tm hi-capa 5.1 problems firing

matthewryan2k

okay, leaf spring is in properly and im still having trouble, but i dont think it has anything to do with the leaf spring. when the slide cycles, sometimes it doesnt cock the hammer enough to fire. gently pressing on the hammer initiates a clicking sound that allows you to fire. there seems a 50/50 chance of it doing this or operating properly

interestingly when held upside down, manualy pulling back the slide cocks the hammer enough to allow firing 100% of the time. i am therefore led to believe that it is the rightmost silver lever in the picture below:

IMAG0002.jpg

Yes it is, this is the exact same problem I had.

You need to give one of the prongs a little bend, the middle one, and you need to open up your gun and take a look at the positioning of your sear, give it a blast of lube for luck.

Report back.

Dom

• 2 months later...

havent posted on here for months because, frankly, i had given up and couldnt be bothered. however i have finaly fixed it: it turned out it wasnt the leaf spring at all, even though i got hold of a new one it didnt work until i put in a new sear (the right most prong the leaf spring sits on if thats not what the sear is). the make was WA and so i dont know what was wrong with the original one.

got another problem though, i butchered the spring in the blow back (the spring you can see when you take the rear sight off). any ideas where to source one from because none of the major hong kong stores have them in stock, not even WA ones. any other places i could get one or an alternative spring i could get in a hardware store. thnaks for all your help.

The sear is the part that catches the hammer back. It's pressed by the middle finger. The right side silver colored piece is the disconnector.

The function of the return spring of the loading nozzle is to pull the nozzle out of sight when you rack the slide manually. For aesthetics, that is. You can cut the mangled part off and have it pull the nozzle back at least partially.

-Sale

Archived