Tokyo Mauri Vz61 Scorpion

Same here LeeC, I am hoping that the Mac 10 will have some possible improved internals (And the fact that it might even come with the original Mac 10 silencer as seen in the latest pics in the package only helps make it seem like an awesome deal). I know muzzle velocity doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to a Marui, but still 220?

I even thought Marui themselves said that the reason for the delay of the Compact SMG series after the Mp7 was to try and improve the internals, at least I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Great review BTW and beautiful pics too!

LeeC -230 is able to be felt even at 20m... outside.. in bush.

my MP7 has only ever shot as high as 235... so I am a fraction disappointed in the touting of this at closer to 270. I was hoping that with time and changes to the mech of it, that there would be greater and greater efficiencies happening.

Well I still want to buy one. I've been waiting for this gun since it was announced and since it's TM I'm not worried about it being supported. (I.e. getting more mags in the future)

The FPS isn't really a major deal to me, especially since this is going to be my sidearm/back-up. :)

if this is anything like the MP7 (I can only assume so) the range is just outstanding even in stock form. TM's hop units on the AEPs and their micro SMG line's just amazing and shots fly straight and true. Plus it's good for close engagement so you won't have to worry about blasting someone too close (shouldn't do that in the first place but really stuff happens) with a high powered AEG.

To be honest guys, be realistic. At the end of the day the gearbox has to be tiny to fit, and the fact they managed at all to make these new AEPs / MAEGs electric is impressive. After all, when the gearbox is only <2cm wide and about 9cm long, you can't expect the cylinder to allow performance in line with a big old AEG mechbox.

My brief review:

It's got a metal upper reciever, plastic lower reciever, the stock is solid. The bolt is metal, and does have a satisfying whack to it (it's not M14 but its nice enough). Shoots ever so well. The gun is very solid, no creaks anywhere. A very nice bit of kit.

Umm no it has a metal LOWER reciever. ;) But man it has some range on this little thing. Man I want some spare mags for it. I wonder the upgrades for it too. But overall as being my first SMG this is oustanding for the price. Hell stock its probably a wee bit worse tha the MP5K and it come with everything you need to make it fire except for the electricity to charge the battery :P