Do You Remember Old Arnies?

kronic

The thread about how the UK Airsoft scene started made me wanna start this thread so....

Does anyone remember the Old Arnies site, that was run by Arnie (No offence to R22 he's a dude). Before the huge ASCUK/UKAN fall out when we lost Arnies?

When sp00n and Nmcanebes, Arnies old right hand man (or however you spell it) were the highest posters.

Silent_Scope had the best P90 ever.

Everyone hated the FAMAS.

AKs couldn't be upgraded.

Classic Army was rubbish.

Airsoft Dynamics had stuff in stock.

Agent47 ruled the comments on the photo gallery.

There would be constant arguments about mounting M203's on RIS mounts in real steel.

Area51 was in business and made what you paid for (Sometimes)

There was a line drawing of an M93r at the top of the Home Page.

Oh and everyone seemed scared of ordering things from HK (UK at least)

I still love Arnies but i like thinking of the old days. If you remember Old arnies or anything about it stick a post up :)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the old days, vaguely... I didn't lurk much on the forums back then, but now, I've accumulated a mighty post count, and had a rep toting three figures, before the system got taken down :P

the old days were good, but it's still good nowadays :)

yay to the olden days, when Arnie pranced around looking like John Mclane from die hard, bare foot and all, we all marvelled over the custom AEGs made by gremlin and that hawaiian guy, forgot his name :(

and you got the:" there, there, itll be ok if you throw some more money at it" response when you admitted to buying a CA MP5 :P

and anything other then a MP5/M16/M4/Famas/AUG/AK or academy L85 was a bloody great custom gun :D

ah, how far we have come :) for the better id like to think :)

i remember it, strangly. back then they cost 30 gazillion pounds just for the gun, then you needed the battery, charger, magazine, ammo, safety glasses etc etc. then the only local game site was 1000 miles away and had games once a quarter. BUT YOU STILL LOVED IT ANYWAY.

nowdays i got a proper job and everything is a bit cheaper. awsome =D

I remember it when it was a tiny little forum in the corner of the web - back in the day when airsoft.org wasn't some s**tty retailer website. hehe.

I remember the first great FPS debate on the old airsoft.org "Blue" forums, when Arnies was just a news front page.

Hehe I remember that debate :P

When slayer posted as well and Enzo100 posted about emo stuff and the endless petitions for TM to make a SA80.

That's new arnies :-P I stopped po sting quiet abit when new Arnies opened.... dunno why.

Whoa some people have good older days. Arnies was still pretty big in my old days. No Airsoft org for me.

Cool to see some old members back.

Whoa i forgot about twitch and Crazy Harrys old name.

I remember the first great FPS debate on the old airsoft.org "Blue" forums, when Arnies was just a news front page.

When TM first brought out the M4 - How many are there now? :P

I had an older account that I stopped using for a while before I started my current one. I distinctly remember seeing the next new adds for the Marui M4 a few months after I had just purchased my first aeg, a g3-SG1.

What about the days when classic army only made metal bodies and such and they were never really that close to being on spec? That's when you know you are one the grumpy old guys on the forum when you remember killing yourself to dremmel/sand/doing anything to make that *fruitcaging* metal body fit your mp5. I think I spent close to five hours to install the metal body, cocking tube, and metal sights. The cocking tube was so tight and was I so tired of dealing with it, I just used a mallet to get the last quater of an inch in the body.

True, Allen was a huge lost to the airsoft community, but he was active on lots of forums, not just Arnies :)

BTW, he was only lost (as far as I know) in the sense that he found more constructive things to do with his time (I believe he was training to be a surgeon) - Anyone know where he is now?

Cheers.

how dare you mention that name lol. and afaik Sledge invented (shhhhhh) Mr HS.

to be honest i read arnies as my mate used to use it (wish i could get hold of him, havent seen him for years) but i was always a UKANian, so never even bothered registering here. so i dont remember a great deal about arnies back when. i do remember the afore mentioned techie genius who's name we must not speak, i think i remember Crazy Harry being Mulder, or at least i remember a mulder, might have been on UKAN though. wouldnt mind seeing some screenshots if anyone has any from back in the day. i wish id been here longer, i loved UKAN because it felt like being a member of a cool club, but since joining Arnies i feel like a member of a cool family. its great here. why people even bother with other airsoft forums i dont know? :D

Archived