Notice the third line:

"I was happy to see that after coming back from vacation/lack of internet that you ....."

I don't give a care in the world if he goes on vacation and keep me waiting for 3 weeks.

The point is, I paid him and I want my stuff! I didn't pay him to go on a vacation. You don't just sell something and then go on a vacation and keep the buyers waiting.

Another part of the third line:

"Sometimes s@#t happens that keeps one from the computer and from getting to shipping an item. "

For three weeks he cannot find a computer to log onto and send the e-mails that he was supposed to. Where did he stay for 3 weeks? Inside a cave???

After the e-mail conversation he has decided to go on another journey...ignoring my e-mails.

What a guy!!!

People like him make me sick.

Are you still going to send this ic3.gov thing details of your transaction or are you going to wait a while for him to alledgely send your stuff?

Well, if I don't get my stuff or my money back within 1 week, then I'll be reporting him to ic3.gov.

We need to keep away people like him from doing deals online. It's ok if it was only me who he ripped off, but a couple of people? That's a different story.

Yes, please post this on Airsoft Michigan.

He is Caveman on MIA, and a link to his profile can be found here. If you do decide to post it on there, go into Commerce and then go to Seller/Buyer Ratings and go to the thread titled Caveman. It appears he has done some shady things in the past. If you do a bit of checking, I think you might be able to get into contact with some members of his team on there too. He belongs to, or did belong to the team A.M.A.S. You can contact Lord Gilbon or CantoXII for more details, as I know both are or were major part of the team. He also started a thread yesterday in the Commerce section looking for M11 mags.If you need any more info on the workings of MIA you can PM me here or as Knife on MIA.

Hope I have at least helped you a little bit.

Wow dude...Thanks a lot for the info, I am now contacting the other guy that he ripped off to tell him about this, as well as creating a posting for that michigan airsoft site.

I am still waiting for an approval for my membership so I can post this there.

I really appreciate your help. We'll keep you updated!

Sorry for double posting but I wasn't able to modify my post.

Anyway, a guy from Michigan airsoft has just told me that Mr. Caveman or whoever he is, has already sold my supposed to be Micro Uzi to some guy from michigan last sunday. And someone also told me details on how he ripped off another kid from Michigan where he only returned the stuff when the police intervened.

Oh well...If the cops are able to make him return stuff, then I guess cops it will be!!!

...bad boys bad boys, whacha gonna do when they come for you...bad boys...

• 7 months later...

Another update from this piece of ###### named Grant...

A member of airsoft retreat just sent me a message, telling me that he got scammed by the same guy.

here's the message:

Hey,

I got scammed from this dude like a month ago and then I find this.

Is there anyway how I can grab his attention and get my money or stuff back?

Thanks

-Joe

There you go....he's still at it.

Please wait for further updates on this.

Another update from this piece of ###### named Grant...

A member of airsoft retreat just sent me a message, telling me that he got scammed by the same guy.

here's the message:

Hey,

I got scammed from this dude like a month ago and then I find this.

Is there anyway how I can grab his attention and get my money or stuff back?

Thanks

-Joe

There you go....he's still at it.

Please wait for further updates on this.

Thanks Randy for the information.

I just sent an email to the state police. So here's my story:

A few months ago, on October 8th, 2007, I won an item off of eBay from Grant Meredith. (eBay item#: 120169243794 )

I asked him for his address so I can send a check to him because he didn't accept paypal. Eventually on October 11th, I get a response from him, giving me his address.

So then, I wrote a check and sent it to him. On October 23rd, he sent me an email saying that he received the check, and that he would send it out the next day.

The item didn't come in for a week so then I decided to email him, requesting for a tracking number or anything of that sort. He didn't respond.

A couple days later, I send more emails asking about the package, and I didn't get any response from him. I figured that my check didn't cash in yet, so then I decided to check that with Wells Fargo.

It turned out that the check was cashed on October 24th. So then I start a dispute on eBay, asking about the item and why it hasn't come to me yet. I waited ten days for his response and I didn't get a response. Then I escalated that claim to eBay administration, who told me that I can't really do anything about it.

So there, I'm no longer interested in the MP7, I want my money back.

• 4 months later...
Thanks Randy for the information.

I just sent an email to the state police. So here's my story:

A few months ago, on October 8th, 2007, I won an item off of eBay from Grant Meredith. (eBay item#: 120169243794 )

I asked him for his address so I can send a check to him because he didn't accept paypal. Eventually on October 11th, I get a response from him, giving me his address.

So then, I wrote a check and sent it to him. On October 23rd, he sent me an email saying that he received the check, and that he would send it out the next day.

The item didn't come in for a week so then I decided to email him, requesting for a tracking number or anything of that sort. He didn't respond.

A couple days later, I send more emails asking about the package, and I didn't get any response from him. I figured that my check didn't cash in yet, so then I decided to check that with Wells Fargo.

It turned out that the check was cashed on October 24th. So then I start a dispute on eBay, asking about the item and why it hasn't come to me yet. I waited ten days for his response and I didn't get a response. Then I escalated that claim to eBay administration, who told me that I can't really do anything about it.

So there, I'm no longer interested in the MP7, I want my money back.

What's the update on this? Did you ever get your money back?

Don't be fooled if he sounds genuinely offended because you took it to the public. A repeat-offence like this isn't an unfortunate mishap that could happen to anyone. Most likely he doesn't even understand that what he's doing is wrong.

-Sale

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=143752

another scammer from Kalamazoo MI. His name is Caleb Yarrington... go ahead and facebook him. his city is all there. I have yet to initiate an dispute for i am still giving him a chance. but chances are he wont reply and I will be going for more than my 10 dollars. I know my loss is nothing compared to yours but hey i'm just raising the red flag for people of MI... people like these give other MI airsofters a bad name and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Archived