Counter Sniper Loadouts

Finius

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M14, top gun, I'd use it over the Aug anyday.

Kit wise, keep it light, carry exactly what you need and no more, i do love watching people lumber around in full plate gear with their drop legs smacking them in the jewels. Always makes me giggle.

Counter sniping, if your talking about the game is not about what gun your carrying, its about what your doing, hunting that elusive swine through whatever terrain hes hiding in, then shooting him. You can use a pistol if your proficent enough with it! Use your advantages, speed and mobility, you'll not outrange him, hes far more accurate than you, so close the gap and make him move. Get inside his minimum engagement range quickly.

I believe RS counter sniping is carried out by snipers, i.e the sniper screen in front of the main force. The dudes carring the LSW/DMR are marksmen, not counter snipers.

I spend a lot of time when I'm playing just hunting for the other snipers on our site, currently theres 4 regulars with over forum limit rifles, were all equipped pretty much the same, belt kit, rifle, sidearm. Uniform etc is down to personal choice, i personally hate kneepads, but i have padding in my multicam (knees and elbows), although with summer here I'll be moving back to brit dpm and no kneepads. A decent pair of gloves are worth their weight in gold though!

I could go on for hours about this :P

then please do. :D

since im moving more into Sniping/Counter Sniping, every little bit helps since im regularly going to be going up against those 4 over forum limit rifles :P i thought about what to buy for my AEG counter Sniper and while the M14 is so damn good i opted for the AUG as broken down it will fit in my case where the M14 would have meant lugging another bag over half the country.

but as you say, its not the length of your rifle its what you do with it ;)

You know the M14 comes apart without screws, dontcha? the stock detatches from the rest very very easily.

LOL!! Just ask the questions, and I'll do what i can to answer, hell you can ask on friday night if you like and I'll give ya some tips when I'm marshalling you on saturday, I've packed those spare mags for you btw.

I can pack my 14 and some midcaps if you wanna try that as well? Not sure what its chronoing at though, and its restricted to semi only (auto m14's are the spawn of satans loins! And only used by those that need to learn how to shoot straight!) Scope is mounted but not zeroed yet, or you can go with iron sights.

Sunday you'll see a very rare sight, me with a AEG getting up front and personal, i hope your feeling fit, because if your on my team you'd better be prepared to run around - a lot! (bring ya comms kit :))

Disclaimer: any answers to questions are from airsoft experience only, but of that i have a substancial amout of when it comes to hunting down 'thebauer', possibly one of the most famous snipers on these boards.

quote'd for tr00th!

Yeah, true, P90 is not a true countersnipe, but its the only gun, besides the AUG that I would take into CQB as well. I bet i can get a P90 or AUG working at comparable accuracy to a M14 for the same amount of money. In that case, you have a SMG that you can snipe with and then turn around and go toe to toe with people in tight quarters.

As for a true counter sniper, I agree with the AUG point. Cheaper, long @$$ barrel and cheap/easier to upgrade, as parts are less scarce.

BTW, WHERE IS THE PSG1?! THAT IS A REAL MAN'S COUNTERSNIPE!

have you considered the SOCOM M14 from TM? I have one and it's great for a lot of CQB places and if you're going from indoors to outdoors, you'll probably want a pistol out anyways. The SOCOM has the same range as a regular M14 and it works pretty well in CQB if you use it right. there's a bunch of techniques you can use like putting the stock farther back and under your armpit and stuff.

The P90 will definitely not be able to outrange an M14. Even with a new tightbore, the hop up is just not as good as the TM M14 ones.

don't really like the PSG-1 as it's too heavy and cumbersome to use in most places.

Counter-Sniping is actually a politically correct way of saying 'sniper'. Police don't utilize snipers, they utilize 'counter-snipers'. Sniper hunting is generally a waste of time, unless you know a sniper is there because the sniper has already struck... in which case the Designated Marksman comes into play.

Okay, fine you got me. The P90 isnt a sniper. WHAT ABOUT THE PSG1?!

I garentee you that the PSG1 will beat the M14 in the accuracy field any day. I know they are expensive, but if you are serious about this stuff, they work great. Grab a cheap, ful auto backup like a Glock 18c and your set. Its heavy, granted, but still, you are looking for a sniper rifle are you not? You arnt going to be moving around according to you guys; thats why you reject my P90 idea. Socom 14 is the shortest i would go in this case, and would take an AUG over the 14, but still I would take a G3 SG1 or a PSG1 over the AUG and an M14 Socom.

Thats just my opinoin though. Maybe this is why I'm not a sniper ;)

I don't see how the PSG-1 would have any advantage over the G3... unless someone wants to fill me in on the details... and the AK-47, M14, and the Type 89 are all supposed to be among TM's most accurate OOB AEGs, I believe (maybe not the Type 89).

EDIT: Anyhue, my choices would be these:

1-M14

2-M14 SOCOM

3-G3SG-1 (CA?)

4-SR-25

5-AUG

6-M16 'SAM-R'/'SPR'

My team's marksman has used both the AUG and the M16 DMR-ish-rifle. But all the other choices (except possibly the M14 SOCOM) edge out the AUG and M16 in sheer awesomeness factor.

the PSG-1 isn't that accurate actually, you might think it is because it's a real sniper weapon in real life but my friend had a 500FPS one for a while and i could still outrange him.

also, the m14 socom and regular m14 have a very small difference in range and accuracy. i'm talking about a couple cm here so if you still want a smaller gun, M14 SOCOM.

The PSG1 is ######.

Expensive, heavy, upgrade parts are ludicrously expensive and hard to install. Plus the PSG1 is *fruitcage* HUGE.

Get a M14 SOCOM from TM, slap a scope or aimpoint on it, use midcaps and there - you're set.

I'd suggest 3 different counter sniper weapons. The G3/SG1, the M14, and the AUG.

All are virtually the same in performance, accurate, similar rates of fire. It all boils down to the ergonomics, how it fits.

The G3/SG1 is best for guys who are used to M4s. Basic assault rifle grip. Good if you have long arms because of the length. The mag change is the same. It's more mobile than the M14 and is easier to aim with. Heavy though, little more in the front so that could be an issue, unless of course you use the bi-pod.

The M14 is for people with a more unique fit. It's not like M4s, it has a rifle stock. Personally I didn't care for it, just didn't feel right. But it is a very well balanced rifle. Not that mobile but if you find a good position you can squeeze off shots with out moving.

The AUG is most likely the best fitting. Melts in your hands. The bullpup design makes it very mobile and easy to keep steady, and infact the barrel is just as long as the G3's. The mag change is very easy as well. Only thing is that I've heard some complain that it's very uncomfortable if you have long arms. because of the bullpup design.

The best thing is to go to a store and see it yourself. I usually just go down to poweredge and ask to hold the gun, to see how if feels.

I own both an AUG and the M14 SOCOM.

Out of the box, a stock M14 has more range and accuracy than a stock AUG.

I've upgraded the AUG with a TN PSG1 inner barrel going into a suppressor, and a stronger spring (M100). The M14 is still stock. The AUG beats it by about 5 meters, and a slightly tighter grouping.

Saying that, the upgrades cost me the best part of £100, for 5 meters.

Get closer, save the money for something else. :D

Archived