IMPORTANT: Regarding Scams

DynamicRabbit

I've been scammed before.

Quite a few have, especially when working trades or buying used stuff through forums.

When I got scammed, I didn't know what to do. I filed a complaint with paypal, who said that they only deal with shipping problems. After that, I harassed the guy via telephone and I flooded his e-mail box until I got a response saying the item was shipped.

Internet fraud isn't just some prank, it's a felony offense. You know when you are offered a mysterious 'cashiers check' from some guy who can' spell? That's a felony scam. When you send someone 20 bucks and they never send that bag of BBs. That's a felony scam. All crime commited via internet is a felony.

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at the federal, state, local and international level, IC3 provides a central referral mechanism for complaints involving Internet related crimes.

This website links you to the IC3 main page, where you can file a complaint. Be sure to keep all records of contact with this person handy.

Website

http://www.ic3.gov/

Pin if you like. I posted this at several other forums.

Archived