Counter Sniper Loadouts

Finius

Get a good Carbine or SMG running a 9.6v battery for high rof, I recommend an AKS74U, G36C or MP5 PDW and press the Sniper with high volume of fire. If you can locate the sniper without getting hit run towards them sticking to cover as much as possble and firing long bursts from the hip, with luck you'll panic them into not taking accurate shots and even if you don't you won't get taken out for want of firing back :P

Don't carry a second AEG, I've tried it, it's useless!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P-A-R-A-P-L-E-G-I-A.

I wouldn't risk it.

Interesting article that. But a 6mm piece of plastic will not cause paraplegia...just an embarrassing yelp and a 'do i count as out if i shoot myself by accident?' :P

But to reholster that gun looks like effort. I prefer a decent dropleg, as long as it retains well. if you drop your expensive gbb out the holster crawling through undergrowth, you'll spend the rest of the day searching for it. :( (mine was picked up by a fellow team member, who punished me by putting it in his dump pouch and not mentioning it for the next 20 mins)

As long as the holster works and is comfortable for you it really doesn't matter where it is. :)

H&K

Interesting article that. But a 6mm piece of plastic will not cause paraplegia...just an embarrassing yelp and a 'do i count as out if i shoot myself by accident?' :P

But to reholster that gun looks like effort. I prefer a decent dropleg, as long as it retains well. if you drop your expensive gbb out the holster crawling through undergrowth, you'll spend the rest of the day searching for it. :(  (mine was picked up by a fellow team member, who punished me by putting it in his dump pouch and not mentioning it for the next 20 mins)

As long as the holster works and is comfortable for you it really doesn't matter where it is. :)

H&K

You didn't read that article, did you?

Well...This kinda took off whilst I was out Friday and Yesterday :P

I'm still not convinced about the AUG, I've seen prettier things floating in the school toilets...

The M14 on the other hand is rather nice, I'd certainly be getting myself one of them, the other option is to continue with my Armalite, M4A1, which has a few issues, but, like someone said, they take a ton to get them working beastily enough, I'm fed up of mine, so it's going :(

The P90, although awfully girly, would be a good option, the thing people have made a point about to me earlier was being small and mobile, if you kept the silencer on all the time, and extended the barrel, it's still be mobile, but be able to compete...

The next debate I would ask of you (Since in my eyes the M14 has won this one) Knee pads, Elbow pads, general tactical gear, what would you choose?

I definitely think you need knee and elbow pads, as I imagine you'll often be hitting the ground in a hurry in your role. You might want to look into a shirt and pants that have pad pockets on the knees and elbows. This will allow for greater mobility (you'll hardly notice they're there), yet still offer you the protection you need.

Another thing that should be important in your role especially, are good boots. You need to be able to move stealthily, but you also need boots that will give you the grip and support you need for sprinting somewhere in a hurry. Something like the Oakley SI Assault Boot or the Converse Tactical Boots would be ideal.

Generally, I think you'll need a minimalistic/high-speed setup. I'd probably stay away from a full-on plate carrier and go for something more streamlined, something that just supports your mags, etc. and not much else. If you're going for a GBB for your sidearm, I'd definitely recommend a Safariland 6004. Not only will it protect your GBB even if you happen to fall on it, but its so stable once attach you'll nearly forget its there.

Hope some of that helps! :)

PS: go for the TM M14 ;).

It all depends on the style of games at the site you play to be honest. If a lot of stealth comes into play there, you may need to go prone quite a bit. In which case, it would probably be a lot more comfortable and useful to use belt kit and keep your front free.

If it's more about 15 minute games of running in each other's general direction and shooting for a bit, you'll want to move around fast and a light chest rig might be comfy.

Either way, I would stick with a light setup. Kneepads are your own choice, again depending on the place you play. It's protection vs. mobility really. Phoenix woodland, for example, has quite a few large stones lying about you could bump your knees on, so I prefer to wear them there.

I'd go Mauri P90 TR with a tightbore that runs the length of the silencer. No mags sticking out and bothering you if you run alot, and you still retain a practical weapon. Stick a 4X or 3-9X scope on it and your ready to go, but I would do a stock extention for more battery space (run a 9.6) and then do a power upgrade to around 400. That still leaves you under the cost of a 249 or an upgraded M14.

Also, I like to take a G36K and slap SL8 mags in so they dont bump into stuff, and then creep up behind snipers and gig them in the *albatross*. You'd be suprised, bad snipers dont pick up on tiger stripe camo really well around my place.

If you want something heavier, I would do an M16, CA i guess, with a 4X scope. I'll be doing that soon myself, as I have a guy that I rutinely play with who has a Tanaka AICS and I hate getting shot with that gun. I know, M16s are boring, but if you put a GnG SOPMOD silencer on it and install the longest tightbore you can find, it will be the most accurate gun you can get. Those silencers add anther foot an a half to the gun length.

G3s are good too. TM ones are..well...meh, but if you can get a CA G3 SG1 (yeah, I know they arent called SG1s), those are pretty good in the accuracy department. AUGs are good for this too.

If you want to do a pistol, try a Mauri G18c AEP. I have two (for sale, PM me if your intrested) and they are great for anybody who wants a rugged, cheap and full auto pistol. They have no moving slide to make noise, and they are very quiet firing. They shoot about 220, so theres enough power to work with, but they are full auto, which is really helpful.

If glocks arnt you style, TM makes a mean 1911 A1.

As for camo, tiger stripe FTWs. People dont see it as well as woodland. Use bits of twig placed on your kit to further camo urself.

Hope this helps.

As for camo, tiger stripe FTWs.  People dont see it as well as woodland.  Use bits of twig placed on your kit to further camo urself. 

Tiger Strip rocks, i played a full day with Screaming Weasel and didnt even know he was playing, i didnt see him once lol. i dont think it "works" any better, its just a lot rarer to see it. you get so much DPM and US woodland at sites that your eyes become trained to look for it. so unless you come up against a lot of guys in tiger stripe all the time you might not be able to spot it as easy.

Makes me glad my team opted for Tigerstripe (vietnam variety)! :) Tho i have a feeling the black stripes that are quite pronounced in it might be disadvantegous.

Back to topic: An M14 might probably be good but it's almost as long as a sniper rifle and you'd probably want to be more mobile, so a bull-pup like the AUG is probably a good idea. But if you dont like it's looks, perhaps go for some other battle rifle, maybe the King Arms FAL or the CA G3. Something that might be seriously good looking would be a AK-74 coupled with a silence/suppressor and a PSO-1 scope. There are many makes and varietys to choose from, and CYMAs cheapo AK74 is not half bad from what i've heard.

why does everybody keep saying "no m14, you're less mobile". I think a SOCOM M14 does the job perfectly, It's shorter than an m16, barely longer than an M4, and it's still really accurate. If you want to be a counter-sniper, obviously, you will have to make sacrifices such as length of gun and other things but trying to use a P90 as a counter-sniper just won't work as well as a long rifle.

The reason why I would want to keep a retractable stock is:

1) I can adjust it for the eye relief for the scope

2) Rearrange it for different surroundings (May shorten stock if I may come under fire and have to engage in a CQB firefight)

Also regarding in the case that I have to switch from the DMR role to a cqb type role, I can shorten the stock, and also already have my scope mounted on 2x G&P 30mm QR See-Through Knight Scope Ring Mount (There are holes under the rings so that you can switch to your iron sights), which changes the target acquisition type from 4x(scope) to with my iron sights (flip up front sight, and flip up BUIS). The only problem is I am not sure if the rings will support a sniper type scope as I commonly see them mounted with Aimpoints.

You can't have a DMR and CQB gun, a good counter sniper will need around 400fps for maximum range possible along with of course airseal, hop up, and barrel upgrades. Generally that gives you an MED around 50'+ feet, at least in Ohio, you need 350fps or below to have about around a 5' MED

Archived