Counter Sniper Loadouts

Finius

A quick search revealed nothing like this, so I decided to ask for myself...

We all know that a sniper, if "used" correctly by his team can be deadly, and that's a lesson I have learn't the hard way, so I have decided to try my hand at counter-sniping, Google research hasn't given me alot of inspiration, so I was wondering if anyone else has done a counter-sniper loadout, if so, could you please list what kit you used, as well as the weaponry you utilized.

Pictures and all that would be great, as well as any suggestions or discussions you want to bring to the bar :D .

My own plan is to stick with standard DPM BDU's, traditional and quite effective, then, for my other gear, keep it as light as possible, a light assault vest, knee pads and elbow pads for lying down and kneeling etc (I don't need them, but they look the part). A bandanna to replace the old PASGT, and the usual eye protection. Arms wise, I want to avoid "sidearms", I've found that pistols wobble around and get in my way, especially if I plan on moving through dense terrain that has plenty of snags and other obstacles. My backup would probably be another full size AEG. The plan is to take an M4 variant customized for range and accuracy as a primary, then something like an MP5, or G3, something that's quite compact, to make it more stable on the sling for a secondary, probably customized to lay down enough fire to keep the enemies heads down whilst I run like hell, rather than to actually make kills with. My ammunition carriage would probably consist of a few mid-caps and a pair of lo-caps for the primary, and some mid-caps for the secondary.

Cheers guy, Tom :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id suggest a TM m14, it has great range and accuracy, but DONT get a second AEG as backup.. it'll get in your way too often, wear you down, and catch on things more often than a pistol. get a good holster for your pistol and it wont bother you.

I agree with the above.

If you want to be able to move at a decent speed then carrying a second primary doesn't make much sense. A decent holster for perhaps an automatic pistol, AEP maybe, would be your best bet.

Also, why bother with both an M4 and an MP5/whatever. Too similar in performance to be worth it really.

I agree with the previous posters, a TM M14 should make a great rifle - throw a low-magnification scope and some upgrades in there, and it should be perfect (you'll probably be able to even out-range some snipers).

Then, go for an AEP as your backup. Either a small SMG (like the TM MP7) or a pistol like the TM G18C (get two of these, they're small so dual-wield 'em in CQB or when you're not going for the kills, but just want to cover your retreat).

:)

Get an M249 and a TM SOCOM, my M249 shoots for miles and has quite a few sniper kills notched on the barrel. Its nice when they think that they can get you but they're still safe, and then you give them a couple of bursts and you hear hit and out they go he he. The SOCOM also has a very good range and with the suppresor its nice and quite like.

TM M14 with a good pistol, maybe a TM 1911 or P226 in a good quality Shoulder holster, that would keep it out of the way and stop it getting caught on stuff and flapping around but leave it accessable. also, if your pushing your way through rough terrain, try using a belt kit rather than an assault vest. it makes you slimmer to push through foliage better.

I was thinking of an M14, they're nice bits of kit, as for the whole secondary primary thing, I think an AEP is a good way forward, more reliable than gas, I would definitely want a stable holster though, possibly a shoulder one, and as Bengali suggested, a belt kit sounds like a pretty good idea. The idea that wins here so far is to get an M249, although I can't afford it, I'd love to go sniper-hunting with one of them beasties :P

Take two AEG's in was something I suggested purely because I'm a firepower nut, in all seriousness, it probably isn't a very clever idea :P

we have quite a few ( good) Snipers at finmere i remember we were defending the bunkers and i was laying in wait for the enemy to approach, 4 of the opposite team ( 2 of them snipers ) siddled up and took cover behind a distant bush, a quick burst ( well not that quick it is a M249 after all) in there direction and 4 arms went up followed by shouts of "hit" , it was one of my favorite moments :D

Best advice when under effective sniper fire :rifle: . . . . . . . . . pop smoke and extract ! lol.

I would imagin the closer you can get and quicker you are the better as it will make it harder for the sniper to track you in the scope ! get up close and get team support to distract the sniper ! :rifle:

the M14's have the serious players favourite, the V-hop afaik. so get a M14 or an M14 socom and slap in a drum mag if you want fire power lol. to be honest with a bit of tweaking the M14 should far out perform the minimi's. you dont need to worry about stupid box mags, and 3 extra hicaps are easier to carry than an extra boxmag.

AEP's are nice and very functional, especially in CQB, but id rather have a decent Gas gun for woodland (which is where you tend to need counter snipers). the TM MK23 for instance, should accuratly outrange any AEP on even standard HFC134a. and if you ever need to be a snidy little swine sneaking up on someone, its better to have a quiet weapon like a NBB than an AEP

You might also want to carry a scope with you, a 4x or something. It'll work like a spotting scope but you'll have eye relief so that the goggles dont get in the way. Most annoying thing about snipers is finding where they are.

no, the AUG isnt really such a viable option

1. Its Ugly

2. The Hop isn't great as stock.

3. Its Ugly

4. the power isnt great as stock

5. Its Ugly

6. the mags are Ugly

7. Its Ugly

the Aug is a very aquired taste. VERY aquired. i like it and want one, but ill be getting the JG one as it feels like a big fat beast, the TM feels frail. everyone likes the M14, it takes less work and less money to get it good enough to go up against the big boys of sniping. it has far nicer accessorys, it has Iron Sights (not sure if the TM Aug does but the JG comes with silly RIS ones)

over all, unless you really like the AUG, the M14 beats it in every way

You might also want to carry a scope with you, a 4x or something. It'll work like a spotting scope but you'll have eye relief so that the goggles dont get in the way. Most annoying thing about snipers is finding where they are.

nah, the most annoying thing about snipers is them hitting you the second you actually spot them

Blasphemy! AUG am bestest gnu! :P

I too support the M14 idea, its the only AEG to best the AUG in the looks dept and is probably marui's best weapon to date. Everyone else has gone into better detail than me so I won't just regurgitate what they said.

PS: Phantom kit is made of win and epic.

EDIT: Fellowz, unfortunatly that STANAG mod isn't functional. I wish it were cause then I would be able to get midcaps. :(

actually that Aug made my day and my decision. i need one, however, the M14 isnt the ONLY gun to beat the AUG on looks, the P90 (even though its girly to use, it still looks to quality to be true) the SCAR, the FN2000, the XM8, that AUG though, it am teh sechs.

THREAD HIJACK

is there actually a workable stanag conversion?

i always wondered what an acog would look like on an AUG, now i know. it looks Bestist

I should really get my hands on a STANAG to see if there is any way that it is possible. Ideally it would only require modification to the magazine but I think thats hoping for too much.

Also: SCAR? XM8? My eyes bleed! lol. I have something of a softspot when it comes to the looks on an AUG. When my mate bought an M14 and I got a good look at it, I was almost horrified that it looked so good.

I suppose in many respects I'm a counter sniper at our local, upgraded gspec, 1911 with a ton of spare mags.

molle harness so everythings nice and close to me, keep mobile and keep to cover, the sniper stands no chance.

would you use an AUG or a M14 as counter sniper staceh (ignoring the fact you already own an M14)

Archived