Do You Remember Old Arnies?

kronic

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember there being less of everything. The main boards didn't stretch as far.

And yes there was a time when CA armalites were avoided like the plague.

I think arnies has changed for me. It sort of peaked around AG05, then people started to go their seperate ways.

I remember there being less of everything. The main boards didn't stretch as far.

And yes there was a time when CA armalites were avoided like the plague.

I think arnies has changed for me. It sort of peaked around AG05, then people started to go their seperate ways.

pople went there seperate ways? dont pay too much attention to that, you have me now :P

ahhh, nostalgia, love it

To me Arnies peaked just before the major servere kick.

When it had the old look.

DumboRAT.... now there was a member he was awesome. He maybe gone but it's nice to know review and articles still remain on here from them.

There was a Welsh guy on old arnies with a sort of goth-ish advatar, he was a regular... can't remember his name for the life of me though!

Silent_Scope had the best P90 ever.

LOL all it took was an EOTech

I was here before that under the user name Speznas33 when the site was purple. That was what? Like 6-7 YEARS ago? I was like 12 or something.

Lot of water under the bridge, Arnies

The goth was HeadWreck, Kronic. Him and Mulder (Crazy Harry) were the dynamic duo. I miss HeadWreck ;___;

IDK if I've just grown out of this forum, but I feel like this site was much cooler like 4 years ago. Now I'm just always laughing about how serious everyone takes playing dress up/toy guns. It's funny you bring this up now because I'm probably gonna leave here before too long.

Dunno how long ago everyone is talking about, but I remember back when I was first getting into airsoft around when TM released their p90, I would religiously check the arnies news page every 2 hours.

And back in the day when people still put reviews into the actual "reviews" section of the site :blink: and that for anything that cost less than $300 USD to be anything but rubbish was ridiculous.

Sorta ironic that I finally "joined" the community only after they made the forum private, forcing me to get off my lazy a$$ and make an account!

Yes, and Dumbo Rat had/probably still has some of the most ridiculously cool custom pistols.

yah dumborat was a driving force in the international comunity, i loved it how he used to whip out the old "Walter Mitty" line :) when people got all milsim on him for taking 37 odd guns with him in the field :P

allthough as said he was very active on other forums aswell, mainly the recently deceased airsoftplayers where i hung out alot to att, his newbie guide and GBB gas article were legendary. a great loss, but i do wish him the best, as said by other people he was pursuing a medical career.

am i the only one to remember arnies John Mclane imitation ( mainly because of the rather attractive wife/girlfriend/whoever in the pics aswell) then? :unsure:

edit: *nostalgia* Back when Clarence Lai used to make stuff youd actually want to spend 5K on :D

The goth was HeadWreck, Kronic. Him and Mulder (Crazy Harry) were the dynamic duo. I miss HeadWreck ;___;

IDK if I've just grown out of this forum, but I feel like this site was much cooler like 4 years ago.

Thats his name! Cheers mate.

Agreed on that second part... but i think i'll be sticking around abit though.

The "change" and boring difference came from that large influx of new members.

There were times where regulars would laugh about this as it's was only a temorary thing that would phase out, usually with lots of abusive (certain nationality?) teen idiots getting banned.

Now everyone just seems disheartened and can't be bothered fighting back anymore, and the idiots have taken over.

The "change" and boring difference came from that large influx of new members.

There were times where regulars would laugh about this as it's was only a temorary thing that would phase out, usually with lots of abusive (certain nationality?) teen idiots getting banned.

Now everyone just seems disheartened and can't be bothered fighting back anymore, and the idiots have taken over.

So true.... Cheap soft has just enforced it all aswell.

I Blame cheap soft

I remember when there was no internet. Arnie's Airsoft consisted of someone on a pushbike taking notes round to people. Ah, the classic discussions. "What am best gun?" "WA rumoured to make 1911" and of course the classic "What is airsoft?" Happy happy days.

:zorro:

I remember when there was no internet. Arnie's Airsoft consisted of someone on a pushbike taking notes round to people. Ah, the classic discussions. "What am best gun?" "WA rumoured to make 1911" and of course the classic "What is airsoft?" Happy happy days.

:zorro:

lol Sledge - sounds like a welsh attempt at a forum... No Wales is good really :P

It looks like I missed out on the old forums, but I think I can agree all the cheap Chinese stuff (that is actually very nice) has attracted what seems to be a different breed of airsofter...

I joined the forums just before the Chinese clones really took off - a couple of months before the Cyma 027 anyways.

i do remember something someone told my mate when he used arnies a few years back

"dont go in off topic, its filled with idiots lead by Sledge who can usually be found dancing round a pole in a pink tutu" or something to those effects"

be honest, has arnies really changed that much? and if it has is it really worse than before?

Archived